Sub-4 Marathon Group

April 2013 (Read 53 times)

Thanks fellow donuts!!! I was passed and then smoked by a 70+ year old. I was lovin' it. The guy had some great mojo, we talked for a bit afterward.

Indi - bring the good news brother!

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

onemile

Indi - how did it go?!?  Anxiously waiting for an update!

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Nice Job Roll!

Akalei- It is such a good book! I'm definitely waiting for that run review on the Kinvaras!

Indiana- RACE RESULTS NEEDED!!!

Me- Delayed my long run one more day to kick the cough, but ran my 10k today.  51:31.  PR technically, but um...I ran the 10k split in my half marathon in 49, so I am not impressed with this result.  A bunch of walkers ran in front of me...awesome.  I also got elbowed in the stomach by some psycho running super slow in the 7:30 corral...good times.   Going to the car show tonight...with a 19 year old who is somewhat loud.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Rusk Runner

First off....Congaratulations Roll!!!!  You da MAN!  I am very happy for you!

Before I download my garmin information to show what we will call a poorly executed race run by a person who should have deferred his entry, I want all of you to know that I am still VERY happy with my time.  I can honestly say that through all of the poor decisions I have made over the last 5 or 6 weeks,  I am still proud of myself for another marathon finish and a new PR of 3:42:21 (official).

Now that you know that I have finished and what my time is, I will upload my data and tell you everything that went wrong.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Ball of Fury

Congrats on the PR Indy!  I am sorry your race did not go as well as you hoped, but impressed with your attitude about it!  Maybe we can all learn something...lord knows I am still quite ignorant when it comes to running!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Indy, that will just make the next PR that much bigger.  Still, congrats on the PR!!

Roll, congrats on the PR, too!

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

DetroitTigerFan

Roll - congratulations !! so what did your splits look like? it's been a while since I've done a 5K - always interested in if you did a warm up and how this affects pace in a short race

Cbus - note Roll's time - that's what you must beat for your 5K punishment for the April 1 donut trickery Smile

Indy - congrats on the PR !!! another sub 4 - sweet !!!  looking forward to the race review - get ready for my standard slew of post race questions Smile

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Rusk Runner

Thanks guys!

I am too tired to pound out a RR at the moment, but I will put it down to the biggest factors:

1. Missed too many quality runs at the peak of my training due to injury

2. Ran other runs during training despite injury

3. After a loss of confidence and (in my thinking) fitness, I ran the race even though I constantly told myself to defer my entry

4. Ignored my own advice of pulling my goal pace down to 8:20

things went awry during mile 22.  Breathing and HR were good to go best I could tell but the wind and hills and my left leg from the hip down to my ankle made some decisions that my mental game could not overcome.  I basically ran/walked my way to a 4:39 PR.  Funny thing though, I met a woman and guy during the race that were also looking to finish at 3:35ish.  All three of us finishsed within a minute of each other.

Oh yeah, I would not rec this race to anyone.  Less than 20 people cheering outside of the water stops.  I like a small race, but this was the extreme.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

onemile

Sounds like a rough race. Congrats on managing to come out of it with a PR anyway!  I hope you do write a RR later.

Thanks guys!

I am too tired to pound out a RR at the moment, but I will put it down to the biggest factors:

1. Missed too many quality runs at the peak of my training due to injury

2. Ran other runs during training despite injury

3. After a loss of confidence and (in my thinking) fitness, I ran the race even though I constantly told myself to defer my entry

4. Ignored my own advice of pulling my goal pace down to 8:20

things went awry during mile 22.  Breathing and HR were good to go best I could tell but the wind and hills and my left leg from the hip down to my ankle made some decisions that my mental game could not overcome.  I basically ran/walked my way to a 4:39 PR.  Funny thing though, I met a woman and guy during the race that were also looking to finish at 3:35ish.  All three of us finishsed within a minute of each other.

Oh yeah, I would not rec this race to anyone.  Less than 20 people cheering outside of the water stops.  I like a small race, but this was the extreme.

Ball of Fury

Sounds like a tough course Indy!  I bet you will kick butt at Monumental....flat, flat, flat!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Nice PR Indi!!! That's something to be proud of. I hope to run a full that fast sometime. Overcoming struggles like that is always mental ammo for future races. Have a donut.

DTF - splits were embarrassing. Didn't manage my pace well because I got caught up in the moment during the first 1/2 mile running with the young bucks, I looked down and was running a 5:35 pace. Backed off to a mid 6 min pace. Struggled in the second half of the second mile and beginning of the third mile. Then told myself to "suck it up butter cup". About that time a senior citizen made me look like I was running backward.

Mile one : 6:32

Mile two : 7:12

Mile three : 7:17

the last .1 : sprint (ish)

Smashy!!!

Indi, congrats on the PR. Sounds like it was a tough race. Way to gut it out. You da man!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  Internet was out most of the day, bah, but here I am!  15 miles done this morning in gorgeous weather but with a headwind all the way. Nice run.

Rollcast, woot!  That is an awesome result.

AmiK, hope you're feeling better.

Great runs, all.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Sprinkles, a PR is a PR and you just made it official.  You'll get the next one soon!

Indi, awesome result.  Congrats!

OK, I'm caught up now!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page