Sub-4 Marathon Group

April 2013 (Read 53 times)

onemile

Simon - I hear you on the winter weather. This winter has been rough. We are actually seeing a little bit of spring today - should get up to mid-50s here and it's about time!

Akalei - nice job on the 5. Wind sucks.

Indi & cmb - thanks for sharing the recipes. Both look really easy. I will have to try them.

sprinkles - good on the 8!

mdawg - nice job on the 7!

I have 16 w/ 10 at GMP on schedule for tonight. Weather should be nice for once - 50s.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I am working from home, so I had time this morning to do 10 miles.  Unfortunately, it was so hot and humid last night that my 5 took more than an hour.  Bah.

mdawg, nice job on the 7.

Cbus, hope it's a nice run.

Jenny, good luck with the 16.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I was able to sneak in 4.5 fast mIles this am before the hard stuff starts. It was a chilly 30 degrees for my run. I am still in Chicago. Trying to keep my legs fresh for my 5k this Saturday back home. Weekly mileage is probably shot. People keep serving us food that is no way healthy for a runner.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Rusk Runner

Roll - Heres to a speedy 5K PR this weekend!

5 recovery on tap for tonight.  Went rummaging through the closets last night looking for throw away pants and shirt.  Got that set aside and loaded my gels and bib on the belt.  Clothing and all other stuff will be done tonight.  Stuffing my face with brown rice pasta at this very moment.  Got Taper?

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

bagopux

I was so tired from my run this morning that I started to pour chocolate milk into my oatmeal.  Blech.

Pacing for a 100-miler this weekend.  I was assigned to be ready at base camp at 1am.  Gonna be a long night!

Registration for the 2014 Rock n Roll Raleigh Marathon is now open.  We have 2,000+ runners entered already!

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

I think I figured out a plan for my half marathon for the summer/fall.  I felt that RNR Philly was a little too close to the marathon on Sept. 15 but that Sept. 7 gives me a full MONTH between races.  I think that's probably perfect.  I am likely going to do the Bird in Hand Half Marathon in Lancaster County, PA.  My mom might come with me and we'll make a weekend of it in Amish Country Smile  Its hilly but I love hills.  I could possibly place in my AG.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Good luck to the racers this weekend.

Tried a tempo run tonight, but could not hold the pace all the way. Started off ok then got progressively faster.

Kilometer splits - 5:48 (warm up) 5:16, 5:14, 4:58, 4:45, 4:42, 5:48 (stopped to get my breath back) 5:08, then 4:52 pace for the last 250 meters.

Something slower and longer tomorrow after I take the snow tyres off the cars.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Rusk Runner

Simon - You did what you were feeling good with and that is great!

Tomorrow is still going to be a crap shoot.  The leg is not as good as it ought to be but....

I will try to zone in on about an 8:20 pace and see how I feel.  Hopefully race-day magic will do its work and I will be fine.  3 or 4 recovery/shake this morning and then I need to tend to the details.

Hope everybody has a good day.  Have a good race tomorrow Roll!  If you are feeling good in that last half kilometer, push yourself till it hurts!

Just Run!!!

Ball of Fury

Hey all!  Just time for a quick pop-in today, still having a rough week with the sickness (the cough is just bad, bad, bad) but getting better.  I did manage 8 miles yesterday @ 9:27, but only 18 miles in a peak week just sucks!  Trying to get back into it, but also not be stupid, ya know?

Indy:  Good luck this weekend...I hope the leg holds up for you!

Roll:  Good luck with the 5K....run til you puke!  But, don't run too fast, because then I will have to duplicate it next weekend Big grin

Everyone else:  Great running...will catch up later!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

onemile

Good luck tomorrow Indi! I hope your leg behaves and I can't wait for the RR!!

Rollcast - kick that 5k's ass!  Show cbus how it's done!

bago - pacing for a 100 - that sounds interesting. Have fun!

Sprinkles - I hate hills but AG hardware sounds good!

Simon - I don't speak kilometers but sounds like a decent run.

Amik - try to get extra sleep if you can! That always seems to help me.

My 16 with 10 at MP last night was awesome.  It finally felt nice and easy for once.  Just in time. Only 2 weeks til the race!

6 easy on my schedule for tonight.

Rusk Runner

Amik - Get better and thanks for the well wishes!

Onemile - Thanks!  Carmel is beckoning someone as well trained as you!

Went for 3.25 this morning with no watch, HRM, etc.  Just an easy, slow jog to settle in.  Had oatmeal a couple hours ago and fixing to have a  bowl of somen noodles with spinach.  Might go to the LRS to get a sleeve for my leg.

Just Run!!!

onemile

Went for 3.25 this morning with no watch, HRM, etc.  Just an easy, slow jog to settle in.  Had oatmeal a couple hours ago and fixing to have a  bowl of somen noodles with spinach.  Might go to the LRS to get a sleeve for my leg.

QOTD for you and everyone else... how "planned" is your carb loading? Do you try for a certain # of grams of carbs or just try to eat plenty of carbs in general? For how long? A few days? the day before?

mdawg87

Good morning!  Strength training, cycling, and stretching at the gym this morning.  Had to dodge annoying crossfit/insanity/P90X boy this morning in the weight area.  He was running around from set to set on different equipment getting in everyone's way.  Uh, dude, this is a gym, not a specialized training studio.  Go there if that's what you want to do.  Can't wait for the workday to end.  I'm just not feeling motivated today with the nice spring weather looming for the weekend.  Too bad I have all this work to do.

QOTD:  In the past, I've just tried to eat more carbs the few days before without changing my total food intake.  Next race, I'm going to follow the Fitzgerald plan and see how that works.

Indi:  Good luck!  Fingers crossed for that race day magic!

Sprinkles:  Oooo...AG placing possibility...nice.  That'll show the sparkle skirt group a thing or two.

AmiK:  Sure hope you feel better soon.  Get well already!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have no internet at the house, bah!  I finished 12.25 and weights (doubles) yesterday.  Today, it will be the chiro and 5 recovery miles.

Rollcast, good luck on the 5K!

indiana, don't let the taper get you!  Good luck!

bago, I thought of you on Wednesday when I was running in 86F and 70 dewpoint.  Every time I read 12:30mm I remember that according to your document, I am running at a good pace for real.  Bah.  Enjoy the pacing duties.

Sprinkles, sounds like a plan.

Simon, maybe it was an off day.

AmiK, I hope you get back to 100% soon.

onemile, enjoy your 6.  Love the workouts and how easy they have been feeling, girl!

mdawg, enjoy those workouts!

QOTD, I don't plan an exact carbo loading technique, but I do more carbs in general in the last 3 days prior to the race.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Rusk Runner

I try to get as close to 400g of carbs per day for at least two days prior.  That is a bunch and it seemed to go well for me during my last race.  I will be snacking through the day and taking rice and noodles at the major meal times.

Just Run!!!