Sub-4 Marathon Group

Welcome! (Read 518 times)

Canuck

I'm just hoping Sra is easy too! 

Stalker!

PRs: 47:54 (10K); 1:46:36 (HM); 3:50:52 (FM)

Recovering from injured knee (PCL/Lateral Meniscus)

Canuck

Oh, and  I'm now an admin, I feel drunk with power!

Docket_Rocket

I feel left out about not being an admin, sniff.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Banshee, where are you keeping your log?  RA has an import tool that will handle most sources of log data.

Sprinkles: on the AST, at least mine realized that it was the running and didn't send me for a lot of extra tests.  The flip side is that if you go in while you are tapering and carb loading, they'll think you're diabetic.

3.8 for me today at lunch, 8:54 average pace.  Nothing out of the ordinary.  PF is not bothering me on shorter runs, but my heels tend to be a bit sore in the afternoons after I have been sitting at my desk for a while.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

DetroitTigerFan

Hello all - i'm checking in !

I haven't followed what happened in the rwol forums, but I wish to follow the donuts as a charter member Smile You've been an excellent support group all year.  Still thinking about my goals for next year for now.

Cbus - thanks for inviting me to join you guys over here

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Canuck

Hey DTF!  Glad you made it over.

9 miles for me tonight @ 9:44 pace.  Felt very good, I think I'm getting my running mojo back, I lost for a while there.  Weather was quite nice, some light rain but it was pretty warm - 48 degrees.  I was amazed at all the people I saw in long sleeves and even jackets - I was just wearing a short sleeve tech shirt and capris and I was quite warm.

Docket_Rocket

Yay, more people have made it here!

My weather forecast for Sunday sucks.  65-70F during the marathon.  Hoping for a last minute cold front.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hello, displaced donuts!

It took me longer than it should have to realize that you have to 'Join Group' to be able to post. I just kept getting a mostly blank screen when trying to reply to the thread. They should give you a message that tells you you need to join before replying.

Hope everyone is doing well. I have been too busy with work this last week (it is personnel evaluation week which for me at least sucks because I find it very hard to evaluate myself or others) to run much or read the group's postings and so I was very surprised when I got the PM from Cbus saying that we moved. I though he was just PMing people to yell at them for not posting recently.

Nice to see DTF and that most RWOL people have migrated ok.

Will return soon.

PRs: 10k-44:36 (10/12), HM-1:44:55 (4/13), FM-3:41 (10/13)

Smashy!!!

Flinders, I'm trying to figure out what the shoes are in your avatar. I think one is the Wave Rider 15, one is the Wave Elixir 6, but there is one behind the Elixir that I can't quite make out. It almost looks like the Nirvana 7. Any idea what it is?

Welcome DTF and Nick!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Flinders, I'm trying to figure out what the shoes are in your avatar. I think one is the Wave Rider 15, one is the Wave Elixir 6, but there is one behind the Elixir that I can't quite make out. It almost looks like the Nirvana 7. Any idea what it is?

Welcome DTF and Nick!

The silver/red one is a WR 13.  The bit of blue is a WR15.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Rusk Runner

Woke up for an easy 5 this morning at 3:15 but did not like the way my legs felt, so I got back in bed.  MRT starts next week, so I will take a smart URD today.  Will get out tomorrow in warmer weather for 8 miles or so.

Glad to see this forum come together.  Sorry to see RWOL become such a pain in the rear.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Smashy!!!

Jodi, I just read your intro. I thought I had a terrible first marathon experience, but WOW, torn meniscus in both knees and a dislocation? I can't believe you didn't swear off marathons, or even running all togeththat forever after that. You deserve a huge Donut. 

Flinders, you recovered after Mizuno changed the Rider after the 13? Wow, I didn't know it could be done. The 16 is out and people are STILL whining about the 13. Sheesh, get over folks, get over. Hope the PF is better. Have you ever tried an orthotic like Powerstep or Superfeet? They're made for running shoes, but if it's your work shoes are what's bothering, I wonder if you couldn't use them there. 

Indi, I hope it's just dead legs. Get better brother. But have to say, 3:15? Dang, yo--dang. 

Smashy!!!

In all thecraziness with the forum migration, our weekend racers have gotten forgotten. We've got SRA smashing St. Jude's saintly face, and DR and Josh smashing Sin City this weekend. You guys have put in the work. Remember to pace smartly. Don't panic if you get caught in a crowd. It will thin out. Just think about how all that energy will help you close out the race strong when others are fading. And above all, SMASH that race--and enjoy a donut! 

Docket_Rocket

Morning! Travel day for me.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Canuck

Good luck this weekend Josh, Docket and Sra! Hope the weather cooperates in LV, that sounds a little warm.

Planning another 9 tonight, spin class and weights tomorrow and then probably 12 on Sunday.