Sub-4 Marathon Group

Welcome! (Read 518 times)

Canuck

No worries Rollcast, looks like we're going to be doing a daily thread of some sort, barring any objections - the first person in will have to start it I guess - which won't ever be me given I'm on PST - unless I start it the night before! We're just chatting in this thread right now until people find us.

PRs: 47:54 (10K); 1:46:36 (HM); 3:50:52 (FM)

Recovering from injured knee (PCL/Lateral Meniscus)

No worries Rollcast, looks like we're going to be doing a daily thread of some sort, barring any objections - the first person in will have to start it I guess - which won't ever be me given I'm on PST - unless I start it the night before! We're just chatting in this thread right now until people find us.

There is a new thread under sub 4 user group forums called Daily Donuts.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Canuck

Yeah, I saw that.  I think we're eventually  to do one for each day individually though, rather than just one big thread at this point, mainly to make navigation easier.  Maybe add today's date to that thread, I think you can change the name if you started it.

PRs: 47:54 (10K); 1:46:36 (HM); 3:50:52 (FM)

Recovering from injured knee (PCL/Lateral Meniscus)

sramaley

Like the idea of the bio thread a lot. Rest we can populate as needed. Hate to create to many individual ones though. Would like to keep one rolling if we can.
          onemile

Hey everyone, 

Got in 6 @ 10:0X. The IT Band was behaved until the last .5  mile or so. 

Onemile, I'm also following Hansons. I'm not racing this spring, but I want to do their speed and strength workouts. I'm definitely going to follow their Beginners plan for my fall racewith ether i do a half or full. My Half PR is also 1:46:XX. 

Welcome to the new folks!!! 

I also have ITB issues - mostly they are under control now luckily.  I guess I'll be the guinea pig on Hansons this spring and if I crash and burn you'll have a chance to change your mind. Joking

Smashy!!!

Why don't we keep one thread going for the time being, and if we need to start creating daily threads, then we can do it if and when it's needed.

Onemile, I'm sureyou'll be fine. So long as you stick to their strict pacing. 

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Strider24

Run Strider Run!

Hi guys!  I'm here.  

Good first impression of the site; the automatic data summaries/displays are nice.  

Very little running for the past month, but hoping to change that.  Have been lurking on the other site and will keep an eye on both until we switch over.

Hope you guys are well.

PR:  47:52 (10K), 1:48:17 (HM), 4:01:42 (FM)

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

I'm here!

I got in 3.8 @ 8:59 at lunch.  PF better. 

Will run tomorrow and take tomorrow off.  I'm signed up to do a half on Saturday, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the PF doesn't act up between now and then.  Running these short runs seems to help it, but longer runs seem to aggravate it -- at least it is more painful after the fact.

Sprinkles: I had the AST thing with my doc last year.

If we think daily chat threads are too much, we could also do weeklies to keep the thread clutter on the main page down.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

bagopux

Hola Donuts.  7.35 today.  4.25 outside and then inside for 3.1 on the treadmill due to darkness.  tomorrow is first day of training with the personal trainer.  forecast is for patchy exhaustion during the day with some variable soreness moving in during the overnight followed by a painful morning commute.

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Cbus- IT band is gnarly - i HATED it all last fall.  Sounds like you're making a lot of progress though. 

Onemile- some of my teammates are doing Canova, which looks similar to Hansons but requires a lot more math...which is why I am doing Pfitz (I don't like to think very much

Sra- bio thread would be good- hopefully all the individual threads won't get too confusing...maybe a monthly thread or something instead of daily?

Strider- I'm in lazy mode too...can't wait to get back out there though. 

Flinders- The AST thing is annoying.  Now I"m running all over for testing, all of which comes back normal since I've been sitting on my arse for a week.  Thank god I already met my deductible.  AST is basically high for me ALL the time but now its even higher.  So, of course, they look at me like a pincushion now.

Me: SPIN.  Being a bum, trying not to eat too much garbage.  DH starts his new job tomorrow. so its good timing since I have no idea what ours schedules will be like.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Hominid

Hey guys! This is the runner formerly known as sckome. New site, new name. Ran 5.25 this morning at 4:30. Still have a touch of PF in the left foot but not too bad. Good to see everyone posting. My training log should be open for viewing. I haven't put in much old data so it's pretty boring right now.

Smashy!!!

Does anyone know if there is a rule of thumb about how much fitness you retain from previous training cycles? I ask because on today's run, I was averaging about 10:00 miles, and I was huffing and puffing like I've never run a mile in my life. I've been battling ITBS so my miles have been down, but this kinda surprised me. After brainstorming, these are the possibilities I came up with:

1) I lost all my fitness gains

2) I lack economy at 10:00, since this is not a pace I've put a lot of miles on

3) My big lunch

4) My paces from pre-Garmin were inaccurate, and I was doing like 11:30 miles when I thought I was doing 10:30 miles

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Rusk Runner

Hard to say cbus, but keep at it for a couple of weeks and you should be good as new.

I still cant get the avi thing fixed no matter how many times I try.

9 miles for me last night.  9:07 avg pace,  Faster than I wanted to run but I had loads of energy, HR at fast end of GA range and nose breathing the entire run.  Hopefully this cycle will see some marked gains in fitness with no injuries.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Strider24

Run Strider Run!

Indi, I struggled with how to add the avatar, finally found it in the "Option" on the top right, then "My Forum Preferences".

Cbus, keep at it bro.  No data to prove this, but I imagine a couple of weeks of inactivity would lead to a significant drop.  The intensity and conditioning (physical, mental) are at a high level during MRT.  Reaching that intensity takes time, but the body/mind fall to the casual state must faster.  I'm expecting to struggle once I return to running, but am optimistic that I can get back to the "normal" level after some dedication.

Whippet, I hear ya - it's tough to restart.  I currently have no goal, that is my excuse.

PR:  47:52 (10K), 1:48:17 (HM), 4:01:42 (FM)

sramaley

After two weeks of reduced or no running you lose fitness. But it is easier to get it back. Just keep at it cbus. Like the idea of monthly thread. Lets do that. Donuts this morning for breakfast. Carbo loading Smile