Sub-4 Marathon Group

February 2013 (Read 64 times)

Ball of Fury

Thanks CBus!  Do you know if the 1080 v.3 is much different than the v.2?  The v2 are on sale on running warehouse for around $80.  Thought about those or I could get the Enigma for around $110.

Ami, if you liked the Rider, try the Enigma. Also interesting is the NB 1080 v.3--lower heal drop, more flexible, but well cushioned and light. A favorite of mine is the good ole Nike Pegasus. Sometimes it's too soft for my needs. But when the mileage gets high, I enjoy wearing them on easy days.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Smashy!!!

Thanks CBus!  Do you know if the 1080 v.3 is much different than the v.2?  The v2 are on sale on running warehouse for around $80.  Thought about those or I could get the Enigma for around $110.

There is a huge difference between v. 2 and v.3. In my view, v. 2 is a terrible shoe. My main complaint is that it is a very, very, VERY stiff shoe from heel to toe, which makes for a dreadful rider. V. 3 is MUCH ligher, and they redid the outsole construction, making it a much more flexible shoe. The Enigma is also a great shoe. And I think if you like the Rider, I'd go with the Enigma for continuity. I would not recommend the 1080 v. 2, no matter how cheap.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Smashy!!!

Onemile, these are my thoughts exactly: hate the workouts, love the results. But what I also love about the plan is how interactive it is. Last cycle, when I was training for my marathon, I just felt like I was training blind, and hoping for the best on race day. But with Hansons I feel like I get much more feedback from the training, so that I can make adjustments. Good luck on your easy miles today! Good thing your Speed this week is an "easier" one--that 15k was absolutely perfectly timed.

Heh, I have a love hate thing going on with Hansons.  Hate doing the workouts. Love how I feel after I complete them.  It was rough the first few weeks getting used to it but now I'm feeling like it's tough but manageable and I think I'm seeing results, so I can't complain too much.

Just think of how awesome it will feel to complete that last interval Smile  (I still have two left and next week is a repeat of the dreaded 3x1600).

Ball of Fury

Thank you for the shoe info!  And that is exactly how I feel about Hansons!

Onemile, these are my thoughts exactly: hate the workouts, love the results. But what I also love about the plan is how interactive it is. Last cycle, when I was training for my marathon, I just felt like I was training blind, and hoping for the best on race day. But with Hansons I feel like I get much more feedback from the training, so that I can make adjustments. Good luck on your easy miles today! Good thing your Speed this week is an "easier" one--that 15k was absolutely perfectly timed.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

White Lightning

cbus - jeeze the peer pressure.  But its done, but 3 weeks after my full.  Don't see any reason to run one in the middle of the cycle.

roll - wow, great 10 miles

Banshee - hang in there

Bago - good to see pain free running

Me - SRD, legs feel tired and a bit stiff but not sore.  Light stretching through the day, maybe yoga tonight, not sure.

Play the Game Hard!

nachosgrande

Cmb - That's terrible news.  Get well.

OneMile - Great 15k.  Congrats!

All the other donuts - Nice running this weekend.

Lol...well now I've got shin splints in my right leg too.  So I'm walking around all day with a cold compress strapped to both legs.  Ran 5 on Saturday on the treadmill and 11 outside on Sunday.  Coming to the realization that I can't work speed/tempo sessions in at this point as I try to increase mileage.  With that in mind, I made sure I kept the first half of my 11 miler at 10:00+/mi and didn't dare run a mile faster than 9:00/mi.  Even with that, I still ended up with edema in the left leg last night.  Spring/Summer race schedule looks doubtful at this point, but I'll continue to train easy and see how things progress.

Onemile- great run! I converted your time to 10 miles as it is a common race distance, and got 1:17:15. Great race.

Cmb, so sorry to hear about your fall and broken ankle- after all that work, shame!

Short run on Sunday as I had no time, about 7 miles easy pace. Only about 18 for the week...

Good runs to all!

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

onemile

bagopux - yay on the no achilles pain! Glad to hear it.

Amik- hope your son is feeling better and you can get the workout in.

cbus - yes it did workout pretty well, timing-wise. I sure wouldn't want to be doing the 1600s tomorrow

josh - hope the rest day does wonders for your legs Smile

nachos - thanks!  Boo on the shin splints! I've gotten them from doing too much too soon before too.  Sucks.

Simon - thanks! and thank you for the conversion Smile

So, the consensus is I'm not being stupid if I keep my training GMP at 8:30-8:35?

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys!  I read everything but pleadings are coming out of my ears so I have to go back to finish my complaint before I can head back here to chat!  6 recovery miles and weights tonight.  I feel like crap but I think it's the asthma and the exhaustion of the past few days.

Cbus, I cannot wait to run in normal weather!!!!!!!

Having said that, the forecast for Sunday is 53-62F.  In Miami.  I hope I don't get sick so I can actually run a marathon in cool weather.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

White Lightning

So, the consensus is I'm not being stupid if I keep my training GMP at 8:30-8:35?

10 miles @ 1:17:15 and mcmilian puts you at 3:36:51 (8:17).  I don't see any reason why you don't go for 3:45 ish (8:35's).  That's Mcmilian + 8 and you have better than normal mileage and 10 weeks left.  I think you are dead on track and would trust the plan.

Play the Game Hard!

So, the consensus is I'm silly not to train for GMP at 8:30-8:35?

Fixed.....^^^

Josh - rest those pegs

jedi - nice job on the 58 mile week.

Simon - 18 is still a week worth recording

Nacho - my wife showed my an excercise that really helped me with shin splints. stand up straight and reach one leg far back taouching the hell to the ground behind you and then touch the toe of the same foot way out in front of you then alternate legs to the other side. One "back and forth" per leg is is one rep. Do 20 reps (10 for each leg) 3 times a day. One in the morning, one at lunch and one in the late evening. Took about 4/5 days but always seemed to help. That and massaging the muscles in the front of the shins on both sides before a run to help proote early circulation. Hope it helps.

bago -  Any update on the soreness?

DRocket - we live in tropical conditions, whats normal! Cool

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Docket_Rocket

Anything NOT 80F?

Fixed.....^^^

Josh - rest those pegs

jedi - nice job on the 58 mile week.

Simon - 18 is still a week worth recording

Nacho - my wife showed my an excercise that really helped me with shin splints. stand up straight and reach one leg far back taouching the hell to the ground behind you and then touch the toe of the same foot way out in front of you then alternate legs to the other side. One "back and forth" per leg is is one rep. Do 20 reps (10 for each leg) 3 times a day. One in the morning, one at lunch and one in the late evening. Took about 4/5 days but always seemed to help. That and massaging the muscles in the front of the shins on both sides before a run to help proote early circulation. Hope it helps.

bago -  Any update on the soreness?

DRocket - we live in tropical conditions, whats normal! Cool

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Got in 7.37 easy. My legs were dead today, so I had to take it really easy. Avg. 9:35.

Onemile, like Roll said, you'd be silly not to...

Rusk Runner

Onemile - I think the consensus is you are not being stupid no matter what you choose to do,.  But, yeah, the paces you are training at seem good and If it feels good, why change Wink.  I think you are going to impress yourself at Carmel.  Keep thinking and training like the warrior you are!

Docket - I am hoping you get those "cool" temps.  And here I am hoping for temps in the 40's in April.

Bago - Good to hear!

cbus - I think I will like it too, but I want some runs over 16 miles.  Kind of wondering if I should contact Luke and ask for a custom program.  Of course all of that depends on how well things go in April.

SRD for me today.  7 easy on schedule for tomorrow in the AM.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Canuck

onemile - 8:30 pace all the way.

I ran today - 6 easy miles.  Leg felt fine, no pain at all when running, which is weird, because I still get some pain walking around, in particular going up and down stairs.  Oh well, I'll take it.  We'll see how I recover and go from there.  I had no trouble running my usual easy pace today.  All easy miles for the next week at least though, no speed work at all.

NIce runs everybody.

PRs: 47:54 (10K); 1:46:36 (HM); 3:50:52 (FM)

Recovering from injured knee (PCL/Lateral Meniscus)