Sub-4 Marathon Group

February 2013 (Read 64 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oops. Let me repost the RR here!  Look to the main forum here.

Done!

Damaris

akalei

Good morning, all! Single-digit wind chills here this morning.  Glad I got that long run in yesterday.  SRD with yoga this evening.  I got an email receipt from Broad Street this morning so I'm in!  Yay! Although I won't be completely satisfied until I can check the confirmation page and see my name.

Docket: Awesome PR!! I briefly glanced at your RR before bed last night, need to read it better after I'm done here.  Amazing how hard you can push when you have your mind on other things, isn't it?

Indi: Right?! I've been a Brooks loyalist since I started running, except branching out to try Newtons only to come back to Brooks, so I feel like I should give something new a try.  I've been contemplating the Kinvara since the 3 came out, actually.  And shortly after saying that, I ordered a pair of original PureFlows last night since they're hard to come by, Dick's website had them in my size, and while my PF2's are decent and it may all be in my head, I feel like the toe box is way more snug on the PF2's than the original and I've been getting my blisters I haven't had in a while.   Time to go back to the original.  Vent over.  Sorry! Joking

Josh: Saw Scott Jurek's post too and realized it made my snow squall run seem insignificant! Kudos to you and Banshee for getting out and braving the weather!  DH and I joked about how it's a good thing he learned those survivor skills in his 3 whole years of cub scouts as a kid when we hit the snow... ha!

Sprinkles: Nice TM workout... I might have to snag that for when I'm stuck on the dreadmill, too.

My PR's! 5K: 21:54 | 10M: 1:16:55 | HM: 1:43:40 | Full: 3:51:56

2013: BQ or bust!

http://justalongfortherun.blogspot.com

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Kinda depends on what kind of quality I am doing. legs more trashed doing intervals than tempos. Some weeks I can keep my easy pace and others lot slower. I have gotten into the habit this cycle to take a recovery day early in week and seems to help with easy days later in week.

Hey all,

Got in 5.25 @ 9:54. Am I the only one who feels worse on easy days than quality days? I mean, workouts are harder,but I feel like I'm just trudging through the easy miles. Maybe it's my shoes? I tend to wear bigger, heavier, more protective shoes on easy days, and those don't necessarily feel e best.

Sprink, I know you're a warrior, but I think it's beneficial to take a day off and rest when sick, or else it tends to linger or even worsen.

Indi, great run!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

josh - started building my base up my 2nd year of running. Only have been running 3+ yrs. After my second marathon Spring'11 did 12wks of base building topping out at 72mpw. I only really run that high in peak weeks of marathon training. Right now with no marathon this spring keeping mileage in 55-60 range. A good rule of thumb for base building is no more than 10% of your base. Build for 3 weeks take a cutback week, rinse and repeat. Overall mileage is just goodness. More important if you can keep it consistent month in and month out vs. worrying about how many 20 milers you can get in a cycle.

Jedi - that's quite the plan, looks great.  Hopefully one day I will be able to put that kind of mileage in.  Curious, how many years has it taken you to build your base to be able to start that plan?

Morning Donuts! Easy recovery 4 miler for me this morning along with some strength/core. Another 2m with my son tonite. i had a very solid 14+ miler yesterday on HM course. Longest run this cycle. Feeling really good right now.

Damaris - get job bad-ass on your PR. i think that's worthy of a dozen donuts!Smile

Great running everyone! Still getting caught up here from the weekend.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

DTF - kinda easy to do on quality days right now as i do 95% on mill. I run to gym for a warm-up and ran back home for cooldown. Those runs i do with garmin and just record on my phone what I did overall time on TM and pace. if i do intervals on track I I'll just copy paste entire run from Garmin and cut out parts that arre not needed.

jedi - pretty cool how you have the warm up / cool down graphed.   I'm assuming you need to start and stop your GPS at those phases to mark it properly. One similar question I have is with intervals. Let's say you're on a track doing 1 loop fast and 1 loop recovery and you repeat 8 times. I think the graphs on this site would average out the entire workout?   I guess you'd have to look at the detailed workout to see true performance for the speed portion if you mark your gps at each interval.

Up Next:

???

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

akalei - yes that would be me.Smile Are you doing it? I'm in lead for February too. Approve

Jedi: was that you who won the January mileage challenge from the Runner's Sole on FB? I saw that this morning!

Up Next:

???

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Nice mileage!

15 miles done.  61.5 for the week and I am officially half way done with Hansons.  9 weeks down. 9 to go.

Up Next:

???

Rusk Runner

Mdawg - Sorry I forgot to lay out a big congrats to you DH.  Awesome!  Glad to hear also that you continue to heal.

Docket - Good Job and Congrats on the PR!  Although the wind was a bear, the temps were ideal.  When I show up at a race I am usually wearing old winter pajamas (leftovers from my over 200 lb days).  I shed them right before the gun.  I wear $1.50 gloves and earband and ditch them when I get hot.

Akalei - I like the flow2s much more than the originals.

Onemile - Keep up the good work.

Jedi - Proffesional as usual.

Cbus - Funny that you are now complaining about the paces you used to implore people to run Roll eyes.  Mind your form bro, the slow ones should feel good too.  I assure you that if you keep good form in the slow ones, they will feel better.

Today is supposed to be an SRD.  I am thinking of getting out and doing Tuesday mornings intervals as the weather is going to get super crappy tonight.  I am not feeling bad from yesterdays 21 miles so after I get some chores done, I may have to hit the street.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

akalei

I didn't even know about it until I saw that post the other day!  Might have to jump in for March Smile  Although the woman who won it... wasn't she around 180?  I might not stand a chance until August or so!

akalei - yes that would be me.Smile Are you doing it? I'm in lead for February too. Approve

indi: Another friend of mine feels the same way about the PF2!  I love the return it gives, but I've just been blistering like I haven't in a long time.  I may go back to the Ghost for most training, too.  I figure wearing heavier shoes for training then the PFs for racing has to be like practicing with a weighted bat. Joking

My PR's! 5K: 21:54 | 10M: 1:16:55 | HM: 1:43:40 | Full: 3:51:56

2013: BQ or bust!

http://justalongfortherun.blogspot.com

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

188 I think. She does a lot of doubles with her son though and lot of trail runs.

I didn't even know about it until I saw that post the other day!  Might have to jump in for March Smile  Although the woman who won it... wasn't she around 180?  I might not stand a chance until August or so!

indi: Another friend of mine feels the same way about the PF2!  I love the return it gives, but I've just been blistering like I haven't in a long time.  I may go back to the Ghost for most training, too.  I figure wearing heavier shoes for training then the PFs for racing has to be like practicing with a weighted bat. Joking

indi - I'm professional?Smile Intervals day after 21 miles? Wow! Weather sucks right now. Spring be here soon though.

Up Next:

???

Ball of Fury

Morning donuts!  Just time for a quick update but will get to personals after my PT appointment this afternoon!  Got in 6 freezing cold miles at 4:45 this morning, followed by Ab Ripper X.  Felt pretty good with just some minor discomfort in the right hip and knee.  Average around 9:41/mile I think.  I am getting a little nervous about my appointment this afternoon, but would do just about anything at this point to get my miles in!

Funny story:  One of my coworkers was sitting by me when I logged in and she saw the Sub-4 Marathon group title.  She said, "Sub 4?  Does that mean you run under 4:00 min/mile for the marathon?  Um....sure it does!!"

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

mdawg87

Good morning!  Abs, cycling, and stretching at the gym this morning.  DH thanks all of you for the props on his HM time.  And, he threw the gauntlet down this morning.  He said I beat his PR last year with my 1:45 and now he's returned the favor with a 1:42 so it's my turn again.  Er...okay??

Totally forgot that I'll be skiing in Park City, UT this time next week.  I've been so busy that I haven't even thought about it.  We leave on Friday.  Guess I better get it in gear.  I have so much work to do before I leave.  I do NOT want to take my laptop if I can help it.

AmiK:  Say yes!  She'll never know the difference!  Just kidding...

Docket:  Hurray for a PR!  I'll read your RR tonight.

Indi/akalei:  I get it.  I've run in nothing but Sauconys since I started running, but I fear the lower heel drop they moved to in many of their shoes is not good for me.  Plus, the Wave Riders fit me best of all the neutral shoes I tried on.  I still feel kinda guilty leaving Saucony though!

Who else besides me is working today?

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Ball of Fury

You can totally beat him MDawg!  I am at work too...bummer!  But, luckily for you, you have a vacation next week.  I don't have another week until May!

Good morning!  Abs, cycling, and stretching at the gym this morning.  DH thanks all of you for the props on his HM time.  And, he threw the gauntlet down this morning.  He said I beat his PR last year with my 1:45 and now he's returned the favor with a 1:42 so it's my turn again.  Er...okay??

Totally forgot that I'll be skiing in Park City, UT this time next week.  I've been so busy that I haven't even thought about it.  We leave on Friday.  Guess I better get it in gear.  I have so much work to do before I leave.  I do NOT want to take my laptop if I can help it.

AmiK:  Say yes!  She'll never know the difference!  Just kidding...

Docket:  Hurray for a PR!  I'll read your RR tonight.

Indi/akalei:  I get it.  I've run in nothing but Sauconys since I started running, but I fear the lower heel drop they moved to in many of their shoes is not good for me.  Plus, the Wave Riders fit me best of all the neutral shoes I tried on.  I still feel kinda guilty leaving Saucony though!

Who else besides me is working today?

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Smashy!!!

Cbus - Funny that you are now complaining about the paces you used to implore people to run Roll eyes.  Mind your form bro, the slow ones should feel good too.  I assure you that if you keep good form in the slow ones, they will feel better.

What do you mean, complaining? My form is tight. Sometimes it's just good ole fashion fatigue.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Smashy!!!

Got in 5 mi. I ran more like Recovery miles, so the pace was 10:08ish. Hopefully, that give's me enough legs for tomorrow's Strength workout.

Mdawg, I'm at work too!

Ami, good luck at the chiro today.

Good running everyone!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)