Sub-4 Marathon Group

July 2013 (Read 44 times)

Ball of Fury

What's up Donuts!! Insanity Plyo Cardio this morning and now we are on our way to Columbus for our mini-vacation!  CBus, I will be the one downing freadult beverages at the Embassy Suites manager's reception Wink

Indy:  Awesome, awesome news!!  Maybe we are both on the road to recovery!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Smashy!!!

Ami, there's a good chance for rain on Thurs. and Fri. Let me know if the zoo is still in the cards (is it open on the 4th?). If weather only permits Cosi, let me know that too (is it open on the 4th?).

What's up Donuts!! Insanity Plyo Cardio this morning and now we are on our way to Columbus for our mini-vacation!  CBus, I will be the one downing freadult beverages at the Embassy Suites manager's reception Wink

Indy:  Awesome, awesome news!!  Maybe we are both on the road to recovery!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Ball of Fury

Ami, there's a good chance for rain on Thurs. and Fri. Let me know if the zoo is still in the cards (is it open on the 4th?). If weather only permits Cosi, let me know that too (is it open on the 4th?).

They are both open on the 4th! I will definitely let you know.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

mdawg87

SRD here too - the Hansons Weds club Cool

I ran 12 last night. It was too nice out not to.

Love this!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

mdawg87

Docket - Get better.

Got a soft, slow, and easy 4.11 miles done this morning.  Still nervous, but I didnt have any problems (celebrate).  Plan to do some very easy cycling tonight, hard cycling tomorrow, and then get in a short and easy run on Friday.  I just cant make up my mind if I should run before or after my therapy session.

Watching the Tour de France pretty much every day.  These guys are freaking amazing.  You just have to wonder which ones arent doping.

So glad to hear!  Good call not running tomorrow.  I hope Garmin Sharp does well as they have touted the anti doping theme since being formed.  I also hope they're telling the truth...cynical...I know.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

cmb4314

Yay, Indi and Ami!  So glad that both of you are running pain free!

Hope all of your Hanson-ites enjoy the Wednesday off Smile

I am going swimming after work.  I learned yesterday that the elliptical is not a good motion for my IT band, so I only did ~10 minutes of it then did strength stuff and foam rolled the heck out of it.  Damage seems minimal - it's a tiny bit more sore today, but overall feels pretty good.

Having a good day here though, since as of this morning I officially have a job offer in hand and will have a permanent job in a few weeks.  Moving from an hourly temp position with no benefits to a salaried permanent position that gives me a ~$18,000 raise + paid vacation and holidays.  SO excited.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Smashy!!!

That's awesome! Congrats.

I am going swimming after work.  I learned yesterday that the elliptical is not a good motion for my IT band, so I only did ~10 minutes of it then did strength stuff and foam rolled the heck out of it.  Damage seems minimal - it's a tiny bit more sore today, but overall feels pretty good.

Having a good day here though, since as of this morning I officially have a job offer in hand and will have a permanent job in a few weeks.  Moving from an hourly temp position with no benefits to a salaried permanent position that gives me a ~$18,000 raise + paid vacation and holidays.  SO excited.

Good morning!  SRD for me today.  Keeping my fingers crossed I won't be doing my 10 w/8 at MP in a deluge tomorrow.  Supposed to rain steadily starting tonight.  At least I can put it off until later in the day if necessary...unlike those poor Peachtree Road Race participants.  I fear that's going to be a sloppy mess tomorrow morning.

AmiK and Indy:  GREAT news!

Yeah ditto.  I'm supposed to do 3wu+6PR+3cd and have no clue when to try that.  Looks like rain all day.  Real happy at the moment I didn't get selected for the Peachtree this year.  Smile  This will be the first time I've been able to see it on TV.  Usually I'm running it, or if not, I'm out doing a training run.

I ran 12 last night. It was too nice out not to.

I should have had today off, the last off day in the program.  Unfortunately I got rained out Monday, so had to make it up today.

Docket_Rocket

Congrats on the new job!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

DetroitTigerFan

Ever have any funny running dreams ? had one last night:

I was running at mile 26 on race day. As I turned the corner for the final stretch, I see the clock says 3:50.  On this final 1/4 mile to the finish line, a volunteer was handing out ice cold old fashioned glass Pepsi bottles to all the runners (it appeared to be a mandatory thing for all the runners in my dream) So I grabbed one (ps - also for some reason, all the bottles still were capped) and ran to the finish.  The bottle was ice cold and starting to sweat. As I was running I noticed people were congregating literally before the finish line and blocking the way.  The next thing I see in my dream is a fast-forward to after the race and me reviewing my finish line photo.  There I am holding a capped glass Pepsi bottle with a disgusted look on my face due to people blocking the finish line. It's crazy !! lol

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Run streak is officially broken! 36 days straight. Huge personal best. Vacations tend to interupt run streaks. Another sacrifice that is very worth it.

I really enjoyed a Pepsi today, standing at the finish line. It was weird. Cool

Happy 4th donuts.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Word!Cool I can only say that till week 7 though.Smile lol

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Smashy!!!

Happy 4th donuts!

Ive got MP on tap today, and probably 8ish total.

Roll, congrats on the streak! But a Pepsi? Are you so low, sir... Coke. Drink Coke...

Happy running everyone!

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning Donuts! Easy 10.5m w/6x30sec build-ups or fartleks (whatever you want to call them). felt good good out there especially not being so humid today. This Hanson stuff not so bad thus far.Smile i say that now.Smile lol

Ami - good news.

Good Luck to anyone racing.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???