Sub-4 Marathon Group

February 2013 (Read 64 times)

Smashy!!!

1:11:22 official time, 4/38 AG!!  but my garmin only measured 9.22 so I'm afraid it was short!  Official pace was 7:40 but my avg for 9.22 was 7:44.4.  Two of the miles were pretty slippery so I'll take it!!  Now to decide what this means for my MP dilemma.

Awesome race! Can't wait for the RR. As for the marathon, I think it means stay with the paces you've been training at.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Onemile:  Nice race!!  Don't fret about the Garmin coming up short; they aren't 100% exact, so eight-hundreths of a mile is well within the margin of error.  As for pace, I think what it can indicate is that if the remainder of your training goes well, your aspirational pace of 8:30 (that is what you'd like, right?  I can't remember exactly), is achievable if conditions are good on race day.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Ball of Fury

Great job One Mile!!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sounds like you can hit 8:30mm in the marathon, Jenny.  Especially since Carmel won't be this snowy, icy, or hard in terms of weather.

Damaris

Nice job Onemile. How did the legs feel after? Did you have more in the tank or were you spent?

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Got in 5.25 easy miles today. Just munchin on some Twizzlers now. I'm so addicted to Twizlers right now.

Me: munchin on Twizzlers.

Son 2: Dad, what's those?

Me: nothing.

Son 2: (Still curious) What are you eating?

Me: they're my, uh ,energy sticks. That's right energy sticks.

Son 2: what are they for?

Me: To give me energy after I run.

Son 2: can I have some?

Me: No.

Son 2: why?

Me: because you didn't run 6 miles today.

Son 2: Can I run with you tomorrow?

cmb4314

Well, no marathon for me.  I managed to hit a bad ice patch this morning, and I am now the owner of a broken ankle.

When I fell my foot flew back and my body kept going forward, so my leg bent underneath me and I landed on it with my full weight.  High ankle sprain on the outside, a secondary sprain on the inside, and a crack clear through the base of my fibula.

Well, at least I still get to have a vacation in New Orleans.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Rusk Runner

Cbus - Give the boy a twizzler.

Onemile - Great race!  Congrats!  Dont change your training GMP.

Nachos - careful with the Cadence.  I am not sure I understand the term stability.  When I put on the cadence what I feel is pronation correction  and arch support.  I think the Pureflow has more stability with its wider sole.  Arch support I can get from quality inserts.

Got in 8 easy miles @ 8:43 avg pace.  Decided to hit the hills today.  Its been awhile since I have ran those particular hills and I think I will do my 14 miles on them tomorrow.  DW let me buy a nice Adidas 1/4 zip hoodie that was on clearance today.  That was nice.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Smashy!!!

Well, no marathon for me.  I managed to hit a bad ice patch this morning, and I am now the owner of a broken ankle.

When I fell my foot flew back and my body kept going forward, so my leg bent underneath me and I landed on it with my full weight.  High ankle sprain on the outside, a secondary sprain on the inside, and a crack clear through the base of my fibula.

Noooooooo!!! This is terrible news. Sorry CMB. Hang in there...

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Oh, No!!!  Sad  Hang in there, CMB!

(I guess saying enjoy NOLA would be kinda like, "Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?", right?)

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Ball of Fury

Oh Cmb...I am so sorry!!  I hope you heal quickly!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

onemile

Thanks guys! I'm pretty happy with my race time as it's faster than the McMillian equivalents of any of my PRs.  Thanks for all the MP feedback. Smile

Sprinkles - pretty trail Smile

Damaris - that was definitely 15k pace, not MP Big grin  I do think the footing slowed me down on two of the miles because it was quite slippery - the rest was clear and smooth sailing though and I don't think the cold affected me.

Rollcast - I felt pretty spent. Couldn't have run it faster.  Mile 8 was uphill and I was DYING.  I'm pretty sore and stiff right now.

indi - thank you! Nice pace on the hills. And new running clothes are always fun!

CMB - OMG, I am so sorry. How awful.

Canuck

That's a great time onemile!  Even if the race was short (I had the same problem in a 15K last year, it measured 9:25 and everyone had it short on their Garmins), you can extrapolate that time out and it would still be right around 1:12:00 which is smokin'.  Plugging that into race calculators gives you MP between 8:12 (3:35) and 8:22 (3:40), so you're definitely fine running MP @ 8:30.  What's your BQ, is it 3:35 or 3:40?  If it's 3:40, I'd seriously consider making that your goal, you still have 10 weeks of training to go.

cmb - oh no!! So sorry about that, what bad luck.

Well, I finally ran today, only one mile on the treadmill, but it was something.  I finally had two days of walking pain free on Thurs-Fri, so I ran a slow mile on the TM before personal training.  Felt tight in the injured spot, but not bad.  Will run a longer, outdoor run tomorrow - probably try for a nice easy 5 miles.  If I'm good, I'll run every other day this week to get back into the swing of things.  No race tomorrow though for me obviously, not going to make my first run back 13 miles.

PRs: 47:54 (10K); 1:46:36 (HM); 3:50:52 (FM)

Recovering from injured knee (PCL/Lateral Meniscus)

Rusk Runner

cmb - I am so very sorry to hear that.  I hope you are without too much pain and I hope you are back on the road soon.  Gosh, so close.

Zoe - Keep on truckin!

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

onemile

Yeah unfortunately BQ time for me 3:35 but honestly I would be THRILLED with 3:45 Smile

Glad you were able to do a little run and hope the one tomorrow goes well!!

That's a great time onemile!  Even if the race was short (I had the same problem in a 15K last year, it measured 9:25 and everyone had it short on their Garmins), you can extrapolate that time out and it would still be right around 1:12:00 which is smokin'.  Plugging that into race calculators gives you MP between 8:12 (3:35) and 8:22 (3:40), so you're definitely fine running MP @ 8:30.  What's your BQ, is it 3:35 or 3:40?  If it's 3:40, I'd seriously consider making that your goal, you still have 10 weeks of training to go.

cmb - oh no!! So sorry about that, what bad luck.

Well, I finally ran today, only one mile on the treadmill, but it was something.  I finally had two days of walking pain free on Thurs-Fri, so I ran a slow mile on the TM before personal training.  Felt tight in the injured spot, but not bad.  Will run a longer, outdoor run tomorrow - probably try for a nice easy 5 miles.  If I'm good, I'll run every other day this week to get back into the swing of things.  No race tomorrow though for me obviously, not going to make my first run back 13 miles.