Sub-4 Marathon Group

April 2013 (Read 53 times)

DetroitTigerFan

Cbus - good one - i was fooled ! Smile

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Ball of Fury

I have decided CBus owes us something for his evil joke....so, as punishment, he must race a 5K with Roll and myself to see who wins!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Sprinkles - you ran the Philly full? What do you think of race?

Akalei & Jedi- Rock N Roll Philly? I was actually just looking at that today before I came over here and just saw now that you were both mentioning it- I am considering it- I ran that part of the course during the marathon and it is not very challenging- there are some minor elevation changes, but nothing like the Manayunk hills, which this course appears to be avoiding for the most part.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Rusk Runner

Sounds good to me, Roll and AmiK!  I am all about all of you beating all of my PRs!  Mind you, that particular PR was my 1 year anniversary of running PR, run on an 80 deg and humid morning with hills to kill (look at my 4 mile PR from this past Thanksgiving).  I will run that race again on July 4th weekend as my 2 year anniversary of running.  I ran it the first time in like 27 minutes and change after I started running about two weeks prior to the race.  I am a glutton for self induced punishment or something.

Cbus - You are a scoundrel.  You must come to Shoals, Indiana and run the 5K with me in July.

7 mile rehearsal run tonight.  8:36 avg pace with 2 miles @ MP (8:15).  My leg actually gets to feeling better when I am at MP but who knows?

Packet came in the mail tonight.  Got my bib and my race shirt.  I guess I am in.

White fluffy jasmine rice with chicken and eggplant thai green curry for dinner tonight.  Going high carb starting tomorrow.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

onemile

Yep, Cbus is now sentenced to the torture of a 5k.  Don't show your face here again until you have proof Evil

I had a Dr. appt this afternoon and after taking my pulse the nurse said 'I bet you're a runner!'  SmileSmileSmile  I've always wanted someone to say that to me!

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Sprinkles - you ran the Philly full? What do you think of race?

Phenomenal race.  I did a race report here back in November that I can try to dig up.  I absolutely loved it.  I did start in the wrong corral (my own fault - I didn't switch out) and it was a little crowded until mile 6, but I had no problem pacing myself.  I think if you have a tough time with hills, it will be a tough race, but if you eat hills for breakfast, you're fine.  I tend to love them, so it was a good race for me.  The course support was excellent (lots of water stops), and the long out and back is not the drag you'd think it would be- I got to see the elites coming down the other side of the roadway, which was really awesome.  Manayunk is super lively and they hand out beer (which you no longer want by that point).

Cbus will be sentenced to running 5ks til he pukes!

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Docket_Rocket

I second that.

(so long as he is the one doing the 5K and not me....)

I have decided CBus owes us something for his evil joke....so, as punishment, he must race a 5K with Roll and myself to see who wins!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

That sounds delicious!  Did you put the recipe on the thread by any chance?  I would like to try that green curry.

Sounds good to me, Roll and AmiK!  I am all about all of you beating all of my PRs!  Mind you, that particular PR was my 1 year anniversary of running PR, run on an 80 deg and humid morning with hills to kill (look at my 4 mile PR from this past Thanksgiving).  I will run that race again on July 4th weekend as my 2 year anniversary of running.  I ran it the first time in like 27 minutes and change after I started running about two weeks prior to the race.  I am a glutton for self induced punishment or something.

Cbus - You are a scoundrel.  You must come to Shoals, Indiana and run the 5K with me in July.

7 mile rehearsal run tonight.  8:36 avg pace with 2 miles @ MP (8:15).  My leg actually gets to feeling better when I am at MP but who knows?

Packet came in the mail tonight.  Got my bib and my race shirt.  I guess I am in.

White fluffy jasmine rice with chicken and eggplant thai green curry for dinner tonight.  Going high carb starting tomorrow.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Smashy!!!

Sorry for the joke. But I had to throw in at least one cliche April Fools joke. Actually, I felt so bad, I stayed away from the message board after I posted it.

On a serious note, I'm not sure if I'm still over trained or if it was the time off or my illness. But i ran 8 today, and it was hard to begin with, then I kinda wanted to stop, and that went away. But then every mile that went by, I kept slowing down unintentionally. Last mile was close to 11:00. I have to say, it's got me kinda worried about my race. I've decided to keep my runs around 4-5 miles from here to my race. Hopefully that's enough to shake the cobwebs out, but not so much that it kills my legs.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Trail Monster

Cbus, you had a crappy run because of your mean joke! That was karma biting you in the ass!

I see 22 minute 5k's and BQ's being mentioned. Am I in the right forum? 13 miles, 9:58 average, broken up into 3 sessions (3 per-dinner, 7 post-dinner, 3 after kids were in bed). Going to be a big numbers week for me!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Docket_Rocket

Yeah, what Banshee said.  Hope they get better!

Morning!  My 10 wiped me out.  It was 86F and humid, so I guess I ran them too fast for the day.  5 recovery miles and weights tonight.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Ball of Fury

I am so seriously over this damn sickness!  I was up all night coughing again...like, I really don't think I slept more than 30 minutes straight at any point.  Then, I couldn't drag my tired ass out of bed at 4AM...probably better for my body to rest, but I am frustrated!  This is supposed to be one of my peak weeks and instead, it sucks.  Oh well, I am doing the best I can, I suppose.

Docket:  Ugh...that's some hot weather!  Hope your run goes well tonight.

Banshee:  Nice 13...I am impressed you got out there 3 different times!  I probably couldn't drag myself out of the house after the first one.

CBus:  Yep...it's karma!  No, seriously, I am sorry you had a tough run....hope you feel better.

Onemile:  That is cool...they knew you were a runner!

Indy:  Nice run!  Isn't it exciting when you it actually becomes official!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Smashy!!!

Cbus, you had a crappy run because of your mean joke! That was karma biting you in the ass!

!

Fair enough. ...but it was worth it, he, he, he...

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

mdawg87

Good morning.  SRD for me.  I was able to sleep in until 6 am today and was wide awake at 5:30 am.  What's up with that?  I'm sure I'll be dead to the world when my alarm goes off at 4:40 am tomorrow.  So looking forward to the weekend already.  Fun stuff to do and great temps.  Can't wait!

AmiK:  Have you been to the doctor?  I can't remember.  If not, might be wise to do so at this point.

Indi:  +1 to Docket's request for the curry dish recipe.

Banshee:  Nice mileage!

Anyone heard from Zoe?  Hope she's recovered from her injury issues.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

onemile

SRD for me too.

Yes Indi, that curry sounds amazing. Please share the recipe!

Banshee - I don't think you're that far away from a 22 minute 5k!  Keep at the speedwork!  Smile

Amik - ugh. Getting sick sucks and getting sick in the middle of training sucks even more.

Cbus - have you run that 5k yet?  During mile 2.5, ask yourself, was the April Fools joke worth it still? I bet your answer will be different!