Sub-4 Marathon Group

August 2013 (Read 41 times)

Rusk Runner

Buffalo trace trail run at the slowest pace I could run to let running partner finish the whole run.   Still had a blast.  The climbs, descents, technical nature of the waterfall loop, all make for a super fun run no matter how fast or slow you run.

10 miles @ 11:54 pace.  This is pretty much guestimating as I dont know the true measurements of the trail and the short run to the trail.  Some ads have it at 12 miles, but a guy I met said his cycle computer reads it at just under 10.  I dont care really, its just a fun run.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Nice running everyone!!! I worked back to back 15 hour days for about 7 days straight, so my absence on the internet is for good reasons!  I didn't miss any miles though.  Today the sucky slowness of being tired went away, and I managed 6 with 6 x 100 m strides in about 51 minutes, no idea what my splits were yet bc i haven't uploaded them yet.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Got my 7 miles in with 8x100m strides.  5 out of 8 strides were under 6:00mm.  The last 3 times I did strides, I only had 0-2 times I got below 6:00.  I never paid any attention to my speed on strides until today, and I'm not sure these numbers even mean anything, but sub 6 for me is exciting, even if it is only for a few seconds.  Big grin

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

Rusk Runner

Way to go Paula, Jennifer, DTF!

Just Run!!!

Docket_Rocket

Nice runs!

I did 7 miles in the rain.  It was 77F and I thought I would be able to fly but no, I ran the same pace as usual but at least it felt easier since it was not 100000F.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Getting ready to head out for my 18 miler.  What's up, peeps?

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

Docket_Rocket

Hi!  Did 18 with the last 9 @ MP + 10% and it went so easy and nice I was shocked.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Rusk Runner

Good to hear Damaris!

How about you Paula?

3 recovery miles on the treadmill this morning, 21 miles bicycle tonight.  I am up to 30 miles this week and hoping I dont have to mention the injury any more.  Training for HM starts one week from tomorrow.

Just Run!!!

Indi, I got the 18 done, but the last few miles were definitely a struggle and I faded a bit.  Still, it was the fastest long "easy" run I have ever done, so I am happy.  Great to see you back at it!

PRs:

I met mdawg87 on the Silver Comet Sunday morning.  Her avatar doesn't do her justice;  she is seriously cute (and fast).  She also had Mr. mdawg in tow.  We'll probably be seeing more of each other since we both seem to do our long runs there and start about the same time.  Actually I start a bit earlier, but since they are faster they eventually pass me.

mdawg87

Good morning.  Abs, 5 easy TM miles, and stretching at the gym.  I have a boatload of report rewrites to do today.  We're switching a data base app that I use to a web based app.  So...I get to redo lots of reporting I've created over the past few years.  It's not terribly difficult, just time consuming because there are so many reports.  And yes, for the techie folks, I use them all!

Awww...thanks RVD!  I'd told DH we might run into you at some point.  I saw someone ahead of me in a red shirt and black calf sleeves and thought it might be you.  Glad I was right!  We'll be back in two weeks for another 16 (for me at least, probably 12 or 13 for DH).

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6 miles tonight.

Nice FE, RVD/mdawg.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Hey mdawg87, I'm thinking of doing the Alien Half Marathon in Roswell on August 17th (in the evening). I've run this one before and didn't really like the course, but I'm scheduled to do 3wu+8MP+3cd =14 miles two days before. So, I'm thinking I could just try running this half marathon at my hoped-for marathon pace and just treat it as a workout. I did really like the shirt they gave out and also an alien-head sticker which I have on my travel-to-marathon suitcase to make it more identifiable.  Here is the link.

mdawg87

Hey mdawg87, I'm thinking of doing the Alien Half Marathon in Roswell on August 17th (in the evening). I've run this one before and didn't really like the course, but I'm scheduled to do 3wu+8MP+3cd =14 miles two days before. So, I'm thinking I could just try running this half marathon at my hoped-for marathon pace and just treat it as a workout. I did really like the shirt they gave out and also an alien-head sticker which I have on my travel-to-marathon suitcase to make it more identifiable.  Here is the link.

I would, but it's my last 16 miler that weekend and I'm only 3 weeks out at that point.  I know me.  I'll race the damn thing and that's not what I need to be doing that close to the marathon.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Ok, I posted the following in RWOL, trying to get some opinions out there.  What do you folks think?

I'm following (as best I can) the Hansons' 20 week 60 - 80 mpw marathon training plan, targeting Chicago.  There is a Saturday evening half marathon coming up and am wondering if I should let it go or run it, and if so at what pace.

The schedule for that week is:

Sun: 14 moderate  +  4 at MP

Mon: 8 easy with 10 strides

Tue: 2wu+6(1HMPw400r)+2cd

Wed: 8 easy

Thu: 3wu+8MP+3cd

Fri: 8 easy

Sat: 8 easy w6 30sec pickups  (or run a half)

Sun: 18 moderate

I wasn't going to try to run it as half marathon pace, but rather at marathon pace (which is only 9:00 mpm.)  I was thinking of just doing 8 easy on Thursday and using the half as Thursday's workout on Saturday evening.  If I do this, what do I do about the following day's 18 moderate, or the preceding day's 8 easy?  Any other ideas (like just sticking to the schedule and forgetting about doing the half)?