Sub-4 Marathon Group

February 2013 (Read 64 times)

mdawg87

akalei:  WW sounds like it's a workable real world program vs. the other prepackaged meal options.  I never understood how that taught someone how to maintain after they stopped getting their meals prepared for them.

sprinkles:  Yeah, it'd be nice to tell your body things like "I'm not going to have a baby right now so I don't need this extra body fat to support a fetus." and have it listen.  If only we could communicate with it!  +1 to the other comments that you look great.

docket:  DH is in Miami right now.  I got the weather report this morning.  Great for escaping winter, but not so great for running.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

nachosgrande

Onemile and Cbus - Nice intervals.

Docket - Good running, regardless of speed.  Sounds like the asthma's clearing up a bit?

Ran 4 with strides yesterday and 6.25 @8:21 this morning.  Ran 3.75 tempo miles @ 7:51; 7:33; 7:31 and 7:32 (pace).  HR was in the right range but the legs really didn't want to comply; I'm not anywhere close to being in half-marathon shape and I'm only 3&1/2 weeks out from the SD Half.  I really don't want to get seriously injured, so I'm thinking about turning it into a standard long run at this point.

Docket_Rocket

Some of my weather?  It's all or nothing! Joking

Morning guys.

CMB - I hope you don't need surgery and heal up quickly!

Zoe - sorry you're still having pain. Hope you get it sorted out.

Sprinkles - I hear ya on the weight loss stuff. I gained a few lbs this winter and need to get it back under control.

Cbus - I'm not too worried about the Graston since nothing is really bad. Just some tightness here and there I want to take care of and I figured since I'm half way through the program this is a good time to do it.  Good luck on yours!

Simon - that makes sense but I had to point out that you are exactly the opposite of the Hansons philosophy - they are not fans of taking the day before or after the LR off Smile

Josh - hope the hip feels better!

Jedi - easy flowing miles = excellent Smile

Amik - that's cute that you and your hubby are on the same schedule Smile  Enjoy the rest and strength.

Damaris - nice job on the 7.  Wouldn't mind some of your hot weather.

SRD for me and graston tonight.  Nothing major just want to ward off some tightness in my calves and left ITB.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

mdawg, that's my point.  Miami is good for vacationing or living if you're on the coach most of the time.  Not for running.

Yes and no.  I'm coughing up a storm and I hear some congestion, but I am not sure if it's the stomach reflux or asthma.

Onemile and Cbus - Nice intervals.

Docket - Good running, regardless of speed.  Sounds like the asthma's clearing up a bit?

Ran 4 with strides yesterday and 6.25 @8:21 this morning.  Ran 3.75 tempo miles @ 7:51; 7:33; 7:31 and 7:32 (pace).  HR was in the right range but the legs really didn't want to comply; I'm not anywhere close to being in half-marathon shape and I'm only 3&1/2 weeks out from the SD Half.  I really don't want to get seriously injured, so I'm thinking about turning it into a standard long run at this point.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

chubacca

Hey y'all -- got way behind on reading this thread so minimal personals and all on "old news":

CMB - Sorry to hear about your injury! I hope you have a swift recovery, with minimal grousing. Smile

Onemile - Awesome race! Loved your recap, and looking forward to how you attack the second part of marathon training!

CBus - Funny you should say that about the 1080v2's... I'm currently casting about for a neutral shoe that'll fit my wide, high-volume feet since I've been getting a rather painful corn in one foot in my Kinvara 3s, which I have in a Wide. Got the 1080v2's in a wide because they were cheap, and so far they seem roomy enough... haven't taken them out for a real run though. Maybe I should have tried toe socks before going on this mad shopping excursion.

The combination of blizzard Nemo and my body rebelling against my poor sleep/nutrition habits of the last two weeks have led me to take a few days completely off this last weekend. The Hansons book suggests 2-3 days of easy running before I jump back into the schedule, so I'm prepping for a few easy miles tonight -- hopefully the nice weather so far means the roads will be better for running tonight!

White Lightning

Hope everyone is having a great night.  Got my 5.2 recovery miles in at 10:47.  I was completely toast this afternoon so took it very easy plus was very icy again and windy.  Should be good to go tomorrow though

Play the Game Hard!

onemile

nachos - nice job on the strides and the tempo.  sometimes I feel not in shape and then surprise myself so keep an open mind.

damaris - fine, keep your stinkin warmth then! :P

chubacca - thanks! hope your weather improves!

josh - nice job getting the recovery miles in!

Had my graston appt tonight.  My left hip / itb has been sore lately so he did some work on that... greater trochanter / and hamstring meets ass areas Smile .  And then a little on my calves.  Ouch.  But my hip actually feels better now!  So I'm glad I went.

Trail Monster

10 miles, 9:52 avg pace. 2 mile warm up, 4 x 1 mile at 5k pace with half mile recovery, cool down. I'm beat!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning Donuts! 10+ miles for me with just under 7m on mill w/ 3x2m @ T (6:55) w/2min recoveries. Last mile was really tough, but dug down deep. 7:09 avg pace for run. #doworkgetfaster. Another 2m with my son tonite which will be recovery miles at paces we run at. Another qulaity day tomorrow with a on/off run as kid activities will be plentiful on Sat and won't have time for it then. Might consider skipping too, but we shall see.

Banshee - nice mile repeats. You running half or full at Shamrock?

josh - nice recovery run. How's ankle?

chub - you doing beginner or advanced hanson? When's your race?

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Trail Monster

Morning Donuts! 10+ miles for me with just under 7m on mill w/ 3x2m @ T (6:55) w/2min recoveries. Last mile was really tough, but dug down deep. 7:09 avg pace for run. #doworkgetfaster. Another 2m with my son tonite which will be recovery miles at paces we run at. Another qulaity day tomorrow with a on/off run as kid activities will be plentiful on Sat and won't have time for it then. Might consider skipping too, but we shall see.

Banshee - nice mile repeats. You running half or full at Shamrock?

josh - nice recovery run. How's ankle?

chub - you doing beginner or advanced hanson? When's your race?

Full!

Eek! My speed work doesn't even come close to what you just did! That's 3 x 2 MILES at 6:55?! With only 2 minutes of recovery?! Sick!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Banshee - Nice! Shamrock on my short list for next spring along with Glass City, NJM, and ODM. Speed is relative my friend. Putting in the work is all that matters.

Full!

Eek! My speed work doesn't even come close to what you just did! That's 3 x 2 MILES at 6:55?! With only 2 minutes of recovery?! Sick!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

onemile

Morning guys!

Banshee - 4x1 mile at 5k pace. That is some workout.  Yikes.

Jedi - nice LT intervals!

My left hip, which has been bothering me for like the last month, is finally not hurting this morning.  Glad I got the Graston done last night...I'd been meaning to go but kept putting it off but was feeling pretty beat up after my race and last speedwork so I made the appt and this morning  I didn't even hobble when I got out of bed Smile

14 miles planned for me tonight with 8 at GMP.  With all the sweet treats at work today I'm glad I have a longer run to balance things out.

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Got 6 mi Tempo workout on tap today! Planning on 8:05-8:07 per mi. As much as I hate Speed work, I love my Tempos. It's supposed to be in the 40s this afternoon--so great to finally get to run in tshirt and shorts!

Chuy, that's just my opinion on the 1080 v. 2. You might find you really love them. Hope they work out for you! Post your impressions when you get a few runs in.

Banshee, killer workout! No way would I want to touch that workout.

Onemile, glad to hear the Graston helped. I loved my Graston appointment too. Bring on the pain!

Sprinkles, every time I think about the success I've had with Graston, I think of you. Thanks, again for suggesting it!

Josh, way to do work!

Jedi, you too. Do work!

Mdawg, are your Riders here yet?

Happy running all!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I had to travel to Broward and back this morning, so it's been pretty busy already!!!!  I have an 8 miler with 2 @ MP later tonight but the thunderstorms that are coming for the next two days might make that difficult.

Cbus, nice tempo run!

onemile, Enjoy the 14 miler with GMP miles.  Hope the hip continues to cooperate.

jedi, nice workout!

Banshee, nice 10 miler last night.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

bagopux

There are just some days that you don't get enough sleep and the alarm wakes you up right when you were about to go into REM, and its still dark out and its cold (35F) and your legs are beat and you just don't wanna do it.  But you do.  Yeah, it was one of those mornings.  I did tempo intervals Monday and Wednesday and just didn't want to get up today.  But I did.  If I had run "easy," which is what I should have done, it would have taken me all day and I might have fallen asleep by mile 2 so I kicked it up a bit, especially on the hills.  It wasn't the smartest thing I've done.  I'm usually pretty disciplined about paces, but I did it, and I didn't hurt myself.  So there ya have it.  SRD tomorrow.  Smile