Sub-4 Marathon Group

March 2013 (Read 56 times)

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Only  FB. Myship has a group too that I post to.

jedi - have you tried the 'together we served' website?

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Think so. They just added teitter account too i believe.

does runningahead have a facebook page?

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

onemile

sprinkles - morning puppy cuddles are the best Smile

Amik - perfect racing weather - good luck!

D - have a good run tonight

cbus - glad you're continuing to feel better.

mdawg - good on the 6 and good luck for your appt tonight.

If I go out too fast in a race, it's usually only by 10/secs per mile or so.  I feel like pacing is one thing I do a good job on.  I can be stupid in training etc but on race day I am pretty good about assessing my fitness and choosing the right pace.  (I haven't tested my ability in this for marathons yet though!)

Ball of Fury

Sprinkles:  The bloggers probably wear full-on make-up to races too don't they...no offense if anyone on here wears make-up to races, but it's something I just don't get!  Hope you have a good run today...oh and wash your hair! Smile

Cbus:  Glad you are feeling better and I am pretty excited about the weather for the next couple days as well...let's hope they got the forecast right!  Hope you get some good advice from your friend.

Docket:  Sorry about the cough/bad run yesterday...hope today's is better!  I really don't know how you run down there in that weather with asthma!

Roll:  Nice run with some speedy intervals!

Indy:  Good for you taking an extra day when needed...we all need to do a better job of listening to our bodies!

Jedi:  I agree there are cases when it's ok to go out too fast by a small percentage..my problem in the past was that I would go out over a minute faster per mile than goal pace!  I like to think it's because 1) I was a very novice runner and 2) I didn't have a Garmin and not because I am just an idiot but only time will tell I guess!

Onemile:  Enjoy your 15 with pace miles...hope it goes well!

MDawg:  Nice TM run...glad to see you are still on the mend!

The sidewalks are still snow covered here so decided to head to the gym for another go around with the hamster wheel!  I did 6 easy @ 9:35/mile, but to stave off boredom I jumped off after every mile and did push-ups, pull-ups, ab work, etc...figured it would be good training for my Spartan Race next month.  It was a pretty good workout, but man, there are some really strange people at the gym at 10 AM!  From the creepy old dude who kept trying to look up my shorts while I did abs to the many people just wandering from machine to machine drinking coffee (seriously, they would do 1-2 reps, drink some coffee, and then move to another machine)!  At least I had something to distract me from my running!  Hope you are all having a good day!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Docket_Rocket

They do?  I'll have to look it up.

does runningahead have a facebook page?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

The only thing I see is the FB app for the running log.

And for a moment, I thought I had left hte gorup accidentally.  I refreshed to post and it told me to join the group.  Eric must be working on the forums because it signed me out all of a sudden.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

The only thing I see is the FB app for the running log.

And for a moment, I thought I had left hte gorup accidentally.  I refreshed to post and it told me to join the group.  Eric must be working on the forums because it signed me out all of a sudden.

What is the FB page y'all are always referring to?

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

nachosgrande

Regarding going out too fast: strangely, in most of my races (HMs), I'm usually too slow. It takes me a few miles to get it going. That's why this time I want to do a bit of a warm up.

Same thing for me.  In my HM PR, my first 2 miles were 9:30+.  I ended up running the final 11.1 at roughly 7:35 pace.  I feel like I need a minimum of 3/4 mile of true "warm-up" (easy jogging) time before I'm ready to start "running."

Docket_Rocket

I think last week we were referring to the Beginners & Beyond group here in RA.  There is an RWOL FB group and some other RWOL groups but I don't remember us talking about them here.  But I could be wrong.

What is the FB page y'all are always referring to?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

I think last week we were referring to the Beginners & Beyond group here in RA.  There is an RWOL FB group and some other RWOL groups but I don't remember us talking about them here.  But I could be wrong.

probably not on here but i tend to wander off into other threads as well.

White Lightning

Afternoon everyone.  11 freezing cold miles finished at 9:51 and only 66% HRR.  6 more inches of fresh snow last night but props to my town for getting the paths clear again.  I thought it was warmer than it really was and didn't wear my long sleeve wicking layer, just my t-shirt under my jacket, big mistake.  But despite the cold a very solid pain free run and little effort.  Slower running is starting to feel much better than it was a month ago.

Dog issues though.  I ran my normal 5 mile lap x 2.  The first lap I came across a guy with three absolutely beautiful golden retrievers but they weren't on their leash and they decided they wanted to run with me.  So I had to stop and help the guy get a handle on them as I said many not so nice words to him.  No apologies, he was just laughing.  Next lap, same thing, he still didn't have them on his leash.  So this time i didn't stop and two of the three ran with me for the next 2 1/2 miles, fun stuff.  Got back to my car and felt bad for them because it was so cold so carried them over to the vet/kennel in my car and dropped them off.  Hopefully the guy will learn.  I was tempted to take them home so my chocolate lab had a couple of friends to play with Smile

Amik - hardcore workout, never thought of doing something like that

Nutrition followup - So i've been following Fitzgerald's nutrition recommendations for the last 10 days or so and energy level is still through the roof. Top top it off, I haven't had a cup of coffee in 5 days, going from a pot every morning.

Play the Game Hard!

The sidewalks are still snow covered here so decided to head to the gym for another go around with the hamster wheel!  I did 6 easy @ 9:35/mile, but to stave off boredom I jumped off after every mile and did push-ups, pull-ups, ab work, etc

I do this on a trail i run sometimes. There is a point that ovelooks a river and has about a 30' drop off (straight down). I do push ups on th edge overlooking the river. Ill have to take a picture sometime.

onemile

Better watch out. It's scary out there. Joking

probably not on here but i tend to wander off into other threads as well.

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Ami- Some do, most don't wear the makeup- but they make sure to point out on their blog that not wearing makeup makes them extra badass or whatever.  People do wear makeup to spin class...not sure how they still come out of there looking like actual humans.  I mostly look like I've been wrecked.

Onemile- My dog is a snooze button, it is quite dangerous

josh- Can I ask how the effect of Fitzgerald's recommendations has been on your weight?

Mdawg- glad the snowflake quote entertains Smile

Me: 6 today at lunchtime before the snow hit, barely made it back in time and now it is sleeting outside- luckily I left my rain boots here earlier this year.  Work has been absolutely insane and it looks like it is just going to get worse before it gets better.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

White Lightning

josh- Can I ask how the effect of Fitzgerald's recommendations has been on your weight?

Check the graph at the bottom of my training log.  That result is me eating 2800-4000 calories a day but 400-450 grams of carbs everyday

Play the Game Hard!