Sub-4 Marathon Group

February 2013 (Read 64 times)

Smashy!!!

What? You brought it up in the first place!

That's a no!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Smashy!!!

I say, "The split-Speedo"!!! Leaving nothing to the imagination!

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Can I run the 5k in the bikini?Smile Thanks guys! I appreciate that. I'm over the whole thing actually.

Hehe yes. I wasn't going to bring it up here but : popcorn :

Jedi, I don't want to speak for everyone, but I'm not looking for cheerleading. I'm looking for honest, helpful feedback.  So thank you!

And so not going to run a 5k in a bikini. Ya'll don't want to see that.  And yeah, split shorts will do fine. Leave SOMETHING to the imagination.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Ball of Fury

Now THAT I would like to see!

Can I run the 5k in the bikini?Smile Thanks guys! I appreciate that. I'm over the whole thing actually.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

onemile

Only if you post pictures.

Docket_Rocket

I blame jedi.Joking

Seriously, WTF is going on with people?  Is it the new moon?

I can't decide if it's a no because I don't want to do a 5K in a bikini OR I don't want to see the speedo pics....probably both!!  And shame on you Damaris and Jedi...causing all that drama in the dailies thread Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I think we all are...except a few as you could see.

Jedi, I don't want to speak for everyone, but I'm not looking for cheerleading. I'm looking for honest, helpful feedback.  So thank you!

And so not going to run a 5k in a bikini. Ya'll don't want to see that.  And yeah, split shorts will do fine. Leave SOMETHING to the imagination.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

That is a mental picture I could've done without!

I say, "The split-Speedo"!!! Leaving nothing to the imagination!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Smashy!!!

Then, get your Tempo workouts on pace! No more of this slightly faster than goal pace crap. And, oh yeah, you're welcome. (He he he...)

Seriously though, I have no no idea what you all are talking about.

Smashy!!!

That is a mental picture I could've done without!

What? If it's me your mentally picturing in that split-Speedo, then "thank you" is more like it. ...and you're welcome!

Smashy!!!

Okay, seriously. If you do a 5k in a bikini, then I'll race one. Seriously.

Ball of Fury

Docket:  I don't know but between the dailies and the butt thread, those people have all lost it!

CBus:  Long story short....apparently, it is only ok to give people running advice on the B & B board if it is solicited and it is positive!  You can not disagree with anyone either.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

onemile

Alright, awesome. Sounds like Jedi and Cbus have a deal!!!!

Okay, seriously. If you do a 5k in a bikini, then I'll race one. Seriously.

onemile

I was at the indoor track where it's easy to get carried away but I can't count the times I looked at my watch and it said 8:23-8:24 and I said better slow down because cbus will be stalking my log.

Then, get your Tempo workouts on pace! No more of this slightly faster than goal pace crap. And, oh yeah, you're welcome. (He he he...)

Smashy!!!

do stalk your log, and yes, I am creepy like that.

Seriously though (and I'm beginning to realize my "seriously" is losing all value), but seriously though, I take it as a good sign that your Tempo pace keeps creeping down. That to me is a sign that you are getting stronger at your GP. The more Strength workouts you do, the easier Tempo day will feel. But I'm gonna keep nagging you to stay disciplined on Tempo days. The last think you want is to go into your race, start out around 8:25, and then think "Well, I was doing this pace on Tempo days..." You gotta, gotta, gotta get disciplined now during training so that you are disciplined on race day. That's why I think you gotta commit to pace, and not a range. Lock it in at say 8:32--that way you can be totally objective about your Tempo and race day pace. But let's say you commit to a 8:35 goal pace. Well, some of your Tempo miles creeped down to 8:27, which is only :02 away from your Strength pace--in fact, you are closer to your Strength pace than you are to your GP! And you don't plan on racing at your Strength pace, do you?

Okay rant done.

I was at the indoor track where it's easy to get carried away but I can't count the times I looked at my watch and it said 8:23-8:24 and I said better slow down because cbus will be stalking my log.