Sub-4 Marathon Group

June 2013 (Read 44 times)

DetroitTigerFan

There are still issues.  Eric asks that people not try uploading more than once.  The processing was falling behind.  It will eventually catch up.

I'm able to load now too !

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

bagopux

First run of summer was also the first sweat-thru-your-shoes affair. 14 miles with 10 @ MP+:20 (turned out to be 9:26 per). Very happy with that. DTF - I find consistent paces to be difficult because of the hills around here. I try to keep my effort consistent and then do a fast finish every other long or medium length run. In the heat of summer, that consistent effort often translates to higher paces as I go on, but when the weather cools, it turns into consistent paces. I definitely think the FFs help.
      onemile

I ran 6.5 today. I was expecting since I ran faster yesterday that this one would be rough. But I ended up running 8:34 pace without it feeling hard. So I don't know.  Part of me wonders if I should pick a more aggressive GMP but then the other part of me knows the 3:35 paces will be plenty hard once I start back with the Hansons schedule.  I haven't really done any speedwork since pre-marathon back in April so I am thinking maybe my legs just don't feel beat up enough, hence the faster paces.

mdawg87

Good morning!  Done with 10 miles at an average 9:14 pace.  Hansons LR pace is 9:18 so I'm happy with that.  Was actually able to stay up and watch the entire Bruins/Hawks game last night.  That series is a slugfest.  Both teams just keep swinging until the final second.  Very entertaining.

Roll:  you called it.  I think we might see a game 7 though.  Although the potential loss of Bergeron for Boston and Toews for Chicago in game 6 throws a monkey wrench into predictions.  Toews seems more likely to play Monday since he remained on the bench for the 3rd period.

Bago:  i'm waiting for our normal stifling Atlanta humidity to set in.  It's a little later this year.  I'll take that!

onemile:  My paces feel very comfortable right now.  I'm guessing that will change once I get into the heart of Hansons.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Just woke up but planning on doing something close to 5 today.

bagopux, nice run.

onemile, it can also be the break you took while in Africa.  Whenever I rest, my legs are faster for a bit and then they go back to where they are supposed to be as the miles pile in.  I would give it two more weeks and see.

mdawg, nice 10.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

I've got a LR tonight, when the sun has come down a bit.

DTF, I don't know if I answered your LR question. But in the Hansons program, the LR is a long workout. So it's run at a slightly fast easy pace. So I try to get on pace after a couple of miles. If I've got anything left, I try for a fast finish--something like MP for the last mile.

Onemile, that is great to hear. I don't think you have to commit to a goal until Strength anyways.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Smashy!!!

Mdawg, what's your GMP?

onemile

cbus - that's a good point. I can always start with the 3:35 paces and adjust later on.  I just tend to overthink everything sometimes.  I remember questioning my GMP a time or two last winter Blush   Good luck on the LR tonight. I love running at night.

mdawg - very nice on the 10.  I think the Hansons paces always felt a bit hard for me from the beginning last time around so if they are feeling comfortable for you right now that is a really good sign.

onemile

Mdawg, what's your GMP?

8:30 baby! (sorry to speak for you Mdawg Joking Wink

Docket_Rocket

Cbus, have fun with the LR tonight.

onemile, I love running at night too.  At least the sun is not trying to kill me yet.  Question.  For the Hanson paces, you choose based on your current fitness and the tables he provided no?  Or if I want to train for a 4:05 I look that there and use those?  I don't recall.  I'm not using it this time around but I'm curious.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Smashy!!!

Docket, you pick a goal time, and then train around it. Presumably, you are picking a goal that is supported by data. But it can be an aspirational goal too. If its too ambitious, your training will tell you.

Smashy!!!

8:30 baby! (sorry to speak for you Mdawg Joking Wink

This is becoming a very speedy group. I probably don't belong here anymore, sniff, sniff.

Docket_Rocket

Thanks!

Docket, you pick a goal time, and then train around it. Presumably, you are picking a goal that is supported by data. But it can be an aspirational goal too. If its too ambitious, your training will tell you.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

bagopux

This is becoming a very speedy group. I probably don't belong here anymore, sniff, sniff.

Cbus, I'll help you hold down the low end. There are a a few runners here putting. up some good paces. I'm very happy for them. We all run our own races though. We do the best we can with the tools we are given.
                              Docket_Rocket

If Cbus does not belong, I am definitely not even close to be a member.

Damaris

Fundraising Page