Sub-4 Marathon Group

June 2013 (Read 44 times)

Docket_Rocket

LOL, maybe.  He usually sends me the first week and then the rest.  He is still working on it.  He did give me the mileage totals.  Now I'm scared.

Docket - Is your coach teasing you!?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I usually get that honor, except last month, which was bestowed to bago, if I remember.  Want to compete??????

One mile - you're a speed demon !!!!! nice race - that is fast ! Smile

Ami - glad you are feeling better during your run !

Sprinkles - wow - you are fast too !! nice LR

Indy - 70 miles on a bike ! If I rode that far, it wouldn't be my legs that hurt - lol ! i'm assuming you have special riding pants?

Hello and nice running to everyone ! hope your Sunday is going well

my QOTD - who will be the last to post in the June thread today ? Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

DetroitTigerFan

lol ! the question is would it be effective midnight eastern time or west coast time Smile

I usually get that honor, except last month, which was bestowed to bago, if I remember.  Want to compete??????

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Docket_Rocket

LOL.  True.

3.50 miles.  It was 96F and 74DP, not bad but for some reason my body just quit.  The lungs were not happy with the vapor coming out from the floor so I just quit.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Simon and RVD - where are y'all?

Not a lot to say.  Just grinding out the daily mileage.  This starts the last "easy" Hansons week, the one they call "Transition."  Next week I start the three week segment they call "Threshold."  I think this is where they try to wash you out, like when I was back in jump school to go Airborne back many moons ago.  This is the last time to change your mind and say, "Holy s**t, what did I get myself into!" and change plans.

Smashy!!!

Onemile, my comment was more an observation than anything else. Hansons has this reputation that they are about a "short" LR, and my comment was more about the effort involved rather than the number. As far as fretting about it being tough, I'm actually not worried at all. As I see it, if I can't keep the pace, then my goal is too aggressive--simple as that. So, yes, I expect it to get easier as it goes on.

It was an 11 second PR Joking  Not exactly what I was hoping for but... what can you do.  I'm sorta looking forward to starting my Hansons speedwork in a week.  My indoor track just got a remodel and I'm anxious to check it out.  Oh and I'm thinking I better stick to the 3:35 paces. For a second I thought maybe I could pull off the 3:30 but I don't think I'm there yet.

Cbus, Hopefully you'll find, as I did, that magically your legs get stronger somewhere about half way through and suddenly the LR pace is easy.

Indi - 70 miles on the bike? Damn.  Good luck on the test run. I'm crossing my fingers for ya.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

onemile

Not a lot to say.  Just grinding out the daily mileage.  This starts the last "easy" Hansons week, the one they call "Transition."  Next week I start the three week segment they call "Threshold."  I think this is where they try to wash you out, like when I was back in jump school to go Airborne back many moons ago.  This is the last time to change your mind and say, "Holy s**t, what did I get myself into!" and change plans.

Heh, I look forward to seeing how the plan works out.  I couldn't hack it for more than a few weeks.  And for Jedi - what the F happened to that dude?

Damaris - is Walter coaching you again? What kind of mileage does he have planned for you?

Cbus - there were many days I would have loved to just do a longer, slower whatever pace I feel like LR instead of having to be sure to hit the Hansons faster LR pace.

Strider24

Run Strider Run!

Great job AmiK!

Nice race Onemile!

Impressive weekly total Flinders!

Good week MA!

Cbus, nice job on the LR.  I am in your city today and happened to get an unintended 14 miles for the LR this morning.  Funny story, son is staying over at a relatives house and forgot his toothbrush.  My wife said why don't you run over there and drop it off?  So, I did thinking it would be about 10 miles round trip.  Turned out to be longer so I got in a 4 extra miles and felt the fatigue at the end.  Overall 14 at 9:10 (I know, too fast for LR)...  you're right though, it was a very nice morning for a run.

Indi, 70 miles is a lot, nice job.

Finished my longest week in a while (35) - don't know how you all get 50+ in a week!

Happy tomorrow is a rest day.

Good running all!

PR:  47:52 (10K), 1:48:17 (HM), 4:01:42 (FM)

Indi - I implore you, do not run tomorrow. that is too many miles on your legs and back (the day before) to run your first run back. The 70 miles and the fact that you enjoyed it is awesomeness but trust me, you may have pushed supporting (to running) muscles to close to failure. I fear it will result in your injury flaring up.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

ap4

Hey guys,

Just checking in.  I've been reading, but just too lazy to post anything in a timely manner.  Just finished up week 3 of Pftiz 18/70. So far so good.  Doing ok handling the mileage despite the heat, although I am finding the Lactate threshold runs a huge challenge.  I'm sure part of it all of my HM have been goal races, so tapered and on fresh legs.  Today's workout was 16 with 9 at MP and that felt a lot easier than 9 with 4 at HMP earlier in the week.  Go figure.  Stay cool, July here we come!