Sub-4 Marathon Group

July 2013 (Read 44 times)

Rusk Runner

I guess I will open up July for discussion!

HAPPY JULY, DONUTS!

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Smashy!!!

Happy July!

Indi, thanks for getting us started. Did you read Roll's comment to you in June?

Onemile, I had the same thought about running whatever LR at whatever pace v Hansons paced LR.

Ive got 6 easy/recovery miles on tap this morning. Happy running all!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I made the mistake of waking up at 5am and go out to run.  89F and 78DP made me almost cry.  6 of the slowest miles I've ever done.  Stupid dewpoint.

Marathon training has started, albeit like a turtle.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

mdawg87

Morning all!  Abs, 5 easy TM miles, and stretching at the gym this morning.  Short week for all I hope.  Big pool plans for us this weekend including a smoked beef brisket.  Mmmm...can't wait for that.  I have 47 miles on the schedule this week.  Is it weird that I'm excited about that?  DH got home from CO yesterday and is all ready to move out to Boulder.  I had to explain that would not be happening as there is no beach anywhere close and you have to put a coat on in the winter.

Hello and happy July Indy and cbus!

Off to check out the unread posts in the June thread.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

bagopux

Marathon training has started, albeit like a turtle.

I saw a turtle last week while I was running.  Judging by its pace, I think he was doing a Galloway program.

8.5 this morning with 15 x 1 min @ 3k pace w/ 1 min recovery ... in the pouring rain.  51 miles last week.  yay.

Rusk Runner

Cbus - Yes I did, and I decided to follow his advice.  My legs actually feel really good this morning but, I stuck with a good round of stretching and will put off running until tomorrow morning.  I will be running on the treadmill (as advised by PT) so if I get in any trouble I can just hop off and ride the bike later in the day.  Still debating whether or not to ride in the local bike race on Thursday.  Not wanting to compete, but I will be wanting to do a 20 mile ride that day anyway and the race is 21 miles.

PT later this afternoon and I will do B2R strength and core strength exercises tonight.  Hope to have happy dreams about running tonight which will translate to a pain free run when I wake up in the morning.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Smashy!!!

6 @ 10:45 in the books.

Mdawg, you've been loving the pool these days! Is this a new thing?

Smashy!!!

Good decision. No reason to risk it now.

Cbus - Yes I did, and I decided to follow his advice.  My legs actually feel really good this morning but, I stuck with a good round of stretching and will put off running until tomorrow morning.  I will be running on the treadmill (as advised by PT) so if I get in any trouble I can just hop off and ride the bike later in the day.  Still debating whether or not to ride in the local bike race on Thursday.  Not wanting to compete, but I will be wanting to do a 20 mile ride that day anyway and the race is 21 miles.

PT later this afternoon and I will do B2R strength and core strength exercises tonight.  Hope to have happy dreams about running tonight which will translate to a pain free run when I wake up in the morning.

Indi - I am most proud brother.

DRock - congrats on the Albuterol free streak !!!

MDawg - we cant wait to sell this house and move into one that has a pool in the backyard. with three boys, its almost a must in this heat.

Cbus & Bags - nice workouts.

Ami - how are those legs after your first run back?

I finished the week off at 36. I was on track for 40+ but my little buddy (6yr old) wanted to ride his bike with me while I ran the trail and it was to hot to have him out there more than 30 minutes or so. So my last run was cut from 7miles back to 3.? miles. Well worth the sacrifice. We are getting ready to fly to Kansas City MO this Wednesday (wife's family). 4 days left of the RW Challenge. Legs feel great but I am ready to move back to 6 days/week.

As July 4th approaches, I would like to thank those of you that served in the armed forces and helped to keep this country "the land of the free and the home of the brave"!!!! While it is the celebration of our Independence and not Memorial Day, it does not go without appreciation that we maintained our Independence through the blood, sweat and tears of our protectors.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Docket_Rocket

Thanks, Roll.

I just got my full training plan.  I am officially scared shitless.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

cmb4314

Happy July!

I just found out that I get a shorter week than I thought - I don't have paid vacation so I figured I'd have Thursday off for the holiday, but I'd work on Friday.  But, I found out that the company has assigned one of their floating holidays to Friday, so the company is closed on Friday as well Smile  I'm out ~$100 since I can't work that day (and I have no intention of trying to smoosh 40 hours into three days), but hooray, 4 day weekend.

FINALLY got out for a solid bike ride yesterday.  15 miles, averaged ~14 mph, which isn't too bad considering that we were on the rail trail and had to slow down every half mile or so for a street crossing, as well as avoiding pedestrians and slower bikes.  I think that biking is going to be good for me - I knew my hips were weak, but after an hour of biking I feel like I did 100 squats.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Docket_Rocket

Sounds like a good result, cmb (a bit of money lost but a great weekend).  Good workouts.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

mdawg87

6 @ 10:45 in the books.

Mdawg, you've been loving the pool these days! Is this a new thing?

Nope.  It's every spring/summer/fall for us.  We love the pool!  It gets warm here in early spring and stays warm until mid fall so we have lots of time in the water!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Ball of Fury

Happy July Donuts!!  Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs this morning...made it through with no breaks again, so I was happy about that!!  I don't have a Shaun T. quote of the day, but how about a Shaun T. fact of the day:  I just read his estimated net worth is $10 million!!  I gotta get a new job!

Indy:  I so hope you have a pain free run tomorrow morning!!

CBus:  Nice easy 6.  We are definitely coming up to Columbus Wed-Sat.  We are doing the zoo and COSI Thurs and Friday, but not yet sure which day is which.  Probably the zoo whichever day seems to have the best weather.  There is another family with their 3 kids Shocked coming with us so we have to take that into account as well.  I will definitely let you know though!

Docket:  Good lord...that just sounds awful!!  Idk how you and Roll deal with that much heat!

MDawg:  Nice workout today!  I envy your pool time...we have a neighborhood pool that we visit frequently, but it's just not the same with 2 kids running around!

Bago:  51 miles....awesome!

Roll:  It definitely sounds worth the sacrifice!  Congrats for making it through the RW challenge...very nice (assuming you don't blow it in the next 2 days that is Wink).  I was super surprised at how sore my legs were this morning, especially the calves...ouch!  Hip is a tad achy but nothing bad at all.  Hope to run again tomorrow.

Cmb:  Nice bike ride and congrats on the unexpected long weekend!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Quick drive by for me today.  6.45 easy @ 8:47.  First couple of miles were rough; my legs were still a bit banged up from the LR yesterday, but the last two miles felt great.

Hi all!

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33