Sub-4 Marathon Group

December Donuts (Read 569 times)

Canuck

Great 12 miles tonight, weather was perfect, overcase, no wind and 41 degrees.  Glad I skipped the horrible weather last night for this.

The Adizero Bostons are a good everyday trainer.  I would describe them as firmer than some of my other trainers like the Vomeros or the 890s, but I found them very comfortable and they feel fast.  That reminds me, I should break them out for a run, I haven't run in them in a few months and they still have some miles left on them. The Adizero Adios are also nice if you want something even lighter.

PRs: 47:54 (10K); 1:46:36 (HM); 3:50:52 (FM)

Recovering from injured knee (PCL/Lateral Meniscus)

Rusk Runner

4 unsheduled treadmill miles @ 10:00 pace.  Worked on form for 40 minutes and found decided why my treadmill efforts have always been so different from road running.  I really put my mind on forward lean (POSE method), and it made my run on the dreadmill much less dreadful.

10 miles easy this morning @ 9:11 avg pace.  A brisk 21 deg morning but very clear skies.  I saw a meteor and about 3 shooting stars.  Used a different HRM today and got readings that I know are different from the original.  I will put my original back into use this weekend, as I do not want to do another max HR test anytime soon.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I had a busy evening.  Left early to go to the chiro because my lower back was killing me.  Then, ran 9 miles and then watched a movie with DH while ordering pizza for both.  Much done.

I ran some of the miles this morning as I am working from home.  More miles tonight.

As to Mizunos, most run true to size for me.  There are a few that their website say to order 1/2 size bigger but even then they fit fine on size.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

sramaley

Got in 4 miles @9 min pace on the TM yesterday.

Happy bday cmb. Glad to be back in the warmer south. Do not know how you do it up there.

Ind - thanks. Have to check that out.

Weights today and spin tomorrow.

Have a great day donuts.

cmb4314

Morning!  SRD here, and I need it desperately.  Finally, enough snow melted yesterday that the plowed paths are very runnable.  

Of course, it is going to snow another 6 inches on Saturday, so fingers crossed that my 20 miler on Sunday goes decently.  It may have to be tiny loops around my neighborhood, but it will NOT be on a treadmill this week.

I wear the same size in Mizunos that I wear in other shoes.  That said, I can run comfortably in a half size up from street shoes, but go up a full size because of a funky toe that insists on rubbing the top of the shoe unless I give it a LOT of space.  So, I might not notice if they were a little small if they had a tall enough toebox, since I would have enough length anyway.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

mdawg87

Good morning!  7 TM miles this morning w/5 @ GMP.  Calf is almost normal.  Did some extra stretching to it afterwards.  I should be able to run my Atlanta hills this weekend as normal.  I also will start some early morning outside runs with my new training partner next week.  Should be interesting as I haven't run at 5 am in the cold.  I'm sure I'll be whining the first few runs!

Running shoe size related...I wear a full size up in running shoes no matter what the brand.  I'm pretty much exclusively a Saucony girl, but have tried on Mizuno, Nike, Brooks, etc.  It's the same for those brands too.  I wear a 6.5 in dress shoes and a 7.5 in running shoes.

Happy belated birthday cmb!  Hope you have decent conditions for your 20 miler this weekend.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

akalei

Morning, donuts!

Happy belated, cmb!

Got in 5.5 with pup yesterday evening, and for once, not at the local park.  It was too dark, so we tried running around a nearby neighborhood and I was happy with how well he did.  I must say, he was quite cute in his reflective vest, too.  I'm glad I found somewhere that we can run in the evenings, because it was getting frustrating only being able to run in daylight hours.

Re: Running shoe size.  I also go up a size, generally.  My PFs are a 9.5, and I usually wear an 8-8.5, depending on the shoes.  My Newtows were/are a 9 and fit pretty well, too.  It all depends.  I've found that the shoefitr thing on RW's website is really helpful with sizing.

P.S. While the page was loading from the "User Groups" page to the donuts group, I noticed a Nickelback fan group... might have to check that out for some laughs.  Has anyone else branched out on this site, group-wise?  I'm loyal to you guys so far Wink

My PR's! 5K: 21:54 | 10M: 1:16:55 | HM: 1:43:40 | Full: 3:51:56

2013: BQ or bust!

http://justalongfortherun.blogspot.com

Smashy!!!

Has anyone else branched out on this site, group-wise?  I'm loyal to you guys so far Wink

That sounded ominous...

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Smashy!!!

Hey all, 

Got in 4 very slow miles today (avg. 10:06), as I've been feeling a little tired.

Mdawg, glad to hear the calf is feeling better. Have fun on the 5AM run. Having a buddy should make it easier. 

Sprinkles, not an expert, just a nerd. 

Docket, pizza sounds good. 

CMB, hope the conditions are good for the 20. I don't know what's worse: 20 on the treadmill or 20 laps around the neighborhood. 

Great running everyone! 

Oh yeah, I almost forgot: I agree with Zoe--lurkers come forth and make thy presence known!

akalei

That sounded ominous...

Haha! Maybe it was.....

My PR's! 5K: 21:54 | 10M: 1:16:55 | HM: 1:43:40 | Full: 3:51:56

2013: BQ or bust!

http://justalongfortherun.blogspot.com

Docket_Rocket

LOL.

I have several groups, especially the BF which moved from RWOL here.  But I still love you guys and would follow you anywhere.

And THAT sounded ominous.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Smashy!!!

LOL.

I have several groups, especially the BF which moved from RWOL here.  But I still love you guys and would follow you anywhere.

And THAT sounded ominous.

Stalker much?

Trail Monster

Zoe - great run!

indiana - nice workouts! I've found the same thing with the treadmill. Really focusing on form makes it feel a lot easier!

Damaris - Hope the back is feeling better today. Nice mileage! I also saw you didn't have asthma issues despite the humidity. Finally! You've worked so hard and I can't wait to see what you do in the spring!

Seth - do you think spinning helps your running? I was starting to do 30 minutes on my trainer every other night but haven't kept up with it. I think I might start again.

Cmb - did you get anything good for your birthday? Hope the snow doesn't mess up your LR!

Mdawg - glad the calf is feeling better!

akalei - I hear you on the dark! I cut 10 minutes off one of my runs this week because I could no longer safely run or see. I'll be digging out my vest and flashlight for the rest of the winter I guess.

Cbus - nice 4. Hope they set you right again!

As for other groups, I'm in the BF, Trailer Trash, Ultra, and Women's groups too. 

6.5 miles in just under an hour today. Did 7 x 800m with 400m recovery. The 800's took me 4:17 each. Maybe by spring I'll be close to 4? Probably going to end up in the 40's this week for the first time in quite awhile. I'm excited!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Docket_Rocket

Stalker much?

I'm outside your house, haven't you noticed?Big grin

Damaris

Fundraising Page

whats the BF? IS that the beginners forum?

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27