Running Readers

Complete Guide to Marathon Preparation & Recovery (Read 384 times)

I'm a bit tired from not sleeping much this week, but I just published my first "book" - I'm selling it as a pdf download. It's 75 pages long, mostly text. I didn't really use any graphics except on the cover page, although there are a half dozen mostly blank pages to separate the different sections. Obviously, I think that it's a good read. I've gotten a lot of good feedback from the people who read the advance copies I sent out last week. If you are interested, I have a letter describing what is in the book here: www.marathoning.org/marathon-preparation

Run to Win
    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Congratulations on the long effort. It looks interesting, but I'm a ways away from running a full. I'm happy with the half right now, and will be moving down to 10k until most likely late fall. The marathon bug does hit me once a year, usually around the time of the LA marathon, so I'll be sure to give it a look if I get more than just an itch to run one.
        Got a quick typo you should fix: How Can This Improve YOUR Marathon? I have made a lot of mistakes with both my training and my racing, and some of them have been pretty painful. After developing a system that I now follow for all of my marthons, I no longer hit the wall and I can walk around after the race as though I had just done another long run and not just raced for over 26 miles. marthons => marathons.

ScriptCal

Got a quick typo you should fix:
          Thanks! Fixed. I'm usually pretty good about catching those things, but it's funny how tough it is to see something like that when you haven't slept for a week... Thanks for the heads up.

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)