Sub-4 Marathon Group

April 2013 (Read 53 times)

Smashy!!!

Hey all!

New month, new thread.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

onemile

Nice running everyone!

Banshee - nice 22 miler. I know you have a big marathon PR in you on the right day.

Damaris - nice run with MP miles

Cbus - 8:58? Sounds like you are feeling better!

I got in my last long run yesterday - 18 miles.  68.6 for the week.  Less than three weeks til race day!

mdawg87

70s and sunny in Atlanta today.  Trees are budding and saw the first small dusting of pollen this morning.  Feel sorry for all the allergy sufferers as that's about to hit in full force.  DH has even better weather this morning as he's in FL for the week.  He sent me a photo of his breakfast plate...veggies, meat, cheese, hummus, and fruit.  Gotta love Miami!  Abs, cycling, and stretching at the gym this morning.

cbus:  Hope you have another successful run today!

onemile:  Nice mileage!  Almost time for taper madness.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Docket_Rocket

Woot!  I like getting the last word on the thread, haha, no.

Morning!  I did 9 with 4 @ MP last night and the breathing was way better than when I did my 18.  Today, it will be a recovery run (to try new shoes) and weights.

Cbus, how are you doing?  Hope you're feeling better.

onemile, I saw your miles. Woot!  I saw because your team and my team are against each other.  PS, I can only imagine the conversations you might have with your teammate (P).  Haha.

mdawg, that pollen might kill me!  Our levels are dangerous.  And I'm not even allergic to pollen, just to dust.  Enjoy that nice weather.  Where in Miami is he?  I've never seen that breakfast before and now I want it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

DTF: In the purchased Hanson plans the 12x400 are marked as 2wu+12(400@5kw200r)+2cd, namely 200 meter recoveries.

akalei

I go away for 3 days and you guys get all chatty.  Lots to catch up on.

Docket: I've been a clerk since I started my career, which was only a year and a half ago.  Still new in the field, which sucks even more for trying to find a job right now!

Nice runs this weekend, everyone.  Onemile, enjoy your taper!

Insanity for DH and I today.  We're doing 3 days of that, 3 of running for the next few weeks until I have to start building up to get ready for Pfitz again at the end of May.  I'm thinking 2 6 mile runs during the week and something longer on the weekends.  All I have coming up is Broad Street the first weekend of May and a 5K this month, but I'm not super worried about nailing a PR there or anything.  I'll probably be pacing my brother in law for the 5K. So it's time to get my butt in shape for bikini season and what not.  Woof.  (Also, I like when I say "get in shape" to any friends, who then quickly remind me that I ran 2 half marathons in as many weekends recently and should probably choose different words... haha!)

My PR's! 5K: 21:54 | 10M: 1:16:55 | HM: 1:43:40 | Full: 3:51:56

2013: BQ or bust!

http://justalongfortherun.blogspot.com

onemile

Mdawg - thanks. I'd take some of that 70 degree weather. It's back in the 30s again here.

Damaris - My team is pretty quiet this year especially the person you're thinking of.

RVD - interesting Hansons has different recoveries in the purchased plan but I guess it makes sense - I think the purchased plans are harder all around!

Akalei  - enjoy the workout. I've heard Insanity is pretty tough!

RVD - interesting Hansons has different recoveries in the purchased plan but I guess it makes sense - I think the purchased plans are harder all around!

Tomorrow I have 2wu+5(1k@5kw400r)+2cd.  When I originally entered the workout into my Gamin in my last training cycle I accidentally put 200 meter recoveries.  It did kick my butt.

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Happy April everyone, and nice miles.  I got sent home from work this morning by my boss who took one look at me and decided that I had to be too sick to be working.  He is accurate.  I am going to try and do 5 slow miles this afternoon and just forget about making up the miles I missed last week.  The plan is basically to eliminate the cutback week and continue as follows until the marathon:

April 1-7:  5 mi/ 8 mi / 8 mi/ 5 mi /rest /10k/ 18 mi long run

April 8-14- 5/8/5/5/20 mile

April 15-21- 5/5/5/8/18 mile (eliminated cutback week)

April 22-28- 5/8/5/5/20 mile

April 29-May 5 - Taper beings

The two weeks where the 18 milers are are where otherwise, cutback weeks would have been.  I should be ok, right guys?

I am starting Pfitz on June 4 for Wineglass.  Summer will have more hours for that.  I may very well aim for a BQ there.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Docket_Rocket

Interesting.  At least you didn't get the other one.  Ha.

Mdawg - thanks. I'd take some of that 70 degree weather. It's back in the 30s again here.

Damaris - My team is pretty quiet this year especially the person you're thinking of.

Akalei  - enjoy the workout. I've heard Insanity is pretty tough!

akalei, hope you find something.  I was reading the rules for my program (Attorney Honors' Program) and they sound like it is more towards federal clerkships or straight from law school.  Google Attorney Honors Program DOJ and you should find the information.  Deadlines for 2014 should be coming in the Summer, so pretty soon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Smashy!!!

Hi all,

quick check in. Ran 7 easy @ 10:18 this morning. Feeling a lot better, but now I'm just dealing with pretty stubborn congestion. Everything feels pretty sluggish, which is to be expected with so much time off. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do at my race in two weeks. I'll run it hard. But I don't know what that will mean pace wise.

Will be back later for shout outs!!!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Rusk Runner

Onemile - You have done wonderful! I envy your training and look forward to your RR.

Sprinkles - You havent steered yourself wrong yet. Get Better!

Cbus - Do your best for what your health says is okay and its all good.

Mdawg - Be happy that you were not present to watch that guard from Louisville break his leg. I was freaking out at home and for once wishing I did not have high def television. So sad for him and I hope he recovers well.

6 miles recovery on the dreadmill for me tonight. I will use the dreadmill to keep me in check. I had a hard time reigning myself in during Saturday's 12.

The marathon will have temps starting at 40 and ending close to 70. Hopefully it will stay on the cooler end for a few hours. Either way I will not have processed all of my worries until at least mile 16 to 20 so we will just have to see how it goes.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

onemile

RVD - Whoops. Yeah that would be a butt-kicker.

D - good point! hehe  I miss having you to input our miles in the spreadsheet. We've ended up not getting 100% too many times this year already.

Sprinkles - looks like an okay plan to me!

Cbus - good on the 7.

indi - thanks. I wish I felt as good about my training as you do haha. I just am worried about my lack of LRs but I guess that's what I got myself into when I picked a plan without them.  40-70 shouldn't be bad for race day. I wouldn't want it any warmer though.  And I'd probably go with shorts/singlet/arm warmers and toss the arm warmers after a bit.  It's too early for me to fret about the weather but I'm sure I will start soon.

in the spirit of April fools day, I thought i would share some of our family shananigans with you. My wife and I are proud parents of three BOYS, ages 6,7, and 9. Last year, while they were all getting dressed for school DW convinced all three boys that it was National Underwear Awareness Day and that school sent home a memo saying to wear your clean underwear on the outside of the pants. Some documentation was provided to curb any hesitation. Pictures were taken and it was hilarious when she broke the news of April fools day. At the time they were 5,6, and 8 yrs old.

The past couple of birthday parties we have taken the boys to have had "cake pops" instead of birthday cake. These are small amounts of cake with icing on the end of a lolipop stick. This year DW made cake pops but instead of cake on the inside she put icing on mild shallots as an after school snack. Stay tuned.....

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

onemile

OMG Rollcast. I would hate to live in your house! Those are just cruel!  Big grin