Sub-4 Marathon Group

April 2013 (Read 53 times)

mdawg87

Good morning!  Another easy 7 TM miles and stretching at the gym.  Itching to get back outside this weekend after my wonderful runs in FL.  However, I will NOT have flats like I did down there.  Sigh...guess it's back to the track for that on Saturday.

Jedi/onemile:  If the Hansons beginner plan goes for well for me this cycle, I'll attempt the advanced plan for the next one.

Josh:  How's the weight loss coming?  Are you back on the Racing Weight plan?  I've been on it for about 5 weeks.  BF has dropped about 1.5% and weight about 2 lbs.  Not feeling hungry, deprived, etc.  Also have plenty of energy.

Indi:  Still feeling good from the PT?  Have you gone back yet?

Roll/Docket/AmiK:  Read that gentleman's Boston RR.  Very moving.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

I'm still not feeling very good. Thought I could go running today, but as soon as I headed out, I knew I wasn't right. Still managed 4 miles. So, today, I bit the bullet and made an appointment to see the doctor--unfortunately, it's not until Friday afternoon.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  7 miles with 2 @ MP done.  More tonight with hubby.

at the doctor, so on the iPhone.  Have a great day!

posting before this one gets locked.Joking

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

Morning guys.  I did another 5 easy miles last night. It was 85* and sunny so that made it not so fun.  That's Wisconsin for you though. It's either freezing cold or hot.   I will probably do 5 again tonight.  I'm trying to be careful not to do too much but I hate running less than 5.

mdawg - sounds like a good plan to me. I think you can always add a few miles to the easy days at the beginning of the plan if you are already at that point mileage-wise.

cbus - good call on seeing a dr.

Amik - if your hip is sore, maybe wait til tomorrow.

roll - nice job on the 7

josh - I liked how the Inspires felt too but then my knee and ankle started bothering me when I wore them so I had to go back to my Adrenalines.

Indi - sounds like  a busy day

Jedi - how many days till Frederick?  weather looking okay?  Wink  And I've seen that Hansons 20 week plan. I think I could make it to week 5. MAYBE.

Hanson 20wk 60-80mpw from their website. A bit different than book, but think it will get me result I want. Sub3:15 is my BQ time hence the 1:32Tight lippedx goal at Frederick.

That is the same one I'm using, starting on May 27 for Chicago.  I have condensed it down to this format with a couple of slight modifications.  For example for the first three 10 mile runs, I stuck a few MP miles in there because I'll be trying a faster marathon pace for Chicago and I want to ease into that pace a bit.  Plus I have a 5k and 10k stuck in there.

P.S. I stopped and picked up an apple fritter donut and some chocolate milk for myself this AM (kolaches for the office). Maaaaan it was great. Cool

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

cmb4314

Onemile - 85 degrees?  Holy moly.  Are you getting the cold front (and SNOW.  In MAY) that we're getting in MN tonight?  It was in the 70s here yesterday, but right now it's 42 and we're getting snow accumulation overnight.

Jedi - Good luck with that plan.  One of my running goals is to complete that plan

Me - 5.7 Miles at 9:25, finished last 0.7 at 8:41 and felt really strong.  Diet back to my running diet and I have so much more energy.  Still cold and windy, only got to 32F today, but should be back in the 60's tomorrow.  Second day in my Inspire 9's and I think I like them, not sure yet.  Completely different feel than my Adrenaline's but not sure if that's a good or bad thing or not.  I feel faster in them though

I have a pair of Inspires that I was rotating in with my Adrenalines.  I do agree, that my feet felt a little bit lighter and faster in them.

I personally could feel it in my ankles right away that they were less supportive, but it was not necessarily a bad soreness, so I ended up just using them for short to medium runs, and leaving the Adrenalines for all of my long runs.  After a few weeks I seemed to adapt to them okay and I wasn't noticing any sore ankles anymore, but I have never taken them for more than ~10 miles since I worry about aggravating my IT band since I know I'm overpronating more in them.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Smashy!!!

I have a pair of Inspires that I was rotating in with my Adrenalines.  I do agree, that my feet felt a little bit lighter and faster in them.

I personally could feel it in my ankles right away that they were less supportive, but it was not necessarily a bad soreness, so I ended up just using them for short to medium runs, and leaving the Adrenalines for all of my long runs.  After a few weeks I seemed to adapt to them okay and I wasn't noticing any sore ankles anymore, but I have never taken them for more than ~10 miles since I worry about aggravating my IT band since I know I'm overpronating more in them.

I have a pair of Inspire 9s too. I don't really need the extra pronation control, but I use them on runs after quality days. I think they are great. They have a great ride from toe to heel, which I think makes them feel wearable.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

akalei

Happy Wednesday Donuts! Akalei who?  I need to stop being so darn unreliable.  What a hectic few weeks.  DH's grandma got flown down here to Hershey Med Center Wednesday before last, had a triple bypass and double valve repair that Friday, which NO ONE saw coming--not even her.  Since we're the only family living close to Hershey, it's been a busy few weeks for us.  She's home and recovering now, thank goodness.  But that mixed with work and running and life in general has proven to be a bit much for me.  At the same time, I'm glad I've been able to get out and run without cutting back TOO much... needed it these last few weeks.

Jedi: Woohoo to Philly!  Also, you make me feel like a bum with your early morning runs on fb!  You're finished before I'm even awake half the time!  Smile

RV: That's a nice looking plan... tough.  You're so incredibly organized.  I might have to look into Hansons for Wineglass.

Cbus: hope you're feeling better.  Don't doctors usually keep a few appointments open every day for stuff like this?  That's lame that they can't see you until Friday.

Everyone: some good runs this morning/yesterday!  I had 5 mi of hill repeats yesterday which evidently killed my quads, because this morning, those same hills were EXTREMELY slow.  It took me almost an hour to do 6.2, though that included stopping to clean up after pup twice and to let him off the leash/put him back on when people were coming.  Didn't really time it strictly--just based it on when I got out of my car and back in, so probably about 55 min total.  Rough nonetheless.

So I've been really determined to try and get my BQ this year, but I've realized that registration will be full by the time I would nail it at Wineglass.  I've been THIS close to signing up for Bob Potts down in York on May 26.  Mind you, the longest I've run lately is 14 miles (I did that this past Sunday and kept an 8:30 pace... not bad for tired legs and an afternoon run).  I think I've gotten too confident coming off the back-to-back half weeks with a 1:43 and 1:45, respectively, and that makes me think, subconsciously, that I could do it.  Plus I want it bad.  Ugh.  Talk me down, donuts. Joking

May board starting soon?

My PR's! 5K: 21:54 | 10M: 1:16:55 | HM: 1:43:40 | Full: 3:51:56

2013: BQ or bust!

http://justalongfortherun.blogspot.com

Docket_Rocket

Akalei, hope your grandmother recovers well.

and I was wondering the same thing about the May thread.  I am on my iPhone so I cannot do it now.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page