Sub-4 Marathon Group

February 2013 (Read 64 times)

cmb4314

sprinkles:  Yeah, it'd be nice to tell your body things like "I'm not going to have a baby right now so I don't need this extra body fat to support a fetus." and have it listen.  If only we could communicate with it!  +1 to the other comments that you look great.

LOL.  Seriously.

Docket - now that I am not trying to run, I would take your weather in a heartbeat :P  No messing with a coat, no crutches on ice...it would be heavenly Smile

Banshee - nice speedwork!  I've never done any intervals as long as a mile, I've always stopped at ~1000s.  I know your 5k pace is pretty similar to mine, so those are some long, hard intervals.

Jedi - holy fast intervals!  I think that 6:55 is not far off of my 1 mile race pace, so I'm mighty impressed.

Josh - be careful on that ice, don't want you to end up like me.

Onemile - glad the Graston is helping you feel better!

Cbus - that sounds like awesome weather for a tempo run.  Enjoy!

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Docket_Rocket

I know there are some exceptions, but in general.  It's 84F outside and there is no shade.  It really gets old after a while.

But I'm very sorry about your broken ankle.  Wish you could run anywhere, even here in this hell.

LOL.  Seriously.

Docket - now that I am not trying to run, I would take your weather in a heartbeat :P  No messing with a coat, no crutches on ice...it would be heavenly Smile

Banshee - nice speedwork!  I've never done any intervals as long as a mile, I've always stopped at ~1000s.  I know your 5k pace is pretty similar to mine, so those are some long, hard intervals.

Jedi - holy fast intervals!  I think that 6:55 is not far off of my 1 mile race pace, so I'm mighty impressed.

Josh - be careful on that ice, don't want you to end up like me.

Onemile - glad the Graston is helping you feel better!

Cbus - that sounds like awesome weather for a tempo run.  Enjoy!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Rusk Runner

Sooooo much good running going on in here! Fantastic work to all!

cmb - such a great attitude! I wish I had your level of patience and acceptance. I would still be bitching!

Life started getting in the way last night and I had to skip the scheduled 11/7 tempo run. So I got up and out at 0300 today and did 8/6 tempo (7:30 to 7:40 tempo pace) and will get out later this afternoon and run 4 or 5 recovery. Will have to stack mileage today and then go for 12 tomorrow, 5 or 6 Sat., and 21 or 22 on Sun. Anybody care to join in?

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Docket_Rocket

I didn't know one needed to be injured to be a bitch, I am one every day! Joking

Sooooo much good running going on in here! Fantastic work to all!

cmb - such a great attitude! I wish I had your level of patience and acceptance. I would still be bitching!

Life started getting in the way last night and I had to skip the scheduled 11/7 tempo run. So I got up and out at 0300 today and did 8/6 tempo (7:30 to 7:40 tempo pace) and will get out later this afternoon and run 4 or 5 recovery. Will have to stack mileage today and then go for 12 tomorrow, 5 or 6 Sat., and 21 or 22 on Sun. Anybody care to join in?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

cmb - Thanks! it's got me really encouraged for my race in a few weeks even with the hilly course. Love your attitude regarding your ankle. I'd still be pissy about it right now.

indi - way to work around your schedule. Think i need to take a chapter from your book tomorrow.Smile

Docket - i was thinking same thing regarding your bitchiness.Smile lol I'd love low 40s right now and no snow or ice in am.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

onemile

cmb - I agree with everyone else. I'm impressed with your positive attitude and patience. I would not be fun to be around if it were me!

Indi - nice tempo run!  Won't be joining you for your stacks of mileage - Hansons has me only doing 15 on Sunday!  And I'm ok with that.

jedi - you should be psyched for your upcoming race. You're gonna rock it!

Docket_Rocket

I am not the weather god or I would have 40F here all year long.  It's 88F here although getting clouder and stormy.  WTF?  It's February!

cmb - Thanks! it's got me really encouraged for my race in a few weeks even with the hilly course. Love your attitude regarding your ankle. I'd still be pissy about it right now.

indi - way to work around your schedule. Think i need to take a chapter from your book tomorrow.Smile

Docket - i was thinking same thing regarding your bitchiness.Smile lol I'd love low 40s right now and no snow or ice in am.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

akalei

Hi Donuts!  Happy Valentine's Day and stuff.  Getting out for 6 on this beautiful day with my valentines (hubby and pup) after work... fingers crossed I get out early!

Mdawg: I think you're definitely right!  Today's my third day back on the plan, and it's far more workable with real food than I imagined.  I cook from Real Simple and Cooking Light cookbooks a lot, tweaking to eliminate canned/bagged/whatever foods  in lieu of real, fresh stuff, but those recipes give the nutrition info, so I can work with it.  Also, even with only two full days under my belt, I realize that I was eating a LOT more than I thought.

sprinkles and cbus (and the other grastonites): I'm making an appointment with a new chiro who's graston-certified.  It sounds like it could help the knots I continually get in my hamstrings as well as the plantar fasciitis that has popped up.  I feel like I'm joining a masochists club.

Nice miles this morning, everyone who got them in Smile

My PR's! 5K: 21:54 | 10M: 1:16:55 | HM: 1:43:40 | Full: 3:51:56

2013: BQ or bust!

http://justalongfortherun.blogspot.com

Ball of Fury

Happy Valentines Day Donuts!  Took the day off work so DH and I went to a local running trail while DD was at preschool.  2 mile warm-up, 5 mile tempo (average 7:58) and 1 mile cool-down.  Although I got it done, it was a VERY ugly run!!  Just felt like I was working way too hard and then I had to stop a couple times to stretch the right ITB, which is super painful right now (all of a sudden too).  I am unsure if it was just a bad run or if I have chosen a goal that is too fast...I really don't think it is too fast, but will see in the next couple weeks.  Going to the chiro in a few minutes so hopefully that will help.  I hope you all have a great day and I will catch up with personals tomorrow!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

chubacca

Sprinkles - my period tends to impede my workouts, so I also +1 your comment! Wish you could just tell your ovaries to save the eggs for later.

Jedi - doing Beginner's program for the RnR USA marathon on March 16. One of the runs I skipped was the 2nd 16 miler -- eep!! -- but I've been warned against making up workouts so often that trying to repeat it this weekend seems foolish. I'm back to my normal mileage now in any case.

Onemile - great to hear your hip is feeling better!

Cmb - Love your spirit. Helps me remain grateful too Smile

Docket - a friend was chatting about moving to Atlanta GA, where she said the weather was "better," and I started gaping at her. To be fair, a New England winter isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I can't imagine living in that kind of heat and humidity! It usually isn't 80+F in February, right??

This morning I had a roll-out-of-bed-and-out-the-door run. The first mile was slow (11:03 or thereabouts) with every subsequent mile getting faster -- I don't have my Garmin on me, and I didn't get a chance to upload the run before I left for work, but the average pace ended up being about 10:05 over 8 miles! That's heartening.

I also wore those 1080v2's on this run, and I can definitely see what Cbus means by "stiff." The fit is good for my breadloaf feet though -- this is perhaps my first run in a while where my piggies didn't feel pinched, yay! -- so I'm going to hang on to them and see if it softens up or gets more flexible after a few more runs.

Rusk Runner

Squeezed in 4.25 recovery miles on a base gym treadmill, 9:48 pace.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Docket - a friend was chatting about moving to Atlanta GA, where she said the weather was "better," and I started gaping at her. To be fair, a New England winter isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I can't imagine living in that kind of heat and humidity! It usually isn't 80+F in February, right??

Here are the average Atlanta temperatures by month:  (Its not so bad.)

January in Atlanta

Average High: 52
                          Average Low: 33

February in Atlanta

Average High:57
                          Average Low: 37

March in Atlanta

Average High: 65
                          Average Low: 44

April in Atlanta

Average High: 73
                          Average Low: 50

May in Atlanta

Average High: 80
                          Average Low: 59

June in Atlanta

Average High: 87
                          Average Low: 67

July in Atlanta

Average High: 89
                          Average Low: 71

August in Atlanta

Average High: 88
                          Average Low: 70

September in Atlanta

Average High: 82
                          Average Low: 64

October in Atlanta

Average High: 73
                          Average Low: 53

November in Atlanta

Average High: 63
                          Average Low: 44

December in Atlanta

Average High: 55
                          Average Low: 36

Trail Monster

Cmb, heal quickly! I must have missed exactly what happened. I hope it won't keep you down for long!

nice running all!

ive got a 60 minute recovery run today and then DH invited his parents for dinner. On V Day! WTF?! I seriously give up relationships. I will never understand men and why they think I want to cook for their parents on a fake holiday I don't even want to celebrate!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

onemile

akalei - welcome to the graston club! Once you try it you'll wonder why you waited so long.   I'm always surprised at how much it helps, even though I've had it done so many times now.

amik - hope the ITB tightness goes away. And your chiro helps - does he do Graston?

indi - nice recovery run.

Banshee - Yeah I'd be pissed.  Not exactly how you want to spend v-day.

chubacca - I just realize that you will be a great test of the Hansons technique before I run my marathon Smile  You're not planning to run over 16, right?

And I saw this and thought it was an appropriate v-day card for the group:

cmb4314

Cmb, heal quickly! I must have missed exactly what happened. I hope it won't keep you down for long!

nice running all!

ive got a 60 minute recovery run today and then DH invited his parents for dinner. On V Day! WTF?! I seriously give up relationships. I will never understand men and why they think I want to cook for their parents on a fake holiday I don't even want to celebrate!

Broken ankle.  Out for some indeterminate amount of time, though I should have a better estimate one my doctor sees my MRI tomorrow.

LOL at your husband.  Ironically, my mom is here today too since she came to help drive me to work and stuff (of course, it had to be my right ankle).  At least we didn't really have any romantic plans since we were planning on having nice dinners in New Orleans, so we were not going to spend any money for Valentine's Day.  Hanging out with parents is definitely not the most romantic thing  Joking

I'm glad I'm coming across as positive, hehe.  I had a good cry and tantrum on Saturday and was more bummed out about it closer to when it happened, but I think going to work the last few days and stuff I've had to be more focused on figuring out how to deal with the injury and I haven't had a lot of time to sit and wallow in it.  Which is good, I think.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011)