Sub-4 Marathon Group

June 2013 (Read 44 times)

Strider24

Run Strider Run!

Docket, Darkstreets - congrats on SF!

cmb, hope this is just a minor setback.

Indi, also hope for you that therapy and being off your feet bring you back soon.

Cbus, DTF, with you on the journey for the next 18-weeks.  Let's go get that sub-4 in October!

PR:  47:52 (10K), 1:48:17 (HM), 4:01:42 (FM)

My running/posting laziness over the last week is now over, 6 miles done today, Bring On MRT Week 1!

Good luck to all of those other week oners (is that a word?) out there, Strider, Cbus, DTF, Simon.

Just caught up on the last 6 pages, had a bunch of comments go through my head, but lost most of them.

Congrats Docket and Dark Streets. Nice PR Dark Streets!

DTF - nice 10k

Josh, nice to see you back.

FYI, I am trying Hanson's Advanced. It sure looks easy with those marathon paces plugged in instead of overly aggressive half marathon paces that I had in there over the last 2 months, so we shall see.

On a encouraging note, I was at my wife's cousin's wedding down in Dayton, OH this weekend. I was talking to the brother of the groom who is a pretty decent runner. Last time I talked to him was about a year ago so I was telling him how I came a little short of my goal last year. He told me how he had a pretty disastrous first marathon, falling apart and finishing at about 4:46. The next year his pacing,etc was much better and finished around 3:42. Ten marathons later his PR is 2:57. So I guess as Jedi says, #doworkrunfast

PRs: 10k-44:36 (10/12), HM-1:44:55 (4/13), FM-3:41 (10/13)

Ball of Fury

Morning Donuts!  Sorry I was MIA over the weekend...we went to Indiana to see DH's parents get baptized.  Busy weekend but got in all our Insanity workouts.  Today was Pure Cardio and I was super pumped to make it all the way through the workout without breaks!!  I think I've only done that once or twice in the 2 years we have had the program.  Shaun T. quote of the day, "It's get fit or get out people!!"  He says this after one of the girls in the video says, "I want to leave!"  The pure disgust that crosses his face for a couple seconds is freaking hilarious!!

CBus:  Good luck with your first week of Hanson's!  Just easy running for the first few weeks, right?  Speaking of DS's and bike riding...I cannot for the life of me convince DS9 to ride a damn bike!!  He is terrified.  Any tips?

Nick:  Wow @ your cousins progress...awesome!  Good luck with MRT this week.

Indy:  Good and bad news about the MRI I guess.  Obviously, it's great there is nothing showing, but I know that is also frustrating.  I really hope you can recover quickly.  And that's awesome you decided to try RAIN...DH loved the experience.  I think he also went to the Velodrome that night for some sort of race....what a nutball!

Strider:  Good luck starting MRT!

Onemile:  I am so happy you are feeling back to normal!

RV:  I am tired just thinking about that schedule.

Docket:  Congrats on SF....awesome job with a tough course!

Darkstreets:  Congrats on an awesome time in SF!!

MDawg:  The week after vacation is the worst!!  Good luck with week 2!

DTF:  Nice 10K.  Ouch at the collision....sounds painful!

Cmb:  I am very sorry to hear about your ITB....I really hope it recovers quickly.  A sprint Tri sounds like a great idea!

Flinders:  Good luck with your interval workout today!!  12 x 400?

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Rusk Runner

Amik - Ask DH if he has ever heard of RAINstorm.  It is 5 days of 100 milers through southern Indiana starting in Richmond that end with the RAIN (156 miles) which puts you back in Richmond.  Hotels and most meals included.  Thats nuts.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Smashy!!!

Ami, ha! Sorry, can't help you with that. My DS wanted to learn. But yeah, when his mind is made up, it's made up. So I'm lucky he wants to learn to ride a bike and swim.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

onemile

Yeah, I don't think I could survive the plan using the HM paces.  For me MP is plenty hard.

FYI, I am trying Hanson's Advanced. It sure looks easy with those marathon paces plugged in instead of overly aggressive half marathon paces that I had in there over the last 2 months, so we shall see.

onemile

Very nice. I'm sure that this will help when you are able to start running again.

Today was Pure Cardio and I was super pumped to make it all the way through the workout without breaks!!  I think I've only done that once or twice in the 2 years we have had the program.  Shaun T. quote of the day, "It's get fit or get out people!!"  He says this after one of the girls in the video says, "I want to leave!"  The pure disgust that crosses his face for a couple seconds is freaking hilarious!! 

Ball of Fury

Yeah, I don't think I could survive the plan using the HM paces.  For me MP is plenty hard.

Those strength workouts at GHMP minus 10 were HARD!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

mdawg87

Good morning!  7 TM miles including 8x600s, 400 recoveries, 1 mile w/u, and 1 mile c/d.  Second Hansons speed workout done.  Feeling good so far.  I don't think it will last, but I'm being optimistic.  Eating well and getting enough sleep sure is helping.  Of course, the Atlanta humidity isn't where it normally is either.  That's what's really helping.  I am NOT optimistic about that continuing.  It will be a sauna very shortly, I'm sure.

cmb:  Fingers crossed your ITB issue is just from inactivity and weak stabilizer muscles.   +1 on the sprint tri being a good idea.

AmiK:  No issues from your sprint down the street after DS, I hope?

Roll:  Are you out there?  Chicago needs to get more physical and get to the net if they hope to pull this off.  Boston is outmuscling them and playing with more intensity.

Nick:  I have a friend with a similar marathon story.  He went from the high 4s to nearly sub 3 in the span of 6 or 7 marathons.  He ran them 9 months to a year apart.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

onemile

heh, I believe it.  Big grin

Those strength workouts at GHMP minus 10 were HARD!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  I'm very ill with a stomach virus (DH too), so I am here in bed instead of the office.  Travel last night was horrible with me so sick.

I'll come back later with some more details of the race but this is the elevation profile:

Damaris

Roll:  Are you out there?  Chicago needs to get more physical and get to the net if they hope to pull this off.  Boston is outmuscling them and playing with more intensity.

Its killing me. The Blackhawks just don't look like they want it right now. I know Boston is strong and this series would be a struggle but Chicago needs to bring some fire in the next game. Last night was flat.

Ami - try just riding your bike around in front of DS for a couple of times and see if he gets the itch.

NND - motivation for sure.

Strider:  Good luck

RV: How many does this make for you?

Docket:  What has been your favorite FM so far?

Darkstreets:  Congrats on SF!!

Flinders:  Are you fully back?

Me - 5.5 miles last night in Docket type of heat/dewpoint/humidity. Felt good though. I am starting to get sort of gun shy about running this trail by our neighborhood after the dog attack last weekend and yesterday evening I stepped (on my run) 3 inches from a copperhead.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hmmm, not sure.  I have different categories (most organized, most fun, etc.), but I think the one I liked the most are the Berlin Marathon and the Disney 2013 Marathon.

Its killing me. The Blackhawks just don't look like they want it right now. I know Boston is strong and this series would be a struggle but Chicago needs to bring some fire in the next game. Last night was flat.

Ami - try just riding your bike around in front of DS for a couple of times and see if he gets the itch.

NND - motivation for sure.

Strider:  Good luck

RV: How many does this make for you?

Docket:  What has been your favorite FM so far?

Darkstreets:  Congrats on SF!!

Flinders:  Are you fully back?

Me - 5.5 miles last night in Docket type of heat/dewpoint/humidity. Felt good though. I am starting to get sort of gun shy about running this trail by our neighborhood after the dog attack last weekend and yesterday evening I stepped (on my run) 3 inches from a copperhead.

Damaris

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Pfitz question:

This past week I had jury duty so I wound up moving runs -

Schedule was planned as: speed 8 / rest / 10 mi / rest / 5 recover / 13

I did: speed 8 / 5 recover / rest / rest / 10 mi / 14 mi

Now I am coming off two "hard days" so I moved my schedule from this: 10 mi / 4 mi recovery / 8 mi LT / rest / 14 / 4 to...

5 mi recovery / 10 mi / 4 mi recovery / 8 mile LT / rest / 14 mi

I figured moving the recovery around as well would put me n a better position than running too many back to backs.

Thoughts?

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

akalei

Hey all, just checking in quick since I have a few down minutes at work.  Nailed a PR at my 5K Saturday, 21:54.  Sunday I was about 1/2 mile into my 13-15 mile LR and started to feel some knee pain, and when it didn't go away by the mile marker, DH and I stopped and walked back.  Still had pain yesterday and realized it's ITB problems (since I had it in the left knee 2 years ago and recalled the pain oh so well).  Today I went to spin thinking that would be low impact, not thinking of all the standing.  Needless to say, I'm hurting today.  And now I can feel Wineglass and that BQ slipping away.... sigh.  Also, I'll never complain about a long run again, because right now, I'd give just about anything to be able to do just that.

Relatedly, I'm callng a local PT who's Graston certified today.  And sorry for being whiney... I know it's not the end of the world.  I just hate the thought of "rest" 3 weeks before I'll be spending a week in a bathing suit.

Docket and Dark, congrats on SF!

Ami: nice job making it all the way through Pure Cardio... that workout is a beast.

My PR's! 5K: 21:54 | 10M: 1:16:55 | HM: 1:43:40 | Full: 3:51:56

2013: BQ or bust!

http://justalongfortherun.blogspot.com