Sub-4 Marathon Group

January 2013 (Read 482 times)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have SRD # 2 with weights and kickboxing.  Doing a bunch of nothing went well last night.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

akalei

Morning, donuts!  6 for me at lunch today.

Roll: happy birthday (a few hours late)!  mmmm, german chocolate cake.

Sprinkles:  Your little guy is too cute!  I love the sweater... DH won't let me dress pup Sad  Welcome to Pfitz!  You're going to love and hate it, trust me.

Re: geese.  They do scare the crap out of me.  And I'm constantly stepping in their poop.  They need to learn to clean up after themselves.  Alby, however, loves the geese... well, he loves chasing them.

So this isn't worthy of a QOTD, but after all the delicious vegetarian-friendly recipe sharing going on, is anyone interested in sharing good non-veg recipes?  I'm always interested to learn how to fuel my training well beyond chicken breasts, veggies, and pasta.  Donut (and other baked deliciousness) recipes are, of course, always welcome, too.

My PR's! 5K: 21:54 | 10M: 1:16:55 | HM: 1:43:40 | Full: 3:51:56

2013: BQ or bust!

http://justalongfortherun.blogspot.com

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning Donuts! 9.3m for me this morning with a warm-up run to gym and cool-down run back home. 4.75m on TM w/4x200/2x400/1x800/2x400/2x200 w/2min rests. First time doing a ladder workout and enjoyed it on TM. Made TM tolerable at least.

Nice pics of dogs. I'll post one of my Weim once i figure out how to post a pic here. She is my runnign partner and does my warm-up with me and sometimes farther than that.

indiana - nice tempo run. Almost identical to one i did Saturday!

Roll - Happy Birthday!

Sprinkles - enjoy Pfitz! never di a Pfitz plan and probably won't now that I am all in on Hanson now.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Trail Monster

Indy, I started my blog mostly as a public journal of my running hoping to keep myself motivated and so that beginners like me could find me and socialize. I never dreamed anyone other than my mom would read it.

Docket, enjoy the down time!

akalei, nice 6.

jedi, awesome TM workout!

Lily

This is my Lily. She got the shirt and ball for Christmas. She destroyed both promptly.

50 minute tempo run for me today. Going to be tough!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Docket_Rocket

Was she the one that was sick not long ago (that you posted about in FB)?

I will share my kitty pics later, be warned!

Indy, I started my blog mostly as a public journal of my running hoping to keep myself motivated and so that beginners like me could find me and socialize. I never dreamed anyone other than my mom would read it.

Docket, enjoy the down time!

akalei, nice 6.

jedi, awesome TM workout!

Lily

This is my Lily. She got the shirt and ball for Christmas. She destroyed both promptly.

50 minute tempo run for me today. Going to be tough!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

akalei

Jedi:  I forgot to add earlier, Shamrock is the weekend after Chambersburg, otherwise I'd totally be in.

Also, I'm loving all the fur child picture sharing (and real child, Roll Smile)... not sure why I didn't see everyone else's pictures until I got into work today!

My PR's! 5K: 21:54 | 10M: 1:16:55 | HM: 1:43:40 | Full: 3:51:56

2013: BQ or bust!

http://justalongfortherun.blogspot.com

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Akalei- thanks.  I am allowed to dress him in things that are not too feminine- argyle qualifies because it looks smart, and he has two American Apparel sweatshirts too!  I'm up for sharing non-veg recipes, although I'm veg, my husband is not...not to mention how much I suck at cheating.  I still haven't posted my cookie recipes, but I will!

Indiana- my garmin is being weird this morning and won't upload my most recent workout, but this morning went great. Pfitz here I come.

Docket- can't wait to see kitty pictures

Banshee- love lily's top! so cute.

One more pup picture!

Me: This morning was my first Pfitz workout.  I'm uploading it to my log.  THe scheduled workout was 8 mi with 4 at HMP-15k pace.  I pretty much nailed it if you average the middle miles.  The first half of the workout was totally into the headwind, and the second was not. It was pretty entertaining yesterday when I found one of hte bloggers that is annoying and all "twee look at me" CHEATED in the 10 miler.  She bandited the race and then bragged about how she ran a race for free on her blog.  I know the race director sort of, so I did kind of offhand mention it but he ignored it!  Oh well, I guess he wants the Oiselle girls running for free (since they get everything else free too).

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

mdawg87

Good morning! 1 hour on the stepmill with intervals and stretching at the gym this morning.  Another rainy day with massive traffic issues.  I love Atlanta commuting.  In other weather news, I'm hearing vicious rumors that a cold front is coming through next week with a few days of highs only in the 30s.  How will I survive???

I will try to post some pics of my cat tonight...along with finally getting to the recipe thread.  I love the photos of everyones' pups.  The are all so adorable!

Roll:  Happy birthday!  Your son is cute as a button.  Poor Scout!

akalei:  I'm all in for some non-veggie stuff.  One of the recipes I'll share is a meat recipe.  I love vegetarian dishes too though.

Docket:  Cool...cat pics.  Can't wait!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

aka - prety much why i have yet to do Shamrock.Smile I missed Cburg last year to do RnR USA in DC following week. BIG mistake as that was my PW marathon and bum ankle to boot. Weather last year was bad too but week before in Cburg perfect race weather.

Jedi:  I forgot to add earlier, Shamrock is the weekend after Chambersburg, otherwise I'd totally be in.

Also, I'm loving all the fur child picture sharing (and real child, Roll Smile)... not sure why I didn't see everyone else's pictures until I got into work today!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

onemile

Morning guys.

Jedi - nice ladder speedwork!

Banshee - cute baby - does she have two different colored eyes?

Sprinkles - nice start to Pfitz!

Indoor track day for me after work.  I have 5x1k at 5k pace.. totaling around 9 miles.

mdawg87

Akalei- thanks.  I am allowed to dress him in things that are not too feminine- argyle qualifies because it looks smart, and he has two American Apparel sweatshirts too!  I'm up for sharing non-veg recipes, although I'm veg, my husband is not...not to mention how much I suck at cheating.  I still haven't posted my cookie recipes, but I will!

Indiana- my garmin is being weird this morning and won't upload my most recent workout, but this morning went great. Pfitz here I come.

Docket- can't wait to see kitty pictures

Banshee- love lily's top! so cute.

One more pup picture!

Me: This morning was my first Pfitz workout.  I'm uploading it to my log.  THe scheduled workout was 8 mi with 4 at HMP-15k pace.  I pretty much nailed it if you average the middle miles.  The first half of the workout was totally into the headwind, and the second was not. It was pretty entertaining yesterday when I found one of hte bloggers that is annoying and all "twee look at me" CHEATED in the 10 miler.  She bandited the race and then bragged about how she ran a race for free on her blog.  I know the race director sort of, so I did kind of offhand mention it but he ignored it!  Oh well, I guess he wants the Oiselle girls running for free (since they get everything else free too).

This story just keeps getting better...

Cute pup!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

MDwag and AK - thanks! i cant figure out which one is harder to teach. He is our youngest of three.

Sprinkles - that is irritating and i dont even have a dog in the fight (see what i did there with all the dog pics goign on). I think its hilarious (in a good way) that your dog has a seat cushion for the shopping cart.

Banshee - your dog looks ashamed of what it has done to that ball.

Jedi - how was the RnR in D.C. managed as far as an event. Sucks that you PWed and had ankle issues.

Another 4 miler for me this evening (Fartleks). I found a set of keys in the road last night. I drove around the neighborhood pressing the alarm button so i could return them but was unsuccessful in locating the vehicle. Any suggestions on how to find the owner? no identifying clues in the key chain.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

bagopux

I'm with Jag on all this blogger business.  I had no clue all this tom-foolery was going on.  Never seen it or heard of it.  Maybe its cuz I don't run the big races in the big cities.  Wow, its some crazy world out there.  Hope I never have to deal with all that drama.

First tempo run on the Hudson plan today.  w/u, 10 min. @ HM, 5 min. jog, 10 min. @ 10k, c/d.  Solid workout.

... and any time the sun wants to start coming up earlier would be fine with me!

Canuck

Morning all. I also have speed work today, 8 x 600m, so I will be heading to the gym after work to run it on the TM.  I'd prefer to run outside, but shorter intervals are a bit of a pain.  I think next week if the weather cooperates, I'll run the 800s outside, the TM is fine, but it is just so warm in the gym, I'd rather be outside where it is nice and cool.

Happy Birthday Rollcast!

Nice dog pics gang.

PRs: 47:54 (10K); 1:46:36 (HM); 3:50:52 (FM)

Recovering from injured knee (PCL/Lateral Meniscus)

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Onemile- Thanks ! First run down, yay!

Mdawg- If you google "Nurse on the Run" you can see the post...i dont' want to link to her blog or really defame her or anything, but she cheated!!!  Her pictures are ALL OVER the NYC Runs fb page front 'n' center...the race director was like...her punishment is that her time didn't get recorded.  oooooo so horrid. 

Rollcast- That's how the pup carts are made at Bed Bath and Beyond- they literally have "canine carts" with pillows in them so you can bring your dog in with you and not have him walk all over the floors.   HAPPY BDAY!!!

Bago- The "big bloggers" run the "big races,"  these are mostly local runners who are middle-of-the pack with the exception of a few.  I used to think their blogs were great because I was just starting out running, and then I realized they are all in the cahoots with various products: ProCompression, SparklySoul, Sparkle Skirts, MovingComfort, Womens Running Magazine, lululemon ambassadors, NUUN and Oiselle.  It's all the same girls too- they got into the Hood to Coast Relay through NUUN...and as a result you have this arrogant pack of young women runners who scream entitlement...if you'll notice they are all white upper-middle-class late-20s/early-30s...basically my demographic (only I don't walk around thinking I am all the rage...i train with a real team, and that real team serves up quite the dose of humble pie.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55