Sub-4 Marathon Group

April 2013 (Read 53 times)

White Lightning

What a weekend here.  Big wind storm all weekend blew over some of our big 50+ year old spruce trees.  Didn't break them but popped them out of the ground so I think I was able to save them.  Still blowing pretty good but now and its snowing pretty good.  Funniest thing?  I'm running in the snow tonight and it was thundering.  Anyways, tights cam out of the closet for tonight's 5.1 GA miles at 9:44.  Really hoping for a consistent week and want to hit 30 miles so its a really good start.

Play the Game Hard!

Ball of Fury

Morning guys!  Another URD since MD told me no running/exercise today due to the cortisone shots.  I am hoping to get into the PT tomorrow (working 24 hours today) and then try an easy run either tomorrow afternoon or Thursday, we will see.

Josh:  Holy cow that's windy!! Good luck with your ITB and getting in the miles.

Jedi:  Yes, I was supposed to run my goal HM this Saturday, but that's definitely out.  There is a 5K that morning that I am considering, but will just have to see how my legs feel.

Nick:  In the past, my symptoms didn't appear until around 6 miles into a run.  Last week however, I was having pain and an altered gait with any running and twice had to stop and go home even before I got to a mile.  As much as I want to run, I am definitely going to listen to the doc and take it easy and if I have severe pain, I will stop.  The good news is that usually I have less pain with faster running than with slower running.

Docket:  Nice run/walk with DH.  Does he like his new shoes?

Cmb:  Ugh...that stinks about the boot!!  You are handling this injury MUCH, MUCH better than I would....congrats to you!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning Donuts! 7.2m w/3m@goalHMP to stay sharp for Sunday. 7:04 avg pace. Ready to go and RD tomorrow.

AmiK - if it was me I would not race at all. Run to race another day.

josh - my tights have been in put away till next winter.Smile

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

onemile

cmb - how frustrating.  Ugh.

josh - can't believe you still have snow.  wow.

amik - when I had my cortisone, it was really sore for a couple days and then felt much better.  so you might find you want to wait til Thursday to run.

jedi - nice pace this morning.

Damaris - cool that your DH is starting to run.

Something short and easy for me tonight.  We are getting a taste of summer and it's supposed to be in the 80s.

mdawg87

Good morning!  7 TM miles at an easy 9:40 pace at the gym.  Strength training tonight.  Toiling at the salt mines again today in an attempt to dig out after vacation.  Already planning my next one.  How bad is that?  Looked over the Hansons book again last night.  Training starts soon.  Really hoping my legs hold up this time.  I'm thinking the lack of long slow 20 milers will help me.

AmiK:  I agree with Jedi.  Why race at all?  It may do you more harm than good.  I wouldn't push it.

Josh:  You have had the weather issues this year for sure.  What's the timeline for your move to a warmer climate?

Jedi:  Can't wait to stalk you!  I'll be up getting ready to run that morning.

cmb:  Bummer on not being out of the boot yet.  But you are making progress!

onemile:  Sounds like you are recovering well.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Feeling a lot better this morning. But  my allergies are kicking in like crazy. It also has me wondering if I've been dealing with allergies all along, and was not ill. But can allergies produce cold-like symptoms, like aches and pains? In any case, I'll be getting in a run today. It's going to be glorious in Columbus.

Jedi, you're gonna smash this race!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Smashy!!!

Good morning!  7 TM miles at an easy 9:40 pace at the gym.  Strength training tonight.  Toiling at the salt mines again today in an attempt to dig out after vacation.  Already planning my next one.  How bad is that?  Looked over the Hansons book again last night.  Training starts soon.  Really hoping my legs hold up this time.  I'm thinking the lack of long slow 20 milers will help me.

AmiK:  I agree with Jedi.  Why race at all?  It may do you more harm than good.  I wouldn't push it.

Josh:  You have had the weather issues this year for sure.  What's the timeline for your move to a warmer climate?

Jedi:  Can't wait to stalk you!  I'll be up getting ready to run that morning.

cmb:  Bummer on not being out of the boot yet.  But you are making progress!

onemile:  Sounds like you are recovering well.

+1...especially a 5k (yuck).

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Jedi - in case i forget, good luck this weekend!

RVD - Any tracking options for your race next weekend?

Me - 4 difficult recovery miles last night

QOTD (for me) : Last time i plugged my Garmin in (Sunday night) and connected to GarminConnect it notified me that there was an update. So, I accepted the update. On last nights run it seemed that the GPS was off by at least .12/.13 per mile. It was very stormy and lots of lightining. Does the weather affect it that much or shold I try an un - update?

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

onemile

mdawg - nice job on the 7!  I think the lack of 20 milers really helped me stay uninjured and helped me hit the faster paced workouts.

cbus - glad you're feeling better.  Allergies sound awful though.

Roll - I have noticed on very cloudy days my GPS is sometimes off. Especially at the beginning of a run.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  5 recovery miles and weights tonight.

AmiK, since it was raining, he didn't use his new shoes, LOL.

Cbus, feel better.

Rollcast, when it's raining and cloudy I get the same.

All, have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RVD - Any tracking options for your race next weekend?

I think only by carrier pigeon from the water stations.

I think only by carrier pigeon from the water stations.

^^^^^ this made me laugh.

re QOTD : I havent had it do this in storms before so, good to know. The lightining was chasing me BTW.

Donuts, there is a post on the beginners and beyond thread , its called "one more view of Boston", but it is worth a read. It had me choked up, it is a well written depiction of a runners RR in the middle of the chaos

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Rusk Runner

Amik - skip it or easy run it. Be good to yourself and ensure a longer career at what you enjoy.

cbus - enjoy it bro!

Jedi - You da Man!

Onemile - so happy to hear you are on the road again.

Josh - WOW.

Roll - I tend to have some signal problems during an especially bad weather run.

RV - LOL

Docket - Do you and DH do some runs together?

Me - No running this morning as life got in the way big time last night. Lets just say I was not in bed till after 11 after putting a new fridge in the kitchen. Bummed that I had to miss PT yesterday also. I have some serious mowing to tend to this afternoon before more rain sets in so.... it will be a late run or a URD. Hard to say till the moment comes.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Docket_Rocket

It is a nice and sad read.  Please read.

^^^^^ this made me laugh.

re QOTD : I havent had it do this in storms before so, good to know. The lightining was chasing me BTW.

Donuts, there is a post on the beginners and beyond thread , its called "one more view of Boston", but it is worth a read. It had me choked up, it is a well written depiction of a runners RR in the middle of the chaos

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I hope not.  By day 3 of vacation we are getting ready to kill each other so too much time together might be detrimental, LOL.

But yeah, helping him get started while getting some extra miles is awesome.  And we didn't want to kill eag other, hmmmmm.

Amik - skip it or easy run it. Be good to yourself and ensure a longer career at what you enjoy.

cbus - enjoy it bro!

Jedi - You da Man!

Onemile - so happy to hear you are on the road again.

Josh - WOW.

Roll - I tend to have some signal problems during an especially bad weather run.

RV - LOL

Docket - Do you and DH do some runs together?

Me - No running this morning as life got in the way big time last night. Lets just say I was not in bed till after 11 after putting a new fridge in the kitchen. Bummed that I had to miss PT yesterday also. I have some serious mowing to tend to this afternoon before more rain sets in so.... it will be a late run or a URD. Hard to say till the moment comes.

Damaris

Fundraising Page