Sub-4 Marathon Group

February 2013 (Read 64 times)

Docket_Rocket

For some reason I like mine on Sundays.

Docket: Thanks!  This will be the first time I comply with the Pfitz "Long run Sunday" plan- usually I run long on Saturday but I think I needed the sleep.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Rusk Runner

Kick it Sprinkles!!!!  You need to have a negative split on mile 4!  Make sure we get a good race report too.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Morning, all!  Shocked at the amount of chatter  over a Friday night/Saturday morning; the weather must be making a lot of us shut-ins. Smile

QOTD:  I routinely swap my LRs based on what life throws at me.  In the past I have run on Sundays because I was following the Higdon weekend loading plans, but now I find I like to run on Saturdays to get the LR out of the way.  I also think that now that I have gotten stronger, I don't get beaten up from a LR, so that I can go do a recovery run on Sunday morning.  Through my first cycle, I generally needed the Monday after a Sunday LR as a complete rest day.

Ami:  Hope you feel better!

akalei: Enjoy pilates!

Docket and nachos, don't rub it in that it is warm where you live. Big grin

Josh:  Thanks for the primer on cold weather dressing.  I don't have to deal with that type of cold, but it is helpful to know for days like today where it was 23F feels like 12F when I left my house this morning.  But for us, those temps are for a couple of days at a time, and then it will be back to our normal winter with highs in the 30s-low 40s.

Cbus:  I agree with Docket, those are reasons that you didn't perform as you wanted to, not excuses.  Now that you know that these things adversely impact your performance, you can plan around them for your next race.

Sprinkles:  Good luck on your race, and Smash It!!

Simon, Dreamn, onemile, indy, and anyone else I missed:  Hi!

Nice running everyone.

Me:  Long run this morning to run the first 2/3s of the course for my HM in March. They moved the start line, so the first half is different, and makes it have one short, very brutal hill rather than a long, soul-crushing pull, so I wanted to run up the hill to see for myself what it will be like.  Not fun in a race is the answer, but it is short enough that it shouldn't kill me.  12.7 @ 8:48.  The LR turned into a progression run because the second half was downhill.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Smashy!!!

Sprinkles, smash it!!! Find the nearest sparkle skirt, and then draft and pass! Oh yeah, and don't let anyone wearing Oiselle (which I love btw) get you off your game. Joking Be sure to reward your race-smashing with some Milk n Cookies.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

mdawg87

Afternoon all!  Cold in the ATL this morning by our standards.  It was 24 degrees at the mdawg house.  No wind though, so pretty good running weather.  DH did a 12 miler starting at 7:30 am and loved it.  Me?  Well, still rehabbing so 1 hour on the elliptical and stretching at the gym this morning.  Tomorrow is the first attempt at running for an hour.  I was close to it on Thursday with no issue so I'm hoping all goes without incident.

AmiK:  good thoughts sent your way.  You have had a tough few weeks.  I think once you get back in the swing of eating well and training, your body will bounce back.  

Docket:  I'm with Banshee.  I'm more comfortable in the warmer temps.  However, that's without the lovely humidity that you and I both suffer through...you more so than me.  Throw that in, and it's miserable.

Josh:  I heard the groundhog in Pennsylvania predicted an early spring this morning.  Let's hope he was right.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

White Lightning

And after my whole long post about dressing, I way over dressed today and didn't realize it until half way away from my car.  Made for a very uncomfortable 5.2 mile recovery run.  Paces were all over the place and finally averaged 10:29.  Legs sore because I went too hard on my leg workout last night, oops.  Hope I am ready for tomorrow's MP run, my first of the cycle.

Play the Game Hard!

Rusk Runner

Youre gona be fine Josh.  Mind your wardrobe tomorrow.

Nice run Flinders!

Keep at it Mdawg!!

Docket -  I like long runs on Sunday also.

Had to put the trail shoes on today for the snow.  Got the 6 done at a faster pace than what I was shooting for but not too bad.  9:02 avg.

Drove my normal long run route on the way home to see if it was cleared of snow.  Everyhting looked good so I should be able to get in my scheduled GMP run.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Docket_Rocket

My 10 miles are done but I was wheezing and coughing and was not breathing well.  Still, I pulled off a very nice pace considering half of my lungs were not working.  I hate days like this.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

MORNING!

5 recovery miles done, ahead of all of you, slackers!

Have a nice day!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Sprinkles, good luck at your 4 miler! Whip it good!

Docket, nice!

Hope everyone has good runs today!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

onemile

Good luck Sprinkles! Kick some butt!!

Ball of Fury

Good luck today Sprinkles!  Nice job Docket!  I am headed out now...20 degrees, feels like 7 with 10-15 mph winds!  Can't wait!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

nachosgrande

So how did all those frigid long runs go?

Got in 10 @ 9:03 this morning.  Ran yesterday's at MP so the legs were just not there today.  Time to ice down.

Docket_Rocket

Good luck, Sprinkles!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

onemile

Speaking of long runs in the cold, do you find that the extra layers and frigid temps slow you down?  I felt like a marshmallow yesterday with 2 pants and three layers on top. Roll eyes