Sub-4 Marathon Group

June 2013 (Read 44 times)

dtf- Race is tomorrow Smile on my phone, so can't type well, but great time on the 10 miler!

PRs: 10k-44:36 (10/12), HM-1:44:55 (4/13), FM-3:41 (10/13)

mdawg87

Afternoon y'all!  Had a good race this morning.  1:47:27 for 2nd in F45-49 age group on a hilly course...and my last two miles were my fastest (7:59 and 7:46).  I wasn't trying to PR as I don't feel I'm in that shape yet.  This race was more of a fitness test.  I didn't even decide on what pace to run until the drive up this morning!  I decided to just go out at sub1:50 pace and pick it up in the latter miles if possible.  That's exactly what I did and crossed the finish line with something left in the tank.  So...I'm very pleased that I achieved my main goal which was to validate my marathon goal time of 3:45.

Indy:  you and your posts most certainly are relevant.  Keep 'em coming.

Nick:  good luck tomorrow!  Yes, I was just in FL.  My sister lives there and we're so close in Atlanta that we go often.

DTF:  congrats!  It 's been a good racing day for the donuts!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Mdawg - Congrats! I didn't realize you were racing today

Strider24

Run Strider Run!

Great job/time Mdawg!  Now onto Marathon training?

PR:  47:52 (10K), 1:48:17 (HM), 4:01:42 (FM)

Rusk Runner

Congrats mdawg!

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

DTF: Congrats on the PR!

mdawg: Congrats on the HM!  Did you get a trophy for your AG place?

Indy: No worries about the bike talk for now.  As I've mentioned before, I go back and forth about getting one about every three to four months.  I'll pull the trigger one of these days.

Ami:  Hope you feel better.

Nick: Good luck tomorrow!

akalei:  I don't have anything to add about your foot issue.  I tend to get muscle cramping in my feet if I ramp up too quickly, but that usually goes away with stretching and with more running.

Sprinkles, Docket, Cbus, Roll, Simon, Strider: Hi!

Hi to everyone I missed.

Re: sports:  For pros, I only care about baseball.  I'm on again off again with college football; my alma mater is I-AA, so I don't have much of an emotional connection to any one team. I tried to get interested in hockey these past couple of years while the Caps have been decent, but just can't seem to get into it.  I grew up in the South, so winter sports are a bit of a mystery to me.   I fenced in HS and my freshman year of college, so I have a soft spot for esoteric, olympic sports.

Me:  I took two days of; Thursday the off day was intentional; Friday it was pouring and I didn't have it in me to go outside.  I think the off days helped.  I did 6.5 @ 9:35 this afternoon, and I had a great run.  First run since my race that felt really good.  We'll see how well I bounce back; I'm planning on the same tomorrow.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Docket_Rocket

Congrats on the PR!

Nick - hope your race went well - looks like the weather cooperated today (although it would be nice to see a little sun soon -lol)

Me - ran a 10 Mile race and PB'd !!! I was aiming for 1:24 and came in in 1:20. Very hilly course but weather was overcast and 55.  All went well - although had to "jockey" for position. No pun intended since we started the first 1/2 mile on a horse race track -lol.  I did have one guy pass me at mile 4, then after a while he spit to the side I was on like 3 ft ahead of me. I'm like..come on.....really????   Other than that- great race. I'm proud of being able to hold that pace.   The course today also ran by my bosses house  - he video taped me running past his house - click on my blog link below to see Smile

One more 10K next week then Pfitz starts and the journey continues !

My afternoon run was blah.  94F and 76 dewpoint, sunny, and just yucky.  I cut it short just to get away from the tropical sun.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

DetroitTigerFan

Nick - lol - sorry about that - I keep getting things confused with Dexter/Ann Arbor - have a great race on Sunday !!! the weather should be great

Mdawg - nice recovery race and strong finish.  I did the same thing with pace - just kind of picked one and stuck with it - if I did better, then great. Do you look at your watch a lot for halfs?  I find that I look more at "lap pace" (quick glances a few times per mile) for the current mile as opposed to the total cumulative time - so my total finish time is a surprise since i dont pay attention to it (I figure if I hit my mile paces I know my "run rate" for if i'll be better or slower at the end, etc)

Docket  - aren't there any parks with greens / shade there? wow  - that's pretty hot !!

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Docket_Rocket

There is no shade where I live.  Palm trees all over, but palm trees provide zero shade.

Nick - lol - sorry about that - I keep getting things confused with Dexter/Ann Arbor - have a great race on Sunday !!! the weather should be great

Mdawg - nice recovery race and strong finish.  I did the same thing with pace - just kind of picked one and stuck with it - if I did better, then great. Do you look at your watch a lot for halfs?  I find that I look more at "lap pace" (quick glances a few times per mile) for the current mile as opposed to the total cumulative time - so my total finish time is a surprise since i dont pay attention to it (I figure if I hit my mile paces I know my "run rate" for if i'll be better or slower at the end, etc)

Docket  - aren't there any parks with greens / shade there? wow  - that's pretty hot !!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Great job Mdawg and DTF! Really well done.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

mdawg - great race!

I was going to do 12 tonight, but had a great big birthday dinner with dessert and a long island iced tea.  My body is not used to such indulgence.  So I guess I'll make it 12 in morning up "the big hill".

Did 5 last night.  While I was running, some girls cheered and clapped as they drove by.  That was a first.  I'll take it, whatever it was.

DTF - missed your race - good one

Morning everyone, about to head out to the race. You know, I used to think that a home town race was easier because you didn't have to worry about the stress of traveling, finding breakfast, etc. But, yesterday I spent the afternoon tiring myself out building a deck. Was supposed to be an easy, "replace one rotted board," type of thing, next thing I know I realize I have to rebuild. Not what you want to do the day before a race Smile And I have about 3 hours of work left to finish today when I get home. Outside work did make me wonder what Josh is up to.

Roll - Congrats on the finals. I was pulling for Chicago just because my mind always wants to think that my team is the second best team, and would have gotten to the finals if only they would have won one more game last round. But, have to root for Boston to win the cup. For some reason Boston was always my second favorite (favourite for the Canadians out there) team growing up.

Not sure when I will get back to a Internet connected device, so if anyone is interested, my results should be here around 9:15: http://rftiming.racetecresults.com/MyResults.aspx?CId=16365&RId=32&EId=3&AId=23768

mdawg87

Good morning!  SRD for me as I fly to FL in a few hours.  Looking forward to starting the Hansons quality work this week on the flats vs. my Atlanta hills.  Tried to stay up and watch the Kings/Blackhawks game last night, but only made it through the 2nd period.  I'm sure Roll is happy and cbus is sad this morning.

Thanks for all the race kudos!  Feeling good this morning.  No soreness, just a little stiff in the calves.  Nothing new there.  My friends the foam roller and the stick will take care of that.

Nick:  good luck today!

Flinders:  yes, I got a trophy.  Not sure what to do with it though.  Probably display it somewhere in DH 's office as that's where our race bib and medal hangers are.

Strider:  already in marathon training, but, yes, now the focus switches 100% to that.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Morning run went well  after the fiasco of last night's run.  THe cardiac drift last night was bad; today, not as much.  It will take some getting used to this 96F and 76 dewpoint during the day.  Bah.

Nick, good luck!  Enjoy!

mdawg, what part of FL will you be at?  If middle or North Florida, your weather should be nice.  If West FL, same.  If around here, sorry about that.  And if you are in South Florida, send me a PM.  Maybe we can do lunch or something.

Damaris

Fundraising Page