Sub-4 Marathon Group

Welcome! (Read 518 times)

mdawg87

Morning Donuts!  Well, I'm a fan of this site just for the speed if nothing else.  Pages load in an appropriate time frame, etc.  I also like finally having a signature again!  I wonder how long it will take RWOL to get their issues figured out. 

6 TM miles and stretching this morning at the gym.  I think I'm on the Hanson bandwagon for my next marathon.  I'm really intrigued with the logic behind their training program. 

Monthly thread sounds good to me too.  I'm assuming that will start on Saturday for December?

Sprinkles/cbus/strider:  What's with the names under the avatars?  Something new?

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Docket_Rocket

Morning! Are we having a Daily Donut 11/29? If so, maybe Cbus should sticky this one for welcome purposes with an explanation of what we are

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Rusk Runner

Im think I am with Sram about having it cycle every month.  But I am easy and will do what I am told.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Smashy!!!

Im think I am with Sram about having it cycle every month.  But I am easy and will do what I am told.

Indi, You don't want to know where my mind went...

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Smashy!!!

Hey everyone, 

Tried for 4 this morning, but knee was achy around mile 2, so I cut it short. Ended up with 3 and change @ 10:00. Live to run another day I guess. 

Thanks for the feedback about the fitness question. Today's run was much better, so I'm chalking up yesterday to "one of those days." But it is true that I put on a couple of lbs. due to Halloween and Thanksgiving. So, it's probably a little bit of both. But I updated my log, starting from TCM, so if you guys want to check it out to see where I am, that'd be cool too. Strider, I totally know what you are saying about the focus that develops over time during MRT. 

Mdwag, when you create your avatar, you can put a little motto underneath. They call it "Self Appointed Motto." 

Regarding threads. I like the idea of keeping this thread open until the end of Nov., and then starting a monthly thread with Dec. I don't think it's necessary to sticky the Welcome thread, since it will probably go deserted once the monthly thread starts up. But we'll do that Personal Bio/Intro thread and I'll sticky that. 

White Lightning

Morning everyone.  Much better forums.

Had a very easy 2 miles yesterday at 10:10 and have 3 easy this afternoon/evening.  Think I have everything squared and ready for the race on Sunday, except maybe some nerves.  ITB is still giving me issues.  I think its from walking barefoot on this very hard marble floor at my parents house for the last week so started to wear shoes in the house.  Expo tomorrow morning to beet the rush.  I feel like I've gained 5 pounds in the last two weeks, scared to step on the scale

Play the Game Hard!

bagopux

Hi everyone.

Personal training this morning.  I think the job of a personal trainer is to point out to you the things that you totally fail at and then help you not fail so much.  If that's the case, the first session scored high on the first part.  Looking forward to the "not fail so much" part.  I guess that comes down the road after the "holy crap I'm really sore" part.

Couple of questions about the forums:

1. Is there an android app for the forums, or is it just browser based on the phone?  And if there isn't an app for the forums, can i at least get an rss feed?  Didn't see anything on that.

2. Is there a way to bookmark the thread so that the current page always comes up?  well, I guess that raises another question.  Over on Forum-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named, we had just one thread dedicated to everything under the sun, which I thought worked well.  Are we now going to have several threads with different conversations at once so I can't just look in one place?

Smashy!!!

Pux,

i'm not sure about the app. 

You can subscribe to a thread, but I don't know if that is the same as the feed feature (I haven't used either). Yes, we can't reorganize the thread according to the most recent post. That is why we talked about doing a new thread every day, week, or month. I think everyone agrees the fewer the threads the better for general conversation. But one HUGE thread might not be as easy to navigate--at least that's the concern. I think there was some consensus growing around a monthly thread, as a kind of best-of-both worlds scenario. But maybe there is value in just keeping everything in one thread. 

Canuck

Morning gang,

I like the idea of a monthly thread.  Keeps the length somewhat manageable and makes things a bit easier to find than just one giant thread with 6000+ posts in it, and won't clutter up the forum with huge numbers of daily threads.   We can start a new one for December as was suggested.

Pux - I'm not sure about android - I have an iphone and the site essentially looks the same on there as it does on my computer.  I really like the fact that I can upload profile and avatar pics directly from my phone, couldn't do that on RWOL.  I've never subscribed to any threads in the past.

No run for me last night, was soaked and freezing when I got home from work (I bike to work) as it was pouring.  Just couldn't face turning around and heading right back out into the rain for a run.  Nicer today though, just sprinkling rain, so will try again tonight.

PRs: 47:54 (10K); 1:46:36 (HM); 3:50:52 (FM)

Recovering from injured knee (PCL/Lateral Meniscus)

Trail Monster

I like the idea of a monthly thread! I need to figure out how to move my training log over here too. Other than that not much from me today. I have some pretty awful congestion and am thankful it's an SRD. Hoping I can feel better tomorrow and Saturday for my LR.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Docket_Rocket

Well, I am easy too, so.... 

Indi, You don't want to know where my mind went...

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Hi everyone.

Personal training this morning.  I think the job of a personal trainer is to point out to you the things that you totally fail at and then help you not fail so much.  If that's the case, the first session scored high on the first part.  Looking forward to the "not fail so much" part.  I guess that comes down the road after the "holy crap I'm really sore" part.

Couple of questions about the forums:

1. Is there an android app for the forums, or is it just browser based on the phone?  And if there isn't an app for the forums, can i at least get an rss feed?  Didn't see anything on that.

2. Is there a way to bookmark the thread so that the current page always comes up?  well, I guess that raises another question.  Over on Forum-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named, we had just one thread dedicated to everything under the sun, which I thought worked well.  Are we now going to have several threads with different conversations at once so I can't just look in one place?

I searched for an app for iPhone and found none, so I assume there is none.

I would prefer discussions to be in separate threads.  We have tons of space here, why not use it?  Also, if somebody has an issue with X subject 1 year from now we can find it easier.

I also like that we can copy/paste or write our RRs here in separate threads.  I like this place for sure.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Finally, a monthly thread sounds good.  Maybe the first poster can copy/paste the races for that month on the first post.  Let's start in December!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Smashy!!!

Well, I am easy too, so.... 

I'm just hoping Sra is easy too! 

I'm just hoping Sra is easy too! 

Shocked

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)