Sub-4 Marathon Group

Gear and shoes (CBus' world) (Read 80 times)

Smashy!!!

I wouldnt say I avoid flats. I just haven't felt the need to get a pair. I'm just not fast enough for it to be worth it.

Thank you Cbus; I've never heard of performance of lightweight trainers - will look into this.  Do you avoid flat shoes because of the associated risk of injury?

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

I love my racing flats for interval and tempo runs. Wear both Mizuno Musha and Ronin.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Strider24

Run Strider Run!

I ordered a pair of Brooks PureCadance - excited to try them out.

Jedi - do you also use the flat in a race (any distance) or do you only use them for tempo/intervals?  And by flat, does that mean low heal-to-toe drops (e.g., 4-5 mm)?

PR:  47:52 (10K), 1:48:17 (HM), 4:01:42 (FM)

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

I wore the Musha for my marathon last fall, but really felt it was not enough shoe for me for 26.2. I like both up to the HM. The Ronin is primarily my racing shoe now. Not sure what my marathon shoe might be this fall. Might be the new Sayonara which will be very similiar to the Precision which is my daily trainer along with Rider.

I ordered a pair of Brooks PureCadance - excited to try them out.

Jedi - do you also use the flat in a race (any distance) or do you only use them for tempo/intervals?  And by flat, does that mean low heal-to-toe drops (e.g., 4-5 mm)?

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

For today's workout 2wu+2(2m@HMPw1mr)+2cd = 10 miles I wore my Mizuno Wave Universe 3 which now have 1220 miles on them.  They felt so comfortable that I'm thinking of using them for my marathon (Lake Wobegon) a week from Saturday.  If it looks like rain though, I might select something else, but I'm not sure what.  I have worn water shoes for a marathon before so that is always a possibility.

I have a pair of Merrill Sonic Glove, but I've only used them on two longer runs of 12 and 16 miles, and I got a blister on my heel during the 16 miler, so I don't trust them for a marathon yet.  Pity, because they are essentially waterproof except for the laces area.  I may have to take a razor blade to the top of the heel in the back to get rid of the blister issue.