Sub-4 Marathon Group

April 2013 (Read 51 times)

Thanks fellow donuts!!! I was passed and then smoked by a 70+ year old. I was lovin' it. The guy had some great mojo, we talked for a bit afterward.

Indi - bring the good news brother!

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

onemile

Indi - how did it go?!?  Anxiously waiting for an update!

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Nice Job Roll!

Akalei- It is such a good book! I'm definitely waiting for that run review on the Kinvaras!

Indiana- RACE RESULTS NEEDED!!!

Me- Delayed my long run one more day to kick the cough, but ran my 10k today.  51:31.  PR technically, but um...I ran the 10k split in my half marathon in 49, so I am not impressed with this result.  A bunch of walkers ran in front of me...awesome.  I also got elbowed in the stomach by some psycho running super slow in the 7:30 corral...good times.   Going to the car show tonight...with a 19 year old who is somewhat loud.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Rusk Runner

First off....Congaratulations Roll!!!!  You da MAN!  I am very happy for you!

Before I download my garmin information to show what we will call a poorly executed race run by a person who should have deferred his entry, I want all of you to know that I am still VERY happy with my time.  I can honestly say that through all of the poor decisions I have made over the last 5 or 6 weeks,  I am still proud of myself for another marathon finish and a new PR of 3:42:21 (official).

Now that you know that I have finished and what my time is, I will upload my data and tell you everything that went wrong.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Ball of Fury

Congrats on the PR Indy!  I am sorry your race did not go as well as you hoped, but impressed with your attitude about it!  Maybe we can all learn something...lord knows I am still quite ignorant when it comes to running!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Flinders

Three Martini Lunch

Indy, that will just make the next PR that much bigger.  Still, congrats on the PR!!

Roll, congrats on the PR, too!

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

DetroitTigerFan

Roll - congratulations !! so what did your splits look like? it's been a while since I've done a 5K - always interested in if you did a warm up and how this affects pace in a short race

Cbus - note Roll's time - that's what you must beat for your 5K punishment for the April 1 donut trickery Smile

Indy - congrats on the PR !!! another sub 4 - sweet !!!  looking forward to the race review - get ready for my standard slew of post race questions Smile

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Rusk Runner

Thanks guys!

I am too tired to pound out a RR at the moment, but I will put it down to the biggest factors:

1. Missed too many quality runs at the peak of my training due to injury

2. Ran other runs during training despite injury

3. After a loss of confidence and (in my thinking) fitness, I ran the race even though I constantly told myself to defer my entry

4. Ignored my own advice of pulling my goal pace down to 8:20

things went awry during mile 22.  Breathing and HR were good to go best I could tell but the wind and hills and my left leg from the hip down to my ankle made some decisions that my mental game could not overcome.  I basically ran/walked my way to a 4:39 PR.  Funny thing though, I met a woman and guy during the race that were also looking to finish at 3:35ish.  All three of us finishsed within a minute of each other.

Oh yeah, I would not rec this race to anyone.  Less than 20 people cheering outside of the water stops.  I like a small race, but this was the extreme.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

onemile

Sounds like a rough race. Congrats on managing to come out of it with a PR anyway!  I hope you do write a RR later.

Thanks guys!

I am too tired to pound out a RR at the moment, but I will put it down to the biggest factors:

1. Missed too many quality runs at the peak of my training due to injury

2. Ran other runs during training despite injury

3. After a loss of confidence and (in my thinking) fitness, I ran the race even though I constantly told myself to defer my entry

4. Ignored my own advice of pulling my goal pace down to 8:20

things went awry during mile 22.  Breathing and HR were good to go best I could tell but the wind and hills and my left leg from the hip down to my ankle made some decisions that my mental game could not overcome.  I basically ran/walked my way to a 4:39 PR.  Funny thing though, I met a woman and guy during the race that were also looking to finish at 3:35ish.  All three of us finishsed within a minute of each other.

Oh yeah, I would not rec this race to anyone.  Less than 20 people cheering outside of the water stops.  I like a small race, but this was the extreme.

Ball of Fury

Sounds like a tough course Indy!  I bet you will kick butt at Monumental....flat, flat, flat!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Nice PR Indi!!! That's something to be proud of. I hope to run a full that fast sometime. Overcoming struggles like that is always mental ammo for future races. Have a donut.

DTF - splits were embarrassing. Didn't manage my pace well because I got caught up in the moment during the first 1/2 mile running with the young bucks, I looked down and was running a 5:35 pace. Backed off to a mid 6 min pace. Struggled in the second half of the second mile and beginning of the third mile. Then told myself to "suck it up butter cup". About that time a senior citizen made me look like I was running backward.

Mile one : 6:32

Mile two : 7:12

Mile three : 7:17

the last .1 : sprint (ish)

Smashy!!!

Indi, congrats on the PR. Sounds like it was a tough race. Way to gut it out. You da man!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  Internet was out most of the day, bah, but here I am!  15 miles done this morning in gorgeous weather but with a headwind all the way. Nice run.

Rollcast, woot!  That is an awesome result.

AmiK, hope you're feeling better.

Great runs, all.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Bad Ass

Sprinkles, a PR is a PR and you just made it official.  You'll get the next one soon!

Indi, awesome result.  Congrats!

OK, I'm caught up now!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."