Sub-4 Marathon Group

February 2013 (Read 64 times)

Ball of Fury

Sprinkles, Banshee, Rollcast, and Onemile:  Great job on the tough runs!

I decided to go ahead with the SRD today.  After all, what is the point of taking an URD to rest an injury and then trying to make it up later?  Hope you all have a great day!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning Donuts! I was not feeling up to posting yesterday with fighting a head cold the last 2 days here. URD yesterday and probably today too, but might sneak in a short run later. Need to get my week back on track here with race less than 2.5wks away. Hoping for some kind of quality tomorrow either 5x5min@I which I missed yesterday or 12x400s. I have not decided yet or just might keep it easy tomorrow.

Sounds like lot of you had some tough runs yesterday. Spring me here soon.

cbus - lol on those emoticons!Smile Suck it up buttercup!Approve

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

mdawg87

Good morning!  Not a good day at the Chicago Marathon offices today, I'm sure.  Glad I didn't have to mess with that debacle yesterday.  Hope all that registered got in.  Anyway, abs, cycling, and stretching at the gym this morning.  Busy trying to get work stuff completed so I can head to Park City sans laptop.

jedi:  Feel better!

cbus:  I've only ever run one 5K and I hated it.  Probably because it was an after work thing and I'm a morning runner.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 4-5 recovery miles later tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

It took me more than an hour but I did it.

Good morning!  Not a good day at the Chicago Marathon offices today, I'm sure.  Glad I didn't have to mess with that debacle yesterday.  Hope all that registered got in.  Anyway, abs, cycling, and stretching at the gym this morning.  Busy trying to get work stuff completed so I can head to Park City sans laptop.

jedi:  Feel better!

cbus:  I've only ever run one 5K and I hated it.  Probably because it was an after work thing and I'm a morning runner.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

SRD today--yippee!!! We got some pretty messy weather last night, so I'm glad I'm not on the roads today. Hopefully, it'll clear up by tomorrow's Tempo.

Roll, great run. Are you still experiencing numbness?

Sprink, great tempo. But yeah, it's a good idea to read your plan carefully! Wink

Ami, good decision to rest, enjoy it. Hansons only give you one!

Onemile, way to nail that 3X1600! Welcome to Strength.

Mdawg, have fun skiing. Now that your calf is healing, are you eyeing any goal races?

Jedi, get well.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Roll, great run. Are you still experiencing numbness?

No sir. Thank goodness. Back in the saddle and feeling strong. My faster paces are feeling more and more effortless. I have been increasing mileage for two weeks and taking a step back week on the third. Parallel lacing seems to have been the key. You da' man!     Cool

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Smashy!!!

cbus - lol on those emoticons!Smile Suck it up buttercup!Approve

Hmm...b-u-t-t-e-r-c-u-p-s...*gargle, gargle, gargle*.

Smashy!!!

No sir. Thank goodness. Back in the saddle and feeling strong. My faster paces are feeling more and more effortless. I have been increasing mileage for two weeks and taking a step back week on the third. Parallel lacing seems to have been the key. You da' man!     Cool

Glad it helped.

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

jedi- feel better

Cbus- ha ha - yeah I'll try reading it- I'm good at being as rigid as it gets usually, so maybe this is psychologically good for me

Ami- SRD's are worth it

Mdawg- Park City is so pretty - I've only been there for like an hour, but its gorgeous

Docket- I hate recovery miles sometimes

5 of the most boring recovery miles ever this morning.  It was good because I woke up coughing and sneezing (nasal drip - ew!) and needed to get some of that out of my system.  This cold and the resultant medication has me bloated up like a stuffed piglet. Gross.  I miss the hot weather when you can sweat it out!  Stupid cold medicine.  Oh well, I'm trying to stay off the sauce today (the cold medication) and just sneeze all over my work instead.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

AmiK - post your miles for miles games.

Ball of Fury

Done thank you!  But a dumb question!  When it says for the week of 2/16, does that mean last week through the 16th?  Or does that mean this week starting with the 16th?

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

mdawg87

cbus:  It depends on how recovery goes and DH's cycling schedule.  He's probably going back to CO for another cycling race/tour in June/July.  We've been looking at marathon destination races (CA and AZ) for the fall.  Oja to Ocean sounds like a good one.  Can't remember when that is though.  Summer races are in play too.  We've looked at one in Missoula, MT as we'd love to spend some time out west in the summer.  I usually only go out to ski, although DH has done summer hiking trips.  Trying not to get ahead of myself and just get fully healed first.

sprinkles:  Ugh...I'd rather be down with a full blown fever than post nasal drip.  The drugs to control that make me feel worse than flu symptoms.  Hope you feel better.

docket:  Glad you got in.  It's an awesome race.  Although I'm guessing you've probably run it before.

roll:  Glad your numbness was a simple shoe issue.  That is "awesomeness".  Smile

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Done thank you!  But a dumb question!  When it says for the week of 2/16, does that mean last week through the 16th?  Or does that mean this week starting with the 16th?

i think its from the 10th through the 16th, but the way aplodder explained it is that it doesnt matter if you post on Monday or Sunday as long as you post on the same day each week. so if you post on Sunday, then you should post every week on Sunday, I think this helps with minimize average deviation from posting on Monday of one week and then again that Sunday.

That is "awesomeness".  Smile

ha, classic.