Sub-4 Marathon Group

March 2013 (Read 56 times)

Smashy!!!

When DH and I were choosing a fall race, it was between Columbus and Monumental...it was a tough choice.  Ended up choosing Monumental simply because we have free childcare in Indy and we hoped it would be cooler weather!  But I am always up for beer!

I think Roll can pace all of us in this regard. Big grin

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

With all this talk of log stalking, I feel I need to start. Smile

Ami: my threshold for tights vs shorts is 40F, but most of my tights are mid-weight because I don't have to run in super-low temps all of the time.  I'm more likely to go with shorts, pin my bib to my shorts, and have a throw-away layer on top that I can get rid of when I get hot.  But for a 10K, I'm fine with being gloppy and wet for the last two or three miles, so I probably wouldn't worry about it.  But, whatever you go with, good luck with your race!

Jedi:  Good luck to you, too, this weekend!

Hi everyone else!

I did 3.8 easy-ish at lunch @ 7:59.  Steady 25-30mph winds made the run absolutely miserable.  The wind is still blowing, so needless to say, I decided not to try to tack on another run this evening.  I signed up for a 10 mile race for tomorrow on a whim because it starts close to my house and it is an out and back on a trail I haven't raced on...and it is put on by a local club so it was super cheap.  I'm not planning on racing it, but probably will run it close to MP or as a bit of a progression run.  After that run tomorrow, I'll start a crash taper for my half next weekend.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Did you guys see the guranteed entry guidelines ING posted for NYCM?

Did you mean the time standards for guaranteed entries?  Or that they are capping the number of time qualifiers?  Or just the various ways you can get a guaranteed entry?  The routes for a guaranteed entry are the same as they have been for a while now (other than the 2012 deferrals), as are the time standards.  It looks like the only change is that they are capping the number of time qualifiers at 2000.

That being said, I was debating which would be more fun and challenging to try to meet to qualify: the 2:45 full or 1:19 half.  I'm leaning towards the 1:19 half as being easier, at least for me.  But it would still take a hell of a lot of work to get to where I'd be able to run miles at 6 flat for the entirety of a half.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

I would prefer red wine in cold weather.

Warmup 1km then 10 miles at what I suppose is GMP.

Rest tomorrow, long and easy on Sunday.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Trail Monster

Quick check in. I'm working my ass off lately. Looks like I will hit 60 hours this week.

Got 6 @ 10:23 average tonight. 139 avg heart rate. I'm testing a new strapless HR monitor from Omron and I have to say I'm pretty impressed. I only had to readjust it once. Gotta go get kids to bed but I'll try to sneak back in after DH leaves for work.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

I think Roll can pace all of us in this regard. Big grin

Now that's in my log.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Ball of Fury

Headed downtown Indy for the 10K!  Have 4 clothing choices in the car...lol!  Right now, it feels like 26 out and it's a windier than expected (did I mention I HATE wind) so I will probably wimp out and wear tights!!  Hope you all have a great day and good luck Jedi!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

cbus - Columbus on my short list, but just comes at bad time of year for me right now logistically with kid activities hence why I have done Nov marathons last couple of years and this year too. I live about 5hrs from Columbus. I hear course is flat and sounds like well organized race.

Why don't ya'll come to Columbus in Oct. I don't know who will pace whom, but we can all drink beers afterwards.

Morning Donuts! Nice day for a new HM PR!Smile Weather is looking good. 32 at start and near 40 when i should finish. Just had my oatmeal and heading out to race in about 40min. I live 5min from start. I'll post a time up later. Good running all.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Smashy!!!

Good luck to Jedi and Ami!!! Have great races! And oh yeah... Smash it!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

DetroitTigerFan

Jedi- good luck on your race ! That's cool the start is so close to your home

Ami - good luck today too ! i hope it warms up and the course is clear of snow and ice today for you all !

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Ball of Fury

Garmin time:  46:53!!  Be back later!

Ball of Fury

Docket_Rocket

Congratulations!!!!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Slept in so no run for me this morning.  Hoping for 9-10 tonight, although I am still not at 100% but my asthma feels way better than in the last two days.  Off to a BBQ with the ultra running group.

Hope Billy is rocking his race and I see AmiK rocked hers.  Woot.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ball of Fury

46:54 official time...will write a RR later!  We are off to see the new Oz movie with the kids!  Have a great day Donuts!