Sub-4 Marathon Group

June 2013 (Read 44 times)

akalei

Hey all!  Happy Friday!  Still no running, but I went out for a 12 mile bike ride yesterday and, as much as I didn't really enjoy the bike ride itself, my IT band is showing improvement today.  I could feel the jealousy build everytime I went by someone running on the trail.  Also saw my primary care doc yesterday and got a referral to PT.  Going to try Graston for sure--that's why I picked the place I did.  Plus this PT does computerized gait analysis, and I'm interested even though I don't think that's the issue at all.

RVD, Sprinkles, Roll, Indi: Good to know about the pickle juice.  I'm a super salty sweater (say that 3 times fast), so come summer runs, I cramp up.  And I love my pickles, so the juice is always there.  Also, Sprinkles, I recently hopped on the apple cider (in hot water with some honey) bandwagon too.  It's supposed to be great for you and I've definitely noticed it helping breakouts!

cmb: woohoo to the tri!

Happy weekend (and running, biking, Insanity-ing), everyone!

My PR's! 5K: 21:54 | 10M: 1:16:55 | HM: 1:43:40 | Full: 3:51:56

2013: BQ or bust!

http://justalongfortherun.blogspot.com

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Got in 6 easy/recovery this morning. It's starting to really heat up here, so I'm not sure how I'm gonna manage.

Ami,had an idea to motivate your kid to ride a bike. Watch E.T. If that sequence with those kids riding away from the authorities and then flying away doesn't inspire him, then I don't know what will!

Indi, good luck at PT.

Happy running everyone!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Running at sunrise is sleeping in for me!  I've usually got feet on pavement, TM, etc. at 5 am!  Not sure I'll be on the Comet this Sunday.  I've only got 10 so may just do it close to the house.

I don't bother going over there for less than 15 or so.  It takes me around 35 minutes from Suwanee.

MA runner girl

Hey all! Haven't checked in for a few days. I had an IUD put in last week and had SEVERE cramps this week (sorry TMI for the guys Wink) So I didn't run on Wed or Thurs. I got in 6 miles on the bike trail tonight pushing the stroller. Averaged about 9:50mm. Felt kinda tough, but not too bad. Can't wait until 6 mile runs are easy again. Sigh. I'm moving my LR to Fridays for now, since I'll have Fridays off when I go back to work in two weeks. So not ready to go back.

Ack, sorry gotta run! C is calling...

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

mdawg87

Good morning!  6 easy miles a bit ago.  Heading off to the pool shortly.  DH arrived safely in CO and is prepping for the ride.  I think it starts tomorrow. I'll try to post a picture or two on here at some point.  He gets some epic views out there on top of the mountains.  

RVD:  Another day with lower than normal humidity.  Let's hope it lasts awhile!

Roll:  Thoughts on game 5 tonight?

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Just got back from 6 easy miles. It's really hot already. Hopefully we'll get some thunderstorms this week.

Happy running all!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

onemile

Are any of you guys able to upload your runs?  I see there's a note that the GPS importer is down but it looks like some of you were able to?  I drove to a really pretty trail to run yesterday (I'm in Spokane, WA this weekend) and then my stupid garmin died after only 1.25 miles so I had to turn around and go back and charge it even though I KNOW I had fully charged it on Thursday.  Joking   The second attempt went better and I ended up running 12ish... was feeling good so I thought I would try MP (8:12 for the last few).  But then I was running faster than that without it feeling hard so the last five ended up being  7:57, 7:52, 7:55, 7:56, 7:58.  It was starting to get hard near the end though.

onemile

Hey all!  Happy Friday!  Still no running, but I went out for a 12 mile bike ride yesterday and, as much as I didn't really enjoy the bike ride itself, my IT band is showing improvement today.  I could feel the jealousy build everytime I went by someone running on the trail.  Also saw my primary care doc yesterday and got a referral to PT.  Going to try Graston for sure--that's why I picked the place I did.  Plus this PT does computerized gait analysis, and I'm interested even though I don't think that's the issue at all.

Good luck with the PT. Graston was the only thing that helped my ITBS.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Slept 10 hours, bah.  Hope to get my first run in 5 days in.

onemile, eric had posted that the problem should be resolved so if you are still having issues let him know.  I think there is an Update 4 thread in the forums.  I have not run so I have nothing to upload and try.  The note must still be there by mistake.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

DetroitTigerFan

onemile - i'm also unable to upload. The last update was yesterday at 4pm it looks like, but haven't seen anything today yet. I'm waiting as well to upload and hope they fix it soon  - I like my data and graphs Smile

me - long run week 1 complete - 12 miles at 9:42.   Target 9:39-10:36.  Pace says i was a little fast today, but heart rate data says I was in the sweet spot. Next weekend - the run includes marathon pace miles so that should be fun

For those running long runs, do you prefer consistent paces, or start slow and finish fast/strong, or other ?

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

onemile: Nice run!  I don't use the uploader; just enter it manually.

Cbus: Nice 6!  Same here about the weather.  I got out the door a bit later than I wanted to this morning and struggled a bit in the heat.

indy:  Good luck on the PT.

akalei:  Glad to hear the ITB seems to be improving quickly.  And good luck with PT, too!

DTF: It depends.  I usually take a mile or so to warm up before I start worrying about pace on a LR.  I do them both ways, depending on how I am feeling.  Even pacing is good discipline for the race itself.  However, I sometimes try to run the LR as a cut down, where each quarter of the run is run at a pace 10 seconds or so faster than the previous quarter (or every two miles, etc.).  These also help with pace discipline.  I typically do the fast finish LRs later in training.  I had one run (last LR before taper for my last race, I think) where I cut down to finish the last three miles at GMP, which gave me a lot of confidence that my goal pace wasn't completely crazy.

Hi everyone else!

Me:  6.88 easy @ 8:42 yesterday; 6.55 easy @ 9:00 this morning.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

I am still unable to upload this morning's 10 mile run.  Guess I'll just wait and try every few hours or so.

Roll:  Thoughts on game 5 tonight?

We've got this. We are gonna try to silence Marchand again and I think today's the key.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

onemile

Looks to be working now.

I am still unable to upload this morning's 10 mile run.  Guess I'll just wait and try every few hours or so.

Looks to be working now.

There are still issues.  Eric asks that people not try uploading more than once.  The processing was falling behind.  It will eventually catch up.