Running Readers

The Perfect Mile (Read 569 times)

Future running partner.

Here is a review. The Perfect Mile book review. It's the same guy that wrote Seabiscuit and uses much the same style. I found this book very inspiring and actually sparked my interest to get back into running.
    Carl A

Just finished Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer, so this is a good time for The Perfect Mile recommendation - I need to get to the library before the Krakauer book is due. Thanks! Incidentally, the opposite of what you wrote about The Perfect Mile holds for Into Thin Air; this tragic book is written so well that I occasionally felt physically breathless, and was often glad that I cannot afford the expense of time or money that high-altitude mountaineering demands. However, in a way, I must admit that the allure of the mountains remains.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

I run for Fried Chicken!

I just picked up "The Perfect Mile" at the library today. Planning on reading it while I'm on vacation. Looks like it should be an interesting read.
        Carl A

Finished The Perfect Mile today. What an awesome book!

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Here is a review. The Perfect Mile book review. It's the same guy that wrote Seabiscuit and uses much the same style. I found this book very inspiring and actually sparked my interest to get back into running.

Laura Hillenbrand wrote Seabiscuit.  Not Neal Bascomb.

but Hillenbrand does have a book out related to running... Unbroken.  I'm not sure if I'll read that or not.  I'm unsure how much they go into him being "saved" as a born again by Billy Graham.  I'm not really into reading that. 

Ostrich runner

Unbroken talks about the Billy Graham stuff and where it comes from, but certainly doesn't have any proselytic hype. I sighed a bit when I got to that part, but it didn't end up bothering me. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum