Sub-4 Marathon Group

Welcome! (Read 518 times)

sramaley

Morning Donuts.

cbus - smh.

Got in 2 miles yesterday at MP. Weather tomorrow is ideal in the 50s. Plan is to go out with 9:10 pace till 13. Pick up to 9 at 13 and try to pick up again at 21. Planning a negative split if all goes well. Would be my first.  I am planning to start with the 4:00 pace group and eventually catch the 3:55 pace group.

Good luck to the other racers this weekend. Work then off to the expo later today.

akalei

Happy morning, Donuts!  I've been kind of MIA for a few days.  I don't think my work internet is too fond of runningahead... it better get used to it!  Heaven knows work is where I do most of my donut-ing.

I turn 27 today!  I don't like it one bit, either.  25 was whatever, 26 was a little sad, 27 is "holy crap, I'm in my LATE 20's now."  Not ready to grow up.

Hoping boss lets us out early today.  It was 25 degrees out this morning and I didn't care to get all bundled up just for 3 miles.  Supposed to be 45 this afternoon, which will be much more pleasant for pup and I (and will allow for more than 3 miles if the getting out early thing happens).

Good luck this weekend, Sra, Docket, and Josh!

My PR's! 5K: 21:54 | 10M: 1:16:55 | HM: 1:43:40 | Full: 3:51:56

2013: BQ or bust!

http://justalongfortherun.blogspot.com

White Lightning

Morning everyone....

Docket - Safe travels.  And yeah, its looking to be a bit warm on Sunday, plus 60% humidity, that's pretty high for here.  I've struggled with hydration since I've been here, going to be interesting

akalei - Happy Birthday.  

Sra - Good Luck this weekend

Me - 2 Miles planned this afternoon after I get back from packet pickup and expo.  ITB feels good today <crosses fingers>.  Still very doubtful on a sub-4, especially with the warmer temps expected.

Play the Game Hard!

Smashy!!!

Sra, sounds like a good plan. Now it's all about execution. 

Akalei, Happy birthday! Do you use Internet Explorer at work? I have found that IE does not work as well for Runningahead. So I downloaded Chrome. Chrome and Safari seem to have no problem with RA. Have a great bday run! 

I'm starting to really get used to this website, and I am finding it is much better than Runners world. One thing I found out is, whenever I go to our Welcome thread, it sends me directly to the most recent post, which makes it much easier. 

Got in 3.45 today at 10:0X pace. Same story as yesterday: ITBS again, so I cut it short. I think it's getting better, but it's hard to tell. At least, I didn't have to walk home. Will try for 6 tomorrow. 

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

bagopux

Happy morning, Donuts!  I've been kind of MIA for a few days.  I don't think my work internet is too fond of runningahead... it better get used to it!  Heaven knows work is where I do most of my donut-ing.

I turn 27 today!  I don't like it one bit, either.  25 was whatever, 26 was a little sad, 27 is "holy crap, I'm in my LATE 20's now."  Not ready to grow up.

Hoping boss lets us out early today.  It was 25 degrees out this morning and I didn't care to get all bundled up just for 3 miles.  Supposed to be 45 this afternoon, which will be much more pleasant for pup and I (and will allow for more than 3 miles if the getting out early thing happens).

Good luck this weekend, Sra, Docket, and Josh!

<old guy voice>Ah, you crazy whippersnappers!</old guy voice>

I turned 45 a few days ago, which means I'm now closer to 60 than to 30.  Late 20s??!!  Sheesh!  Wink 

Happy Birthday.  Smile   

SRD today.

Pondering my goals for 2013.  1:45 Half in the spring?  3:50 Full in the fall?  This is the first year I'm thinking not just in terms of two isolated 20-week MRT cycles (spring and fall), but in terms using a full 9-12 months to work seriously on various aspects of training (e.g., strength & conditioning, speed, hills, etc) and devoting significant time to each without having to do each in the context of an MRT plan.  I'm getting pretty psyched about it too.

BelRunner

Akalei-Happy Birthday!

Good luck to the weekend racers!

Easy 6 for me today.  I recently decided to try out the HRM that came with my Garmin.  Wow, do I have to run slow to keep my HR where Pfitz says it should be.  I did my 6@10:32 to keep my HR under 157-my recovery pace HR.  That is about 1min/mile slower than I usually run.  Tomorrow is a race day for me, a local 10K.  Hopefully, it really is 10km.  The races around here are about +/- 1 km!  You never know exactly how far you'll be running until you see the finish line.  

Jenny

PRs: 5K-23:08 (10/12), 10K-48:15 (4/12), 13.1-1:49:33 (10/12), 26.2-4:09:21 (5/12)

Rusk Runner

Bel - Did you do an accurate predictor of your MHR, or are you going by formulas?

Cbus - No problems here, I just felt some residual tweaks and stiffness from Wednesdays 9 miler, so I decided to take a day off.  I know myself well enough that I will trun tomorrows run into 9 or 10 miles and then Sunday will be a 14 miler, and I will finish the week around 40 miles.  First week of Pfitz is 37 miles, so it ends up being a cutback.

Best of luck to all racers this weekend.  As usual, I look forward to reading and learning from your race reports.

Akalei - Happy Birthday!  No sympathy from this 48 year old retired sailor however.  I wish I had been a runner at your age.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

akalei, Happy Birthday! I turn 37 in Jan, so I am thinking the same thing you are, but replace the 2 with a 3. Still not ready to grow up Smile

Good luck Sra, Docket and Josh!

I haven't been on here really since Thanksgiving. Someone a week or two ago was talking about avoiding big races, but personally I like all of the people as long I start in the right wave or close enough to the front if it isn't a wave start. I changed my mind after the Detroit Turkey Trot last Thursday. I ran it with my wife who was targeting a 9:30 pace, and we had to wait 6 minutes at the end of the race to cross the finish line! It is billed as the biggest race on Thanksgiving, the biggest day for races in the country. There were 20,000 people running, and you would think that if the organizers know that they would be able to handle the crowds a little better. There were 4 corrals, but hardly any time between each wave. I know it is really supposed to be a fun run, as even though there are that many people they encourage you to push your jogging strollers, bring your dogs, and wear costumes, but wow, I feel they could have had a little better planning at least. All I could do was just laugh at the end when my wife was asking whether it would be ok to just stop her watch early and take it as an unofficial 10k time when we were standing in the crowd at the end. 

Planning to run tonight, we will see how far I go.

PRs: 10k-44:36 (10/12), HM-1:44:55 (4/13), FM-3:41 (10/13)

BelRunner

Indiana-I got a reading of 199 in the last mile of my PR 5K last month, so I'm going with right around that as my MHR.  

Jenny

PRs: 5K-23:08 (10/12), 10K-48:15 (4/12), 13.1-1:49:33 (10/12), 26.2-4:09:21 (5/12)

Canuck

Yikes Nick, that's crazy.  I run in a 10K that has about 45,000 people in it (they have corrals at the start) and there is never an issue at the finish line with crowding. 

Happy Birthday akalei!  You're making me feel old though, I will be 38 on Valentine's Day.

Didn't ride my bike today, decided to drive as it was pouring down rain this morning and I may have to run in that tonight, didn't want to have the same thing happen as on Wed, when I was so wet and cold from my ride home that I bagged my run.  Doing spin tomorrow anyway, so I'm going to end up with close to 40 miles on the bike this week which is pretty good.  It's a good way to get some more aerobic work.

PRs: 47:54 (10K); 1:46:36 (HM); 3:50:52 (FM)

Recovering from injured knee (PCL/Lateral Meniscus)

Canuck

Belrunner - I think they say to add about 4-5 beats to the max at the end of a 5K, so you're probably around 204 or so.  That's pretty similar to me, my max is right around 200 (I've hit 195 at the end of race).  You'll be amazed at how quickly your pace increases at the same HR.  Just 3 weeks ago, 9 miles @ 10:07 pace had my avg at 155.  Last night was 9 miles @ 9:44 pace with the same avg HR. 

Smashy!!!

Bel, I don't train by HR, but just judging from your PRs, 10:30 is probably at the slow end of your easy pace. At the same time, 9:30 is probably a touch too fast for most easy runs. I do think there is value in running at a variety of paces (physiologically, you gain oxygen efficiency). So I would do a run a week at 9:30 (maybe a MLR, so that it feels kinda like a long workout), and then mix up your easy runs between 10:00-10:30. 

Nick, that 10K sounds terrible.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Dreamn

Akalei, this is too funny.  We always seem to run similar races (if not the same race) and have the same race schedule and/or goals.  And guess, what?  We share a birthday!  Happy birthday to you Akalei!

I turned 30 today.  Goodbye 25 to 29 AG, hello super competitive 30 to 34 Big grin

Good luck to all, SRA, joshlynn & Docket!

Canuck

BTW gang, there is now a way to get to the last post you've read in a thread - Eric added it yesterday - if you click on the subject now, rather than taking you to the first page of the thread, it takes you to the last unread post. 

bagopux

Josh,  Good luck in Vegas ... on the course, that is.  You've been working hard.  Hope it comes together for you.  Good luck to all the other racers this weekend too.

Hmmm, can we move past the "welcome" thread yet?