Sub-4 Marathon Group

December Donuts (Read 569 times)

I've ventured out to all of the boards and browsed the groups.  Some groups are more active than others.  Going for an hour long (whatever distance that lands me) run in a bit.

Thats is often my favorite....an escape, great time to mess with the pace depending on wether your feeling froggy.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Rusk Runner

Damaris - Get well.

Flinders -  I totally agree with your work shoes, etc... needing insoles while you are in the battle with PF.

SRD today and I am fighting the urge to get in a couple of miles on the down low.  Rest and recover, rest and recover.

I log Monday thru Sunday. LSR on Sunday, so everything is considered a prelude to the long run.

I came up with a plan for my GMP run this Sunday.  I am going to do the 3 warm up miles on my home route and then go into the GMP portion with a little more than a 250' elevation gain for about 3 miles.  This is more drastic than the 3 mile uphill that starts my goal race, but I figure this will help prep me for the race.  Of course there is a good decline for about two miles, but what the hell, it goes into a serious uphill effort again after that.  "Should be fun", he says as he attempts to catch his breath.

I am starting to go nuts wanting to try out a pair of pureflow 2's.  Christmas cant come fast enough.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Docket_Rocket

Mdawg, it's a Christmas ornament.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ball of Fury

MDawg:  They are good so far!  When I first start, I have some pain on the outside of my feet, almost like a bruise but it goes away after about a mile.  I don't know if its just because they are more firm than I am used to?

CBus:  I am really trying to slow down some of my runs but truthfully, this morning was about as slow as I can go....it barely felt like I was moving!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Smashy!!!

They are good so far!  When I first start, I have some pain on the outside of my feet, almost like a bruise but it goes away after about a mile.  I don't know if its just because they are more firm than I am used to?

Ami, I won't go into what I believe is causing that pain. I will just say that you are not alone. I felt it too. But it does eventually go away.

Also, I wasn't chastising you about your pace. I was just saying it makes sense that this run was harder than the longer run.  

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Ball of Fury

Chastise away...I can take it!!  On another note, I now have a bib number and corral assignment for this marathon...guess I have to actually run it now!!

bagopux

Tried to add a picture and it didn't work.  Used Chrome and IE.  When I look in my profile the little place where the picture should be is just that broken picture link icon, but I also have the option to delete the picture, which is only available if there is one uploaded, so it seems that its there, but its not really there.  Does anyone have any idea what I just said? Think I'll go for a run....

Smashy!!!

Tried to add a picture. Not sure if it worked.  Let's see....

... nope.  Noting there yet.  hmmm

If you are trying to add an avatar, make sure you do it under Forum Preferences instead of Profile. 

Ball of Fury

Tried to add a picture. Not sure if it worked.  Let's see....

... nope.  Noting there yet.  hmmm

Bago,

Make sure you have the picture under your forum preferences, not just under pictures.

bagopux

There we go!  That's me on the beach after Shamrock a few years back.  Ice bag on the knee and 3:53 in the bank.

Smashy!!!

Roll,

Just read your bio, and I had to laugh. Like you, I started running to better my health. But now running is the cause of all my health problems! 

Roll,

Just read your bio, and I had to laugh. Like you, I started running to better my health. But now running is the cause of all my health problems! 

Thanks Bus. Should have added that i have always been a class clown. I just enjoy laughing with people to much not to clown around. The wife is VERY patient.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Canuck

Morning all.  Didn't get in the second half of my planned double last night, it was pouring rain when I got home from work and I needed to do a few things around the house before heading out to dinner (which was delicious), so I said screw it.  Going to try for one today though, as it is lovely and sunny out.  Will run some miles at lunch and then some more this evening.  I'm the only one in my group who is in the office next week, so I will be doing lots of lunch runs.

I log Monday through Sunday as my LR is always on Sundays and most plans are also structured that way.  Virtually every major race here is on Sunday.

Bago - there you are.  Now you no longer look like an envelope.

Damaris - hope your head feels better.

PRs: 47:54 (10K); 1:46:36 (HM); 3:50:52 (FM)

Recovering from injured knee (PCL/Lateral Meniscus)

Trail Monster

Indiana, sounds like a good plan. What is GMP for you this go?

Ami, I wish your pace was slow for me! Ahhhh, someday. Hope the feet feel better soon.

Bago, I'm doing Shamrock for 2013. A 3:53 is way out of my reach but I will hope for a huge PR smile to post in my avatar!

Zoe, have a great run!

speed walked 5.5 miles at 14:28 average pace with inclines up to 4%. Definitely getting easier! I'd love to be able to sustain this pace above 6% grade by the time Burning River gets here!

oh, and that put me at 999.6 miles for the year thus far. *head explodes* Guess I'll go walking again tonight with the dogs to even it up.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Rusk Runner

Banshee - I was hoping (emphasize hoping) to go 8:10 to 8:15.  I will train at 8:10 and see how it goes.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!