Running Readers

The Extra Mile by Pam Reed free book.. (Read 633 times)

I run for Fried Chicken!

I have the book The Extra Mile by Pam Reed. http://www.amazon.com/Extra-Mile-Personal-Ultra-Running-Greatness/dp/1594864152 Read it sometime last year and I was going to donate it to the library, figured I would see if anyone here is interested in it. I'll even pay for shipping*, just say the word and I'll send it off. Offer good only in the continental US unless there's some cheap shipping.

Running safely

I will take the book if you still have it. Then I will return the favor by passing it on to someone else (either here or in the real world). Let me know if you still have it and I will provide my address. Thanks.

Bugs

That is one of my favorite books. I like that idea of passing on a book to someone else. We should start a thread that everyone does.

Bugs

I run for Fried Chicken!

I will take the book if you still have it. Then I will return the favor by passing it on to someone else (either here or in the real world). Let me know if you still have it and I will provide my address. Thanks.
          Yeah, I still have the book. Sorry for the slow reply, I stopped checking this forum for a while after no one responded. Shoot me an email at aaron1 @ gmail.com with your address and I'll try to get it out this week.

Running safely

I am about half way through the book. (Finally started it last week).

My opinion of Pam Reed is not very good at the moment. I started seeing a little ways into the book that, while she is polite about it, she seems to be angry at just about everything. The whole thing seems passive aggressive. I started reading the last few days with that in mind and it has jumped out even more.

I am interested in reading more about her anorexia and how it has affected her and how she has been dealing with it.

I will pass this book on to the next person when I am done. Just leave a message here and I will get mailing details from you. I should be done in a few more days.

Carl A

Thanks - I'll take it, and then I'll offer to send it on to another person here, in turn.

David, I'm using the handy new RA Messages gizmo to send a mailing address to you.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Running safely

Carl, I got your address. I will get it in the mail in a day or three. Should finish it tomorrow.

My opinion of Pam Reed is not very good at the moment. I started seeing a little ways into the book that, while she is polite about it, she seems to be angry at just about everything.

Yeah I felt that way too while reading it a few months back.

"Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
                  Carl A

I've finished the book and liked it a bunch, although I do agree that a better book editor could have helped her with deciding what to revise, especially in the book's final chapters.

I can definitely see her point of view, though, and I know that anger can be a natural reaction to certain elements of life. She does have a unique perspective--I especially enjoyed reading about her travel and race experiences. A big plus for me is that I can use some of the great knowledge I gained from reading this book in my next long race.

So, who would like to read The Extra Mile next? Like the others before me, I'll pay the shipping - all ya gotta do is say so and send a mailing address.

I'll take the book if it's still up for grabs
                      Carl A

Great--PM me a mailing address, and I'll send it right out!

Terrific! PM sent.
                          Carl A

The book is in the mail--enjoy!