Sub-4 Marathon Group

March 2013 (Read 56 times)

mdawg87

Good morning!  6.25 glorious miles at 9:37 pace this morning at the local high school track.  First run outside since Dec 15th...aka date of injury.  I know that because it was the last date I used my Garmin before today.  Will run some easy miles tomorrow with DH.  Probably 3-4 since it'll be my first time back on the roads...and the hills.  Already 51 degrees here!

AmiK:  Awesome!!

Docket:  Sure hope you feel better soon.

Jedi:  Waiting to hear from you.  Hope all went well!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Rusk Runner

Amik - Way to go girl!  Can hardly wait for the race report, and I want to hear about the movie also.

Have fun Damaris!

Jedi?

10.24 done this morning @ 9:10 pace.  Keeping it easy until my left ankle/shin feels a little better.  I am hoping things are back to normal before intervals (4 x 1200) on Wednesday.  Another beauty of a day.  When I left it was 36 deg, when I returned it was 51.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Nice one Amik!

Tough week Banshee!

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

It's GORGEOUS here today - I'm visiting family and friends, so I'm actually taking a rest day- I've had some soreness in my calves lately and my goal half is next week.  I am spinning on Monday morning and running 6-10 tomorrow depending on how I feel.

Nice race, Ami, and nice running everyone else.  Mdawg - congrats on being off the treadmill!  I'm dreading that the time change will mess me up.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Awesome, Ami!!  Congrats!  Can't wait to read the RR.

jedi: hoped you smashed it!

mdawg: Great run!  Glad you're "back" outside for runs!

indy: nice run!

Sprinkles: enjoy the rest day!

Hi everyone else!

I ran my race this morning, too, but I didn't race it.  It was along a trail so footing was a tad uneven, but nothing too bad; not technical at all and almost pancake flat. It was an out and back, and was supposed to be a 10 miler, but they were about a quarter mile short each way, so the watch (and my time, independent of gps) showed that it was only about 9.5 miles total.  But because it was put on by a local club and because I was running it as a training run, I didn't mind the short course.  My goal was to try to run at approximately MP, or something like that, given that I'm not specifically training for a marathon.  So I picked 7:45 as my average pace, because that is what most of the calculators project for a MP from my shorter race times.  I hit my 7:45s pretty well, fastest mile was 7:42 and slowest was 7:48.  Overall, the pace seemed pretty effortless; my breathing was under control the entire time.

In the end, it was  1:13:49 total for the 9.5 miles, average of 7:45. Run to the race was 4.15 miles @ 8.45.  I took the bus home because I didn't think I needed an 18 mile day. Smile

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Sorry to leave you guys hanging. I had a really good race. 1:36:22 4th AG 40-44 7:21 avg pace. 17sec a mile improvement from last HM last fall. Almost 4min PR. Stoked for next race in 8 weeks. Good to see my work paying off. More later.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Smashy!!!

Wow, what a day! Huge donuts to Ami, Jedi, and Flinders on your races. Huge donuts to Mdawg for a glorious run. Huge donuts to the sun that's shining from Columbus apparently to NY!

Ran today. 4.25 easy miles @ 10:04 pace. Best I felt in a while. I guess that's what resting 6 of the last 8 days will do for you. Taking suggestions on what to do from here to race day. My thought was to do all easy miles next week, then do week 15 as scheduled, and then take a more aggressive taper during weeks 16-18. Any thoughts?

Onemile, did you ever read my response to your Graston question?

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Docket_Rocket

Congrats, jedi!

I decided to take another rest day.  Damn nosebleeds and asthma.  They are annoying the heck out of me and I'm exhausted from my allergies.  Bah.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Glad to hear it was a good run.  Do easy miles next week and see how you feel.  If you feel OK and not worse, then do week 15 as scheduled with the intent of editing some workouts if needed.

Wow, what a day! Huge donuts to Ami, Jedi, and Flinders on your races. Huge donuts to Mdawg for a glorious run. Huge donuts to the sun that's shining from Columbus apparently to NY!

Ran today. 4.25 easy miles @ 10:04 pace. Best I felt in a while. I guess that's what resting 6 of the last 8 days will do for you. Taking suggestions on what to do from here to race day. My thought was to do all easy miles next week, then do week 15 as scheduled, and then take a more aggressive taper during weeks 16-18. Any thoughts?

Onemile, did you ever read my response to your Graston question?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

White Lightning

Jedi, Amik, Flinders, great job on your races, you're all crazy fast.  Looking forward to RR's 

mdawg - Glad you're finally getting out there, officially turned the corner?

Cbus - No advice but glad the rest helped

me - 7 very easy GA miles at 9:33 and only 65% HRR, finished last mile at 8:53 and felt great.  Running is getting easier and easier, especially  with the sun out, shorts and no wind.  Crazy nice out today and can't wait for my 18 tomorrow, supposed to be just as nice

Play the Game Hard!

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Nice race, jedi!!

Cbus: I'd probably run easy from this point on out.  Take next week easy and run as you feel like, then do the week 15 mileage but run all the miles easy rather than trying to hit the workouts, and then taper according to how you feel, erring on the side of a more aggressive taper, but not so aggressive that you're stale for the race -- because you have trained well and the fitness will carry over to the race, even if you are tired now.

Rusk Runner

Jedi - Color me suitably impressed.  That is a great race from you!  CONGRATS!

Flinders - Impressed with you too!  I am dreaming of that pace for November.

Cbus - The position you are in is why I decided to wear an HRM while training.  Alot you can determine on what you should and should not do when you can monitor the ticker.  But, if it were me, I would run easy until I got that mojo feeling again and then I would add at least one quality day a week if my body didnt reject it.  Taper is time to reduce miles, not intensity.  Your case makes that difficult so pay close attention to what your body is telling you.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Indy:  I am too.  Though I think my aspirational goal for my fall race will be sub-3:20.  I felt like I could have gone about 16 miles at that pace and then the wheels would have completely fallen off.  But that is what a summer of marathon training is designed to improve. Smile

Josh: you lapped me while I was typing my last post.  Great run!

Smashy!!!

Thanks for the advice. So, it sounds like the large message is that you can't comeback from overtraining in one week. So I'll take the next week easy. If my mojo comes back, I'll throw in some goal pace miles for my one quality day. And then taper as necessary. Flinders, I think you're right that I've gained the fitness I'll need to reach my goal on race day, so now it's just about getting to the line.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

ami, jedi, flinders, congrats on owning your races! Big PR day.

mdawg  - I am loving the progress and know what you mean by "glorious run"

Cbus - what does your gut say?

indi - take care of that

5 mile tempo. 9:00 to 8:10 and back to 9:00. First 2.5 were with my 3 boys. They rode their bikes following me as I ran. The 5 yr old did a face plant on the way down a hill thanks to the ruts from a tractor. He face planted into the rain deprived earth. Immediately following, my 9 yr old missed the pedal and it spun backward and caught him in the shin. To the house. Finished my splintered tempo as a solo run. Total of 5.25. The effort of a 12 miler after crash and crash junior had their episodes. Poor fellas.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27