Sub-4 Marathon Group

July 2013 (Read 44 times)

Smashy!!!

Pux, there is an App, at least for iPad and iPhone. But I didn't think it added any value. What you don't like about FB, I think, is what is great about it: i.e. you don't have to follow everything, but can pick and choose.

And that's kind of like during hockey season when I see, say, the number '12' and I think, oh, Eric Staal.

So, the thing i don't like about facebook is that the threads develop unbelievably rapidly.  I'll just pop in and check on things and there's 40 posts in a thread.  And then I think, "well, I'm not going to read all that."  and if i just read the end of the thread I have no idea what's going on and if I just read the beginning then I have no idea what the thread has morphed into.  So I'm a little lost.  I only look at fb on my phone, never on a pc.  maybe that's my problem.  Also, are there add-on apps that make it easier to follow?  i just use the stock android app.  i like it being a closed, private group, but honestly i've felt more disconnected using fb than the RA forum.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

bago - I can see that... like I just went to look at the FB page and there are about 800 posts of Cbus and the  other ladies discussing women's running shorts. I felt totally lost looking at just the beginning and end, but had no interest reading the middle.

PRs: 10k-44:36 (10/12), HM-1:44:55 (4/13), FM-3:41 (10/13)

onemile

bago - I can see that... like I just went to look at the FB page and there are about 800 posts of Cbus and the  other ladies discussing women's running shorts. I felt totally lost looking at just the beginning and end, but had no interest reading the middle.

I never would have guessed from RA that cbus knows his Lululemon better than I do.

Docket_Rocket

Haha.

I never would have guessed from RA that cbus knows his Lululemon better than I do.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Strider24

Run Strider Run!

You guys are so funny - even more so on FB!

Nick, good to see you on both platforms!  Glad you're back and healing!

PR:  47:52 (10K), 1:48:17 (HM), 4:01:42 (FM)

Ok, I dropped out of the FB group.  Too much chaff and not enough wheat.  I have no interest in what clothing people are wearing or what games they like to play.  It seems that any of the meat is actually posted here, so here I'll stay.  This group seems to be more about running and the FB group more about everything else.

RVD, we did kind of go off on a few tangents in that dailies thread... Blush

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

Smashy!!!

RVD, sorry to see you go. But that's what I like about the FB group: I get to see people as more than just runners.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Rusk Runner

23.7 on the bike, 19.1mph avg spd, 156bpm avg HR, 81rpm avg cadence, start 4:11 AM, a wonderful 65 deg morning. Really stood up and danced on the pedals through most of the big hills. Billy, I had to wear a long sleeve tech under my jersey this morning.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

onemile

I rode my bike last night.  14 miles.  But not fast like Indy!  But I have a mountain bike and well, I'm slow Cry

I have my first 'tempo' run of this Hansons cycle tonight - 12 with 6 at GMP.  Interested to see how it feels.

RVD - yes the fb group has a different vibe and lots of nonsense and can see why you might not enjoy that.  Sorry to see you go though.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  12 miles done.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

mdawg87

Good morning!  11 miles w/9 at GMP.  GMP miles were 8:25, 8:27, 8:29, 8:28, 8:38 (uphill), 8:31, 8:29, 8:28, and 8:27.  Weather was nice this morning too.  72 degrees, but lower than normal humidity.  Felt strong throughout the run.  I had a massage last night so I'm thinking that helped as well.

RVD:  +1 to the comments about FB being a different vibe.  I don't participate in all the threads, and sometimes can't read them all.  I chime in when I have something to add.  I'm enjoying the banter though.  Maybe just pop in once in a while if you feel like it?

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

bagopux

If cumulative fatigue is the name of the game, I'm totally winning.  8 miles with 5 at HMP.  Pretty tired from the start.  HMP miles averaged about 8:55 but last two were 8:58 and 9:20.  Cool down mile was 13:00+.  This completes 4 days straight with a strength session thrown in.  SRD tomorrow.  Whew!

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

7 MP @ 7:35 average pace.  Haven't looked at my splits, but most were right around 7:30-7:35, with the first mile a bit slow.  5 wu/cd, probably around 9:30 or so (I haven't done the math to combine the two entries).

Running club tonight; they seem to do about 5ish.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Great running so far this morning, folks!  I have 8 GA miles later this morning.

I didn't feel like I needed a cutback week until late yesterday.  Feeling some DOMS from Tuesday's speed work (and Sunday's MP miles maybe?).  Fortunately, it is a cutback week.

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)