Sub-4 Marathon Group

February 2013 (Read 64 times)

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

You guys should see the Hanson 5k plan.Smile lol

But I do get to do my LRs slower and my tempo runs slower and my strength runs slower Smile

I think both are pretty tough plans and it will be fun to see how everyone does.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

josh - Perpetual Forward Motion!

jedi - Thanks, hopefully i'm 1-2 years behind you if I can keep moving forward 

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Docket_Rocket

I would finish off Daniels and see how it goes.

That's how they want you to run the LR with the whole cumulative fatigue philosophy. jealous of all you guys doing Hanson plan right now. Thinking of switching to hanson HM for my May marathon, but not sure. Think better to finish off this Daniels plan.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

It's been a good weekend in the mdawg house...

DH ran 1:42:26 in his HM yesterday.  Super proud of him!  This race is the hilliest either one of us has ever done.  It's on a parkway with loooonnnggg hills that sap your energy.  He went out conservatively and had some left in the tank at the end.  If he'd known how fit he was, he would've had a sub 1:40.  However, he did the right thing coming back from plantar facitis and not having run a hilly race like that  in over a year.

Ah, so he Ran the Reagan!  Yeah, I've done both the 10k and 1/2 there, and the hills will definitely get to you.  They also used to have a full there.  I believe it was the half loop twice, but they discontinued it.  (Just as well.)

akalei

That as well Smile Skyped with my friend in Jacksonville this morning who said it went from around 80 last week to 30's this week in her area.  What a change.

I call it isn't it amazing what your body can do when your marathon is not at 1000F? Look, your body is not sweatig and cooling itself properly!

My PR's! 5K: 21:54 | 10M: 1:16:55 | HM: 1:43:40 | Full: 3:51:56

2013: BQ or bust!

http://justalongfortherun.blogspot.com

JUST A REMINDER:  Chicago registration is tomorrow, 02/19/12 starting at 12:00 CST.

Smashy!!!

I can imagine--does it goes something like this: 1) Shocked 2) Sad 3) Cry 4) Dead

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

onemile

You should post it to your log.

Docket_Rocket

Hehe.

I can imagine--does it goes something like this: 1) Shocked 2) Sad 3) Cry 4) Dead

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I forgot how you post the plans to the log.  You do it manually and each one separately, right?  Then, you just fill up the time and equipment when you do it?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

onemile

Click on training plans and click on Create Plan.  Set it all up and it will automatically put it on your calendar. When you upload your run, it will set the default type to what you had scheduled.

I forgot how you post the plans to the log.  You do it manually and each one separately, right?  Then, you just fill up the time and equipment when you do it?

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

I will. Just have not gotten around to it. Funny cbus!Smile 5k's are not evil. All part of the process imo.

You should post it to your log.

Up Next:

???

Rusk Runner

Luckily the intervals I had scheduled were short.  Coming off of a 21.3 mile run made it tough and the wind was really kicking today.  Anyway, got it done.  2 miles w/u @ 9:25 pace, 5 x 600 @ 6:34, 45, 33, 36, 45, with 1:47 rest periods, and 3.5 c/d @ 9:43 pace.    On the bright side, it was 58 degrees and I was running in shorts and short sleeves!  Tomorrow will be a rest day and then its on schedule again till something else comes up.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

cmb4314

Surgery complete.  The doc wasn't sure how much she'd have to do once she got in there, and thankfully she didn't have to do too much - no screws, which means she doesn't have to go back in and remove anything.

They gave me a nerve block to numb my lower leg, so I still have no feeling in it, and probably won't until midday tomorrow.  Very disconcerting to not be able to feel or move my toes at all, but at least it doesn't hurt.   Since they did that, I only had to be under very light general anesthesia, so my head was back to normal really quickly.

Enjoy your runs for me, I'd love to be out there today Smile

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Rusk Runner

cmb - absolutely, and you get well soon.  I am cheering for your quick return and come-back marathon.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!