Sub-4 Marathon Group

July 2013 (Read 44 times)

You are taking a baby aspirin every day rigjht? Statins shouldnt be a boher unless your body just does not tolerate them.

Dr didn't mention baby aspirin, just said take 82mg, maybe it was the 81mg

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Docket_Rocket

You shouldn't have a problem then.  I think the articles say that NSAID's are bad during or close to running, so I assume taking that in the morning shouldn't be bad.

I usually run in the PM and take the aspirin in the AM.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Husband said that is baby aspirin, and that you should be fine.

He said aspirin is not required for statins but to follow your doctor's orders.

Dr didn't mention baby aspirin, just said take 82mg, maybe it was the 81mg

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

The Dr said he wanted me to use aspirin to thin the blood in case there is a clot from a rupture in the plaque build up in arteries. Seems like an older person issue but family history has serious heart issues you young ages.

#genes

Docket_Rocket

That's similar to what hubby told me.  He does not think the aspirin in the morning will hurt the PM run.  If you have to run in the AM, can you do the aspirin post run, just in case?

The Dr said he wanted me to use aspirin to thin the blood in case there is a clot from a rupture in the plaque build up in arteries. Seems like an older person issue but family history has serious heart issues you young ages.

#genes

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Dr said the timing of the aspirin wasn't important. So, yes, I can swap AM runs for PM aspirin or just wait until post run.

Smashy!!!

Indi, I believe you, so I don't need to post a question to Luke. I'm just trying to figure out how to act on the idea, since I'm not yet in tune with how GMP should feel.

Got in a double for 8.6 total @ very easy pace.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Smashy!!!

7 easy this morning, 10:4x. Overcast, so it was much cooler, but just as humid--quite comfortable.

Happy running all!

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  5 miles later tonight.

Cbus, nice run.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

10.1 humid, wretched miles at 9:20 this morning.

I also think my current pair of WRs are toast, my knees were achy afterwards.  That, and a biohazard, given the repeated soakings with sweat they've received this summer already.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Rusk Runner

Ran the entire Buffalo Trace Trail in French Lick today in 94 deg temps and high humidity.  Cant trust the GPS watch for this run as being under forest canopy and running countless switchbacks throws it off by about 1.5 to 1.75 miles.  In all actuality, the trail is jus shy of 10 miles.  Had to walk some of the steeper inclines to get my HR down below VO2 levels (heat and humidity).  Turns out I was actually running at about a 9:45 pace when I wanted to be running closer to 11 minute miles.  Oh well.  I had a blast anyway.  The sweat pouring off of the bill of my visor was a first.

I will try to post a couple of pics I took on facebook.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Sorry, double post.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Roll, take care of yourself!

Good running guys!

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Roll, take care of yourself!

Good running guys!

Thanks Simon. I couldn't imagine what the Dr would say about my health if I didn't run. heart issues run in the family.

Smashy!!!

DTF, do you mean 8 sec for every degree above 70? Because 10 degrees doesn't make sense (since that would take you to 80 degrees).

Paula - I think i'm ready. I'm slightly iffy since I've been on vaca this week and ice cream seems to be the Pfitz dairy regiment - lol. Isn't that in Chpt 2 on nutrition ? Smile  No, actually, I've tried my best to restrain myself, but I know I probably put on some weight. It will come off in Aug/Sept, especially with V02 max - that's when I saw some large weight improvements last year.  I did do the 10 miler and 5 miler on vaca.  On top of that, i've been biking on my vaca (casual mountainbiking around town) I guess my legs will have time to rest during the 4 hr drive back home.  Anyway, I hope to be ready - recovery week next week !

Cbus - Indy sounds like he knows what he's talking about, so i'll +1 him

Luke was our Amer Cancer Society coach last year - when I asked him about pacing he said - back off 8 sec/mile for every 10 degrees above 70-75. In the 80's back off 10 sec per mile and in the 90's back off 20 seconds per mile. Over the course of the summer, these can be dialed back once the body gets adapted

Hope this helps