Sub-4 Marathon Group

February 2013 (Read 64 times)

Docket_Rocket

I am jealous of your 39F.  We have another short cold front coming (1 day) but to have 50F we need 20mph winds and that deletes any positive of running in 50F.  I am eyeing a race this weekend.  I've never run a 5K in 50F.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Rusk Runner

Woke up this morning at 0300 and noticed only a few raindrops on the deck.  So I got dressed out and shot out the door in a race to beat the weather.  Basically ended up running 8 miles @ MP +15 with the last mile at a 9:08 or so cool down.  It started pouring when I had about 1/2 mile left to get home so I never really got all that wet, just got the wind, dark, and 39 deg.

Kind of an amusing morning actually.  Still dont know how I am going to do 9 miles w/intervals tomorrow.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

onemile

Damaris - I say go for it! How often do you get to race in 50F! Take advantage!

Indi - awesome you got to run outside and don't you love it when your legs just want to go fast? Smile

8 easy for me for tonight. In 23mph wind. Ew.  Will be interesting to see how my legs feel after last night's strength workout.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning Donuts Easy 8 miler at a good clip this morning. Legs felt really wanting to move today. Last really hardcore qualityworkout tomorrow (10m w/3x2m @T w3min rec) before tapering for my HM. I'll do some light sharpening from there to race. 2m with my son tonite as we skipped our run last nite.

Great running all!

indi - good job beating mother nature. i have done that with t-storms.Smile

akalei - I see you joined the Running Sole mileage contest. Good luck trying to beat Willow!Smile I'm in a battle right now for february title and probably will come down to Thursday.

DR - thought you gave up 5k'sSmile

onemile - looks like it worked out switching your runs up.

All you guys doing Hanson good luck with your SOS runs today!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Quick drive by.  Yesterday turned into a cluster and thus a URD.

Ami: I have a half on 3/16 that I'm "training" for.  Also just generally trying to build a base of 50ish throughout the first half of the year.

Cbus.  Just purchased one.  It should get here tomorrow or Thursday.  I sprung for the 610, but didn't get the HRM because I really don't think I'd ever use it.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

It's raining right now, so today's Strength workout's gonna be fun! More importantly, I decided to cut a mile off wu/cd for my Strength and Tempo runs this week to turn this week into a true cutback week. So, today's workout will be 10 total mi.

Flinders, enjoy that 610!

Good running to all!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Everyone is so tired around here - glad I'm not the only one, although it does suck.  My legs are quite sore from Sunday still - I did spin last night and 5 mi this morning- they were rough- not at goal pace at all, certainly not HMP.  I'll do the other 5 after work, if "after work" happens.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Docket_Rocket

I did and I hate them, which is why I'm debating.

Morning Donuts Easy 8 miler at a good clip this morning. Legs felt really wanting to move today. Last really hardcore qualityworkout tomorrow (10m w/3x2m @T w3min rec) before tapering for my HM. I'll do some light sharpening from there to race. 2m with my son tonite as we skipped our run last nite.

Great running all!

indi - good job beating mother nature. i have done that with t-storms.Smile

akalei - I see you joined the Running Sole mileage contest. Good luck trying to beat Willow!Smile I'm in a battle right now for february title and probably will come down to Thursday.

DR - thought you gave up 5k'sSmile

onemile - looks like it worked out switching your runs up.

All you guys doing Hanson good luck with your SOS runs today!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ball of Fury

Morning donuts!  I wasn't raining when I got up this morning and I briefly considered just going to the track, but I already had gym stuff packed so I went there...and it started pouring on the drive over so I was glad I did!  2 mile warm-up, 5 x 1k @ 7:13/mile, and 2 mile cool-down so total of 8.1 miles!  This was tougher workout just because the intervals felt long but my legs were strong and I got it done!  Happy for rest day tomorrow because I am working 30-32 hours today/tomorrow so will be exhausted tomorrow.

Onemile:  Great job with your strength workout!  Good luck with your 8...I so hate the wind!  As far as running in the morning, I really don't mind anymore...it's just what I have to do to get it done.

CBus:  Good luck with your strength...hope it stops raining!  I would say the Graston is moderately uncomfortable, but doesn't actually hurt.  Maybe I will try to have them dig a bit deeper.

Sprinkles:  I was so tired last night too...went to bed at 7:15!  Hope your run goes well!  Modified to add:  you snuck in...great job with spin and the 5, even if it was tough!  Good luck getting in the other fine but don't sweat it if you need rest!

Docket:  I say run the 5K...and then show CBus how fun it was and how well you did!

Jag:  So glad you got your workout in before the bad weather!  Nice job.

Jedi:  Great run!  Enjoy the run with your son.  We have done a couple 5ks with our DS and are trying to encourage him to join a kids running club but he is resistant.

Flinders:  Gotcha!  I am hoping that May/June can be a base building time so we can get up to 55-60 mpw and then start marathon training July 1!

Have a wonderful day Donuts!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

mdawg87

Good morning from the Delta Sky Club!  DH and I are in Salt Lake City waiting for our flight home.  Sad to see vacation end, but happy to get back to our normal routine.  I would recommend Park City to any skiers out there.  Deer Valley, The Canyons, and Park City are all within 5-10 minutes of each other.  Add in all the extra services and amenities available because of the 2002 Olympics, and it's a no brainer.

SRD today due to travel.  We ran again yesterday morning at the resort fitness center.  6 more for me and another 7 for DH.

Still trying to catch up on the thread so just one big shout out to all the donuts for now!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Docket_Rocket

5Ks are not fun!Joking

Morning donuts!  I wasn't raining when I got up this morning and I briefly considered just going to the track, but I already had gym stuff packed so I went there...and it started pouring on the drive over so I was glad I did!  2 mile warm-up, 5 x 1k @ 7:13/mile, and 2 mile cool-down so total of 8.1 miles!  This was tougher workout just because the intervals felt long but my legs were strong and I got it done!  Happy for rest day tomorrow because I am working 30-32 hours today/tomorrow so will be exhausted tomorrow.

Onemile:  Great job with your strength workout!  Good luck with your 8...I so hate the wind!  As far as running in the morning, I really don't mind anymore...it's just what I have to do to get it done.

CBus:  Good luck with your strength...hope it stops raining!  I would say the Graston is moderately uncomfortable, but doesn't actually hurt.  Maybe I will try to have them dig a bit deeper.

Sprinkles:  I was so tired last night too...went to bed at 7:15!  Hope your run goes well!  Modified to add:  you snuck in...great job with spin and the 5, even if it was tough!  Good luck getting in the other fine but don't sweat it if you need rest!

Docket:  I say run the 5K...and then show CBus how fun it was and how well you did!

Jag:  So glad you got your workout in before the bad weather!  Nice job.

Jedi:  Great run!  Enjoy the run with your son.  We have done a couple 5ks with our DS and are trying to encourage him to join a kids running club but he is resistant.

Flinders:  Gotcha!  I am hoping that May/June can be a base building time so we can get up to 55-60 mpw and then start marathon training July 1!

Have a wonderful day Donuts!!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

AmiK - my son told me he will run a 5k this summer. i told him I am holding him to that.:P

Docket - 5k are not evil. They are fun and over before you know it.Smile All you guys crack me up about the whole 5k thing. Missing out!Smile lol

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

onemile

jedi - nice job on the 8. Good luck on tomorrow's speedwork.

cbus - I always think about cutting back the warm up/cool down as an option if I feel like I need more recovery.  I haven't done it yet but will if I need to.

Amik - Thanks! Nice job on the 1k intervals!  I felt like from there on up is when they started getting harder.

5ks IMO are a necessary evil.  I don't ENJOY them but I think in order to do speedwork you really need to do them on occasion to tune up your paces.  I was considering running one soon because I think I could PR after all the Hansons speed stuff but I don't want to disrupt my training right now so I will likely wait.

Smashy!!!

jedi - nice job on the 8. Good luck on tomorrow's speedwork.

cbus - I always think about cutting back the warm up/cool down as an option if I feel like I need more recovery.  I haven't done it yet but will if I need to.

Amik - Thanks! Nice job on the 1k intervals!  I felt like from there on up is when they started getting harder.

5ks IMO are a necessary evil.  I don't ENJOY them but I think in order to do speedwork you really need to do them on occasion to tune up your paces.  I was considering running one soon because I think I could PR after all the Hansons speed stuff but I don't want to disrupt my training right now so I will likely wait.

Dang, homegirl--always calling me out! +1 to your comment that the Speed gets tougher starting with the 1k repeats.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

akalei

Morning everyone! Heading out for 6 at lunch, and I'm exhausted and would rather take a nap under my desk, really.  Glad I got on here and saw plenty of other tired folks, as well Smile  DH was tossing and turning all night, so I didn't sleep well at all.  I also need to really start buckling down with lifting legs, I noticed some soreness in my right knee on Sunday and don't want the ITBS to come back!

Jedi: I'm going to try to be good about logging miles come March!  I don't think I'll stand a chance until I start Pfitz in early June.

mdawg: Hope you had a great trip!

Docket: I can appreciate your disdain for 5Ks.  Never feels like enough, but they get my family out and active, so I keep them up.  quick and easy way to get a shirt, too Smile  The right ones can be fun--we're doing one in April that runs through the tunnel of Beaver Stadium (whole family full of PSU fans here) and finish on the 50 yard line.  And I agree with onemile that they're sort of a necessary evil, definitely help with speed.

Really hoping the handful of gummi bears I downed a few minutes ago gives me the sugar boost I need... so unmotivated right now!

My PR's! 5K: 21:54 | 10M: 1:16:55 | HM: 1:43:40 | Full: 3:51:56

2013: BQ or bust!

http://justalongfortherun.blogspot.com