Sub-4 Marathon Group

July 2013 (Read 44 times)

mdawg87

Good morning!  Just back from an easy 8 miles at an average 9:32 pace.  Getting ready to have, you guessed it, oatmeal with raisins and peanut butter!  I swear I could eat it 3 times a day!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Just an easy 8 with 6 bring ups.  Have a good cold.  This doesn't bode well for tomorrows 18 with 8 at MP.

For mdawg87:  I'll to tomorrow's 18 at the Silver Comet.  Sunrise is supposed to be at 0647, so that's the time I aim for.  MIght be 10 minutes in either direction.  I'll be wearing a bright neon orange tech shirt, black compression shorts, black calf sleeves, black hand-held and no hat.  I'll be hard to miss when you go zooming by.  Tomorrow is supposed to be an easy 6 (10:15 pace) then 8 at MP (9:00 pace) and then 4 recovery (< 11:00 pace).  So, if you're there I know you'll pass me at some point.

Rusk Runner

mdawg - you seriously put peanut butter in oatmeal?

10 miles @ 9:10 avg pace.  Hit the hills for the first time in what feels like forever.  Cycling tomorrow, SRD monday.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

mdawg87

RVD:  Won't be at SC tomorrow.  Doing the 10 miler from the house instead.  I'll be there next Sunday for another 16 though.

Indy:  Yes!  And it's delicious.  I use 1 Tbsp of all natural organic PB and 1/4 cup of raisins every morning.   Don't knock it 'til you try it!

RVD:  Won't be at SC tomorrow.  Doing the 10 miler from the house instead.  I'll be there next Sunday for another 16 though.

Didn't think you'd dirty your running shoes for a 10 mile long run.

Oh well, everybody else will be able to see me.  Big grin

Well, as it turns out I canceled out of my long run.  Totally sick.  I'm gonna try that ancient Chinese remedy.  It consists of shoving as many donuts down one's gullet as possible.  If I can't be good then I might as well be bad.

mdawg87

RVD:  oh no!  Hope you feel better.

10 miles at an average 9:08 pace.  Now for some pool time on this sunny day.  Ribs and baked beans for dinner later...mmm.

Docket_Rocket

Morning, 18 miles done.  They were not as easy as I wanted them to be.

RVD, feel better!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Rusk Runner

RVD - Feel better!  Hope you can taste the donuts!

mdawg and docket - Good runs.

Me - Not to much data to play with as my GPS was dead before I went out for my ride today.  Anyway, 50 miles bike, 18 mph avg speed, 2:46:40.  Time for an SRD tomorrow.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

DetroitTigerFan

RVD - hope you feel better. I can't stand colds in the summer. Are you sure it's not allergy related ?

Docket - good run at 5 am Smile your paces got faster through the entire run so that's a good thing

Me - had only 12 mile long run at ~9:24.  Happy with run but pre-run preparation was sloppy - I need to treat all these long runs as prep for race day. Had a 2 minute power outage last night and had to wake up early to fix the clocks,to reset my alarm for 4am.  Then after I awoke, I was so tired I fell asleep for 15 minutes and became behind schedule- lol.  Anyway, this was Pfitz recovery week so next week its up to a 50 mile week with first 18 miler of the year

Thanks everyone for the advice on the tune up race - based on your thoughts i'm going to try the same approach - run 1 10K and 1 HM.  Last year I did a second 10K but ran It purely as recovery for mental purposes (to train not to get too excited at start line and let people run ahead of me) This year, i'm using that race as a backup for the other 10K in case i'm not happy with my performance

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Hi all.  14 LR @ 8:10 average pace this morning.

Got in 71.6 for the week, a new weekly PR by about 10 (just followed the plan and tacked on three extra runs because I could).

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

RVD - I went with the Chinese Donut Remedy the last two Fridays (actually didn't bring lunch and was too busy to go out and donuts were plentiful). For some reason I actually better than normal for my afternoon runs. Maybe it will work for you too.

DTF - nice pace on the 12 miles. It seems strange doing the Hanson's book plan with no 18 milers (although I think I will run one or two anyway) and you already have one next week.

Just back from a cool 8 easy miles for a total of 50 for the week. The plan is for 55 miles next week.

PRs: 10k-44:36 (10/12), HM-1:44:55 (4/13), FM-3:41 (10/13)

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

RVD - I went with the Chinese Donut Remedy the last two Fridays (actually didn't bring lunch and was too busy to go out and donuts were plentiful). For some reason I actually better than normal for my afternoon runs. Maybe it will work for you too.

They top up the glycogen stores. Smile

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

mdawg87

Morning all!  7 TM miles, abs, and stretching at the gym.  Enjoyed our pool and the BBQ yesterday.  Perfect weather again today in the ATL.  High in the upper 80s, sun, and lower than normal humidity.  Wishing I was getting ready to head back out to the sun and water, but alas, gotta go "make the donuts" as the old Dunkin Donuts commercial used to say.

Things sure have slowed down on the forum since we started a FB group.  I really like it here too.  I hope this group survives!

RVD - hope you feel better. I can't stand colds in the summer. Are you sure it's not allergy related ?

No, no allergies.  I don't really have any.  Had to miss out on this morning's easy run too.  I'll have to see if I can try tomorrow's 2wu+3(2HMPw800r)+2cd workout on this first week of Hanson's Race Specific section of training.  Still doing lots of coughing.  Worst case I'll be able to restart on Wednesday.