Sub-4 Marathon Group

April 2013 (Read 53 times)

White Lightning

Josh  - wow - fiber the night before - I'd be way too scared to try that myself but if it works for you that's great. Has it ever not timed out to when you'd expect?.  In fact, I usually try to avoid any fiber the week before the race - lol - but i guess everyone's system is a little different.  During my training last year, most of the fiber i had was after my long run (since i usually had an off day afterwards,etc) lol

I stay high fiber all the time, around 70 grams a day, so if anything less, its a miserable few days Cry

Play the Game Hard!

Rusk Runner

I am indulging in a bowl of oatmeal and a cup of coffee 4 hours pre-race.  The oatmeal for the carbs, the coffee to get things evacuated prior to the race if you know what I mean.  I might munch on some Belvita crackers a couple of hours before the race while sipping on a little water.

Thought I would check in with my support group before I hit the road.  Thanks so much to all of you for your advice and encouragement through my running journey.  You all have been wonderful as usual and I would have a much harder time doing this without all of your charm, wit, sarcasm, and comraderie.

Today is marathon #3.  Another milestone!  I am anxious as you would expect.

Happy Running!

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Docket_Rocket

I've had similar issues, DTF.  One time I did a barley dish for dinner before a long run and I made so many bathroom stops, barley has been taken out of my list of things to eat before running.  Ha.

Josh  - wow - fiber the night before - I'd be way too scared to try that myself but if it works for you that's great. Has it ever not timed out to when you'd expect?.  In fact, I usually try to avoid any fiber the week before the race - lol - but i guess everyone's system is a little different.  During my training last year, most of the fiber i had was after my long run (since i usually had an off day afterwards,etc) lol

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Go, indi!  Good luck!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ball of Fury

Good luck Indy and Roll!!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Ball of Fury

Morning Donuts!  Again, good luck to all racing...can't wait to hear about the new PRs!  I actually got up and ran at 5 AM this morning...felt almost normal again...yay!  6 miles @ 10:11/mile.  Weekly total only 24 miles, but all I can do is jump back in and keep going!  Working 12 hours on this beautiful day, so I need you guys to go out and enjoy the weather for me, ok?

QOTD:  Obviously, no expert here.  For our marathon, we just kinda ate more carbs for the 2-3 days prior, but didn't do that well with travel, etc....interested to see everyone's responses because I want to do a better job this time around!

onemile

Go Indi Go!

Smashy!!!

Good luck, Indi and Roll! Smash your races!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Out of 370 runners I placed 8th overall, 2nd in my age group (30-39), and a .........PR babyyyyyyy!

21:27 chip time. I could do sub-20 this year. Gonna give it a go, just not sure of which race

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

onemile

Woohooo!  Awesome job! Congrats on the new PR!

And I'm totally jealous of such a smokin' time!

Out of 370 runners I placed 8th overall, 2nd in my age group (30-39), and a .........PR babyyyyyyy!

21:27 chip time. I could do sub-20 this year. Gonna give it a go, just not sure of which race

mdawg87

Good morning!  7 mile progression run at the track this morning with DH.  Started with a 10:04 mile and ended with an 8:08 mile.  Feel like I'm getting a little speed back.  Starting to think seriously about a fall marathon now.  Gorgeous day in the ATL.  Looking forward to the Final Four tonight!

Go Indi go!

Congrats Roll!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

bagopux

Agree with Josh on timing of food.  I usually try to eat that last big meal in the late afternoon.  5pm at the latest.  Last race, it was really a linguine w/ clam sauce and garlic bread late lunch.  After that, I just graze, keep the water content up, and have a reasonable dinner and snack before bed (9pm-ish).

Not sure I'd try the fiber though.

akalei

awesome job, Roll!  Kick ass PR!

I also have a listof things I won't eat before a long run or race. I take Imodium before marathons, too, to be safe.

Sprinkles: I'll let you know how the kinvaras are Smile I ran in the virratas yesterday and love them already.  Comparable to the PF, but lighter. Also, I started reading Lean In after you were talking about it, and I'm hooked. Definitely an interesting read!

Heading out for 10 now--late start, but man is it chilly out this morning!

My PR's! 5K: 21:54 | 10M: 1:16:55 | HM: 1:43:40 | Full: 3:51:56

2013: BQ or bust!

http://justalongfortherun.blogspot.com

Ball of Fury

Holy crap Roll!  I thought I told you to run fast, but not too fast!  Seriously, congratulations...not sure I can match that one next weekend, but dammit, I will try!!

Akalei:  I also take immodium before races....learned a very hard lesson on my first HM that I NEVER want to repeat again.  And, I hope you like the Kinvara's.  I almost bought a pair when I bought the PF, but my foot is a bit wide and the toe box on the Kinvara was too narrow for me.  Really bummed, too, because I like the way they look a LOT better than the PF!

Smashy!!!

Roll that is an awesome result! Enjoy your donut!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)