Sub-4 Marathon Group

January 2013 (Read 482 times)

onemile

Zoe - sorry your shin is bothering you.

CMB- Graston would be a good idea I think.

indiana - when you put it that way, I can't wait for my workout tonight.  Undecided  14 miles in 30mph wind sounds quite refreshing.

Rusk Runner

onemile - yeah, and actually I was mistaken.  Its bracketed by about three miles of running.  Perspective.  With the right perspective you smile just like your avatar.  I think I have some short intervals next week.  Its probably kind of demented, but I really do enjoy the intervals.  I probably would not if the speed was faster than 5K pace.  But I remember last cycle that the intervals were some of the most enjoyable parts of the plan.  Maybe I change my mind when I am running a Hansons plan.

Remember to smile when it hurts.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

onemile

I like easy runs Smile  I think I picked the wrong plan.

It's really that 1600 in the middle that scares me the most.

I have a hard time running 5k pace outside of a race. (well I have a hard time inside of a race too).

onemile - yeah, and actually I was mistaken.  Its bracketed by about three miles of running.  Perspective.  With the right perspective you smile just like your avatar.  I think I have some short intervals next week.  Its probably kind of demented, but I really do enjoy the intervals.  I probably would not if the speed was faster than 5K pace.  But I remember last cycle that the intervals were some of the most enjoyable parts of the plan.  Maybe I change my mind when I am running a Hansons plan.

Remember to smile when it hurts.

Trail Monster

Wow! I just had an AWESOME workout! 8.5 miles @ 9:11 average. This included a ladder of 1 mile, 800m, 400m, 200m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1 mile. I did the miles at 7.6 MPH, the 800m's at 8 MPH, the 400m at 8.2 MPH, and the 200m at 9 MPH. Seriously impressed with myself!

And I've been a bad donut. I keep saying I will get back for personals and I haven't for a couple days. I will keep that promise tonight! I swear on my donut!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Rusk Runner

Banshee - could be you are running so fast, you are forgetting the rest of us.  bad, bad, naughty donut.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

cmb4314

Well, I now have a PT appointment on Friday morning.  We shall see what they say.  Honestly, my right leg is so damned crooked that having a PT look at it is probably not a bad thing in the grand scheme of things, anyway.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

onemile

Speedy intervals Banshee! Glad to see you're getting comfortable with pushing it!

White Lightning

Met some, who seem, pretty knowledgeable people at the LRS today.  We tried on 15 different pairs of shoes and by the end of it was a toss up by what felt the best between the Mizuno Nexus 7 and the Inspire 9, opted for the Nexus.  Crazy how shoes that say they are so similar fit so differently.  They stressed not to over do it, use them on my shorter runs for the time being and see how it goes.  Also challenging because there's just a limited supply of shoes up here and they are all very expensive.  The Inspire 9's are $159.99 here while on runningwarehouse they are $103.95

So got 8 GA miles on the TM at 9:54 and 1% incline, with paces all the way down to 9:00.  I could tell the difference but was it better? <shrugs> I had more power in the left it felt, just don't know.  Right hip still giving me issues so we'll see what chiro can do tomorrow about it.  My Adrenaline 13's are finally here so will give them a try on Thursday and see how they feel.  Chest & Back workout later tonight

Banshee - killer run

Play the Game Hard!

mdawg87

Good afternoon!  5 TM rehab miles at a 10:00 pace and stretching at the gym this morning.  I can still feel some tightness in the calf, but nothing else.  All the stretching exercises feel the same on both calves except for the slight tightness still in the right one.  Will ease it up to 5.5 miles on Thursday.  I am following the doc's advice and gradually increasing to an hour of running.

Zoe:  Ugh...I hope your shin pain is nothing serious.  I'm apprehensive about any speedwork since this injury.  Although, it will definitely only be easy miles for a good while so I'm obsessing a little too early about that.

Sprinkles/cbus:  What is this Milk n Cookies ice cream you speak of?  I'm a sucker for anything with oreo type flavors.  Is it B&J's version of Cookies and Cream?

Banshee:  Nice workout!

All of the donuts battling wind and weather stay safe, warm and dry!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

nachosgrande

Banshee - could be you are running so fast, you are forgetting the rest of us.  bad, bad, naughty donut.

Beat me to it!  Nice running, Banshee.  Smile

mdawg - so glad to see you increasing the miles again.

josh - good luck with the new shoes.

Smashy!!!

Mdawg, Milk n' Cookies is like Cookies n' Cream, but instead of Oreos, it uses chocolate chip and chocolate chocolate chip cookies, with fudge and cookie swirl. It tastes a lot like CnC, but with a B&J's twist. It's awesome!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Canuck

Speaking of Ben and Jerry's, we have a flavor up here called "If I Had a Million Flavors".  Apparently the same one in the States is called "Everything but The".  It is chocolate and vanilla ice cream with mini peanut butter cups, chocolate covered almonds, white chocolate and chocolate covered toffee.  Amazing.

PRs: 47:54 (10K); 1:46:36 (HM); 3:50:52 (FM)

Recovering from injured knee (PCL/Lateral Meniscus)

Ball of Fury

Ok so I just sat here and typed a very lengthy post with personals and for whatever reason the computer didn't post it and it got erased Angry.  So, in summary, you are all doing some great runs, especially those speedy intervals for one mile, Jedi, CBus, and Banshee.  Welcome Chewbacca.  Zoe, I hope your pain is better and nothing serious and glad MDawg's recovery is going well.  Docket needs to take a whole day off sometime!  I know I am forgetting some and I am sorry....damn computer!  Anyway, I still have this cold and didn't go to work again today, but I couldn't stand to take another day off so DH and I went to the track to test out running intervals before we start our program next week.  We did 2 mile warm-up and then 4 x 400 with 400 recovery jogs.  I did the first 2 too fast @ 6:57/mile but then hit the next 2 @ 7:15/mile, which was my goal.  They were hard but fun, but I am a bit concerned about doing 12 of them next week.  I was pretty tired today and it was hard to breathe, but I am  hoping it's because of the cold.  We decided to stop then and just do 1.5 mile cool-down as my ITB was starting to ache a little and I was having a coughing fit.  Quick question if ya'll don't mind:  we start our Hanson plan next week and the next 3 Tuesdays, I have to work over 12 hours.  So, I am going to need to run around 4 AM.  Should I do those at the track...does anyone use knuckle lights?  Or should I just use the TM so I don't have to run around a dark track?  I don't mind running early in my neighborhood in the dark, but am a little nervous about the track.  Thanks!  Those of you I missed on personals, I will catch tomorrow.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Trail Monster

Indy - I agreed with you about 5k pace until tonight. All of my intervals were faster than 5k pace except the miles which were just about 5k pace. I actually felt pretty good through most of them. Maybe that just means my 5k pace is going to be lower next time I run one! Wink

cmb - Hope the PT can help you!

onemile - thanks! I'm definitely getting more comfortable with the paces. I think it's more that I'm getting into the kind of shape where McMillan's paces actually make sense. Smile

josh - hope the new shoes help you out!

mdawg - glad to hear your return is coming along well!

Ami - I would do the intervals on the treadmill at first. It will help you nail down the pace and you won't have to worry about running in the dark. If you want to move outside after a week or two you'll probably hit the paces better with some practice behind you. That's my 2 cents.

My next Graston appointment is tomorrow. My thigh is still black and blue but no longer tender. I'm a little afraid and a little bit looking forward to telling him how much I hated him for most of the last 10 days.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Smashy!!!

Chubacca, welcome!

Ami. If you're nervous about the track in the dark, then I'd do it on the TM. But more importantly, you gotta get the ITBS treated or else you won't be able to run the workouts and miles effectively.

Banshee, nice workout.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)