Sub-4 Marathon Group

February 2013 (Read 64 times)

Good luck with the stress test Bago, I hope all is fine.

Nice pace Akalei!

Roll, good thing you did.

Banshee- I wish you a quick recovery, no idea what advice to give!

Ran 17k, I think 10 and a bit miles, and was attacked by a snarling dog, ears back and hair on neck raised (his not mine).

Faced him and yelled at him, and was ready to kick but his owner called him and in a few seconds he crossed the road and went back where he belonged. Owner apologised, no harm done. I have never seen or heard a dog at that house and have run the route a hundred times, perhaps the dog is usually kept in the back yard.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

White Lightning

Crazy busy here.  Tax man decided it was our turn to have a look at our books for the last 7 years.  Luckily we are a very small business so its pretty straight forward but talk about throwing you to the wolves learning how to run a small business.  Anyways, my 10 turned to 5 recovery miles at 10:12 yesterday because ITB was really bad.  I was running in my new Adrenaline 13's and they just don't fit and feel right despite being the same size as my 12's.  Chiro worked me over with my first real Graston last night plus she reset the bones in my right foot, back and hip, what a difference.  Slight bruising and a bit tender but feel really good and loose.  Today I made up my 10 GA at 9:27 and finished the last two at 8:50 and 8:46.  Bit too quick maybe but felt great, HR's still in range though.  Not sure what it is but I have a magic 5-6 mile mark where running gets much easier.

Anyways, will catch up later.  Hope everyone is getting their runs in

Play the Game Hard!

Rusk Runner

Simon -  Way to stand your ground.  Good run too.

Josh - Way to recover.

Amik - Good luck, and I hope you get your run in.  Enjoy the race tomorrow and make sure we get a report.

Zoe -  hope your run goes well and pain free.

Today was a day where I had a more than sincere lack of motivation and energy.  I had to pry my running clothes on and literally cuss myself through every single mile.  12 miles 8:56 average pace and I was tired and unpleasant on my return.  I will probably just run my 10 at recovery pace tomorrow.  I really need to try and get a better nights sleep tonight.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Got in 6 @ 10:04. It's the day after my Tempo, so I took it nice and easy. Still sucked tough. Will be back later for personals.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Banshee, I agree with zoe, you might just need a break.

Simon: Nice miles!  I always get nervous when there are dogs without visible owners or means of restraint.

Indy: We all have crummy runs now and then.  A good sleep can do wonders.

Cbus: 6 the day after one of the Hansons tempo is nothing to sneeze at.

Josh: Nice 10!  Sorry you had to deal with the taxman.  Never fun.

Hi to everyone else!  Nice running!

Me:  Double today.  3.8 easy @ 8:19 at lunch.  7.9 easy @ 8:33 this evening.  Both runs were right at freezing with rain and sleet for parts of them.  But there was no wind to speak of, which made the run pleasant.  Funny how getting windblown for the past three weeks has made windless freezing rain fun to run in.  Smile

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

mdawg87

Hey y'all from Park City, UT!  No travel issues today.  Ready to ski tomorrow in the fresh pow pow!

Sports doc told me I could start a slow transition to outside running!  Still need to keep it at an easy pace and no more than one hour at a time every other day.  I see him again in 2 weeks. 

Will try for some shout outs tomorrow.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  I was so productive at work I could not see well after I finished, oy.

Ran 3.11 recovery miles.  HR was at recovery pace and pace was faster than normal, which bodes well.

Have a nice night!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

I was dreading my 6 miles all day today because my Friday runs ALWAYS suck. Day after the tempo run and my legs are usually beat up and it's a slow recovery slog.  But strangely enough my run tonight was awesome.  It was definitely unexpected. It wasn't super fast but I ran at my normal easy pace and it actually felt...pleasant. I wish there was a way to make it happen again!

Docket_Rocket

You are getting better!  Great job.

I was dreading my 6 miles all day today because my Friday runs ALWAYS suck. Day after the tempo run and my legs are usually beat up and it's a slow recovery slog.  But strangely enough my run tonight was awesome.  It was definitely unexpected. It wasn't super fast but I ran at my normal easy pace and it actually felt...pleasant. I wish there was a way to make it happen again!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

Thanks but I think it was just a fluke. It was a nice surprise though Smile

You are getting better!  Great job.

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Indi, but you got it done. Good job.

Josh, how're you liking the Graston?

Mdawg, glad to see the massive improvement. Have fun skiing.

Onemile, I agree with Docket, I think you're adapting. Continuing hitting your paces, and you've got this race in the bag.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Rusk Runner

Well I did no thave any motivational issues this morning but the first thing I noticed is that I am coming down with a cold.  Glad I did not schedule a tune up race because there is no way that would have happened anyway.  Went ahead and did a really short kind of progression run this morning.  I was running on dead legs from the start.  w/u 9:21, then 8:48, 52, 41,12, c/d 9:24.  I am going to get on the mill for 4 recovery miles later this afternoon.

Hope I am good to go for 17 tomorrow.  I will keep it on the slow end of LSD pace and be sure to bring plenty of water.

Onemile - Thats the way I felt on last weeks 21 miler.  It seems during MRT you get a few of those confidence boosting, energy building runs.  But for the most part you get tired, tired, and more tired.  Thats been my experience anyway.  Even in times like what I am going through right now, I know that after taper I am going to be feeling great and ready to race.  I am glad you had that easy feeling and I hope you have more before the training is done.  Either way, I am sure youve got your race in the bag!

Just Run!!!

White Lightning

Cbus - Not sure yet because I still need to find out what's causing it and the other problems i'm having.  I had nightmares about shoes all night last night.  The Adrenaline 13's are not the shoe for me so I need to start looking for something different.  My LRS has been good working with me.  I've got a pair of Asics GT 2000's i'm giving a shot today.  Felt good in the store but has a slight heel drop that makes me nervous.  I'm going to try them on my 5 recovery miles today.  I can return them within two weeks as long as I keep them on dry paths.  I tried the Mizuno Wave Inspire 9 that I really liked but the D was a bit too narrow so they ordered in a 2E for me to try next week.  I tried on the Ravenna 4 but was just a bit too narrow and doesn't come in a 2E, i'm finding a lot of that.  There is a lot of frustration in my typing right now.

Onemile - this training thing sure is a roller coaster isn't it?  My run yesterday started grumpy, angry, darkness, ready to kick dogs and kids then finished with smiles, flowers, butterflies, sunshine and running through meadows with kids and dogs playing fetch.  Great job on your tempo

mdawg - Enjoy the slopes today!!!  I'm very jealous.  No comment on the new book yet, still waiting on it to arrive.

Zoe - I might move out that way in the next few years.  I actually have my name on a few waiting lists for live aboard boat slips in Vancouver, for like 5 years now, but very long waiting lists.  I've thought very seriously about Victoria but the whole job thing isn't quite as strong as Vancouver for me.

Simon - Nice job on the 17

Bad news from my Doc yesterday, Cholesterol is back up so audios meat again.  I refuse to take the drugs.

Play the Game Hard!

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Onemile:  You're getting stronger.  Smile  Those runs are fun, aren't they?  Especially if you think it is going to be terrible going into it.

mdawg: Jealous about the skiing.  But awesome on the news!  Glad you can run outside again!

Indy:  Hope you can stave off the cold.  Good luck on the 17 tomorrow!

Josh:  It is annoying when the manufacturers change a perfectly good shoe, isn't it?  Hope you like the Mizunos when you get them in a wider pair.  Cbus and I are on a mission to get everyone converted to Mizuno. Smile

Docket: Glad the recovery miles went well!

Hi to everyone else!

Me:  Long run this morning.  16.3 @ 8:33.  37 and heavy drizzle that was rain at times.  This was one of those runs that I started out thinking was going to suck: I was tired, I overslept, which means that there would be more traffic out so I'd have a choppier run waiting for traffic lights, and it was cold and rainy.  But tomorrow will be cold and windy, and I'm at the point of the winter that I will do raw and wet so as to avoid wind.  There was also an element of the mental game-playing that I do with myself each time I stretch out a long run: It still seems daunting and part of me tries to psych myself out about running farther than I did last week.  But in the end I won against the internal chicken. I'm glad I did because it turned into a very good run, even if I was soggy and cold by the end of it.  The last three miles were tough because I was a bit dead-legged by then, but nothing out of the ordinary for my first run over 13ish since October.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Rusk Runner

Thats a mighty strong pace for a 16 mile LSD, Flinders!  Good Job, and I am glad you enjoyed it!

Just Run!!!