Sub-4 Marathon Group

August 2013 (Read 41 times)

Rusk Runner

I get home later than the start also but, I have a digital recorder.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

White Lightning

8 easy miles finished at 9:14 avg.  HR's nice and low.  Started to get hot at the end so glad to beat the heat

Play the Game Hard!

Rusk Runner

5 @ 8:55 this morning.  Got my heart rate up on the last hill when a bat flew about a foot from my face and scared the crap out of me.  Had my sleep interrupted also as my dogs got into a racoon hunt about 3:50 this morning.  I will have to dispose of the coon after the sun comes up.  That must be about the 10th coon those dogs have battled and won.

Just Run!!!

mdawg87

Good morning!  Strength training, 5 easy TM miles, and stretching at the gym.  Looks like a lovely weekend in the ATL...finally.  Really tired of all this rain.  We've already exceeded our yearly average and it's only the end of August!

Indy:  Those are some energetic dogs you have.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

DetroitTigerFan

mdawg - those are fast MP miles - nice job !

josh - how warm has it been out there?

indy - so do you have to set a trap for the coons or will the dogs point em out

me - on vaca up north - ran 8 miles - supposed to do 8 strides but forgot to do them until mile 7 - oopps - so only did 4 - lol. It was funny as I'm running in farm country and ran down a road - ended up running by an old abandoned mini air force radar installation. I think it was used in the 50s as an early warning site......http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Austin_Air_Force_Station

Have any of you run by historical sites or cool places like that ?

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

nachosgrande

DTF - not quite so cool, but while on road trips I've run past the Amana Colonies in central Iowa, done trail runs in Sequoia, Yosemite and Zion, and run past Pebble Beach, Spyglass, Cypress Point and Spanish Bay golf courses while visiting Monterey.

Mdawg - you seem to be really killing it this cycle.  when i left a few months ago you were hobbling around.  i come back and you're a terminator.

Josh - nice easy 8 miler.  good pace for a low HR.

Me - I've been running 20-30 mpw, mostly based upon what I can squeeze into my schedule.  Decided to go back to school to knock out my science pre-reqs so I can apply to a PT graduate program, so most of my time has been consumed with physics and physiology; plus, baby #2 is due this Wednesday, so I've got to sneak in my runs whenever I get a free hour.  Last night I ran around Mission Bay/Sea World at 11pm.  I startled this barn owl that was hunting in this brushy field along the water and then he just glided along with me, maybe 15 yards in front of me, for a good 5 minutes.  Really cool.  Did 7 miles @ 7:41.  The five middle miles were tempo paced in the 7:30 range.

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Just wanted to say, I've been diagnosed with a SFX, so I will be DNSing my Columbus. I won't be on here very much because I won't have anything to log for a while. So if I miss anything, good luck everyone who's racing! (I'll still check in to see if the Big Board needs updating.)

DTF, I just want to wish you all the luck in the world man. I know you've been a lot of work preparing for that sub4. I know this is the year you'll get it. Just remember to pace smartly and with discipline on race day, and you'll be coming home with that sub4. Good luck. I'm rooting for you!

Nachos, congrats on both fronts!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

nachosgrande

Hey Cbus - I'm so sorry to hear about the injury.  Heal well, brother.  On the bright side, UCLA football should be legitmately competitive this year.

White Lightning

DTF - Its been fairly warm during the days, mid 80's but finally starting to cool off a bit this week

6 freakishly easy miles this morning at 8:38 avg.  Nice and cool made it much easier to run.  Avg HR of only 141 which is only 73% of max.

Play the Game Hard!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Sorry I have been MIA but work has been super busy.  8 miles tonight.

Cbus, sorry about the diagnosis.  Heal fast.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Rusk Runner

Wouldnt it be nice if we all didnt have to work?

Well, what was supposed to be a GHMP run for next weekends "fun run HM" ended up being a Hansonesque strength run.  I was shooting for 7:45 to 7:50 (conservative, but I am weaning off post injury running), but I ended up at 7:23 avg.  Anyway, barring the hills, HR was in a really good place and I should be able to pull off a mild PR next weekend.  Hopefully that will set the tone for a decent PR in November.

Just Run!!!

DetroitTigerFan

Indy - thanks for your support as always - so are you getting excited for your race next week? what's your strategy for this one? PS - I'm jealous that you consider a 7:45 pace conservative Smile that's awesome

Cbus - i'm sorry to hear about your injury ! what is a SFX?  PS -  thanks for all your support for my race - I appreciate it and need all the help/support I can get.  This will be my final marathon for the short term.  I hope you get well and keep checking in. I was thinking of you today as I ran in farm country - I passed a farm with some savage dogs and was wondering -what's worse -  running from zombies or hounds ? luckily they were leashed, but I could see their neck fat dripping over the leash. I probably looked like a fried chicken leg running past them - lol !

Nachos -  where did you run  in Zion - do you just follow the Springdale road through the park like where the bus stops go ?

me - did my 14 long on my "recovery week". Ran by the hounds of Baskerville but they were leashed.  Ran the last 4 at MP

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Rusk Runner

DTF - Glad to hear you are running strong, even while on vacation.  I am constantly yelling/confronting dogs out here. Luckily I have not had to return to any areas to eliminate any problems.  My wife has often asked me why I dont run with a small pistol.  I tell her I will think about it when they come up with a dri-fit, form fitting holster.

I have no particular plan or excitement about next weekend.  I only signed up to run because a buddy asked me to run with him, and that would have been at 10 or 11 minute pace.  Now that he has backed out due to not prepared/injured, I just figured I would give 7:45ish a shot so I could see where I meet be able to pace myself in November.  I am a tad suprised I am running the way I am after having to take virtually all of June off due to injury.  There are a couple of good hills around the halfway point of the race next week.  I have no idea what the weather will be like either. They will have chip timing this year which is a plus, because they had my time screwed up by greater than a minute last year.   Its a nice little race though, and I just need to drive about a half hour down the road to get there.

So anyway, I am just kind of approaching it like a fast training run.  Maybe I get a mild PR, maybe I dont.

Just Run!!!

Smashy!!!

DTF, sorry bout that. By SFX, I meant stress fracture.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

White Lightning

6 hot easy miles finished at 9:20 avg.

Play the Game Hard!