Sub-4 Marathon Group

March 2013 (Read 56 times)

Docket_Rocket

For some reason, I missed Flinders' post.  Congrats, Flinders!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Congrats Flinders on your race!

AmiK that was a speedy 10k. Good job!

I feel like freight train hit me today. Calves really sore today. Definitely spending time with roller today. Probably few recovery miles too as son wants to run and we have not all week. RR written for most part and should have up soon. Really can't believe I ran HM that fast especially on that course.

Good running Donuts!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Docket_Rocket

jedi, it's understandable knowing the course was tough.

Morning!  Plan was to do 15 but I stopped at 10 instead.  It was a super slow 10 (although they felt good) so I didn't want to do 15 miles at recovery pace.  I'll double it and run tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ball of Fury

Awesome job Jedi and Flinders!!  Thanks for the congrats everyone!  We went out with my stepson and his girlfriend last night (that flaming Dr. Pepper was probably a BAD idea!!) so taking a rest day today.  We are having birthday lunch with my mother-in-law, visiting DHs aunt in the hospital, and then driving the 2 hours home so busy day!  I promise I will get my RR done tomorrow!  Have a great day!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

mdawg87

Good morning!  4 HILLY miles.  Yes, that's right.  I said hilly!  Never been so happy to see them!  No issues, but I took it slowly.  Only ran at an average 9:54 pace.  

Jedi:  Congrats agian!  I bet you are sore.  It 's always amazing to me post race wondering how I ran that fast for that long.

Roll:  Oh my...kid drama on the run.  Hope the little ones have bounced back.

AmiK:  Flaming Dr Pepper??  I'm afraid to ask.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

DetroitTigerFan

Ami - nice race- was it pretty cold out ? nice job !

Flinders - nice race as well

question for the ladies - do you all run with pony tails ? i have nothing against them but sometimes it bugs me running behind someone with a pony tail for long distances. I always seem to get behind someone who is slightly faster and i have to look at the swinging left and right for miles and miles - lol. Today was the first warmer that normal day so i went out to a park to knock my 10 miler. The pony tails were a swingin ! - lol !!  Smile  Maybe some donuts can be used to weigh em down or something - lol

It was a nice workout for me - i've been running around my house which means interuptions at traffic lights.  Todays run was continuous non stop so there was no cheating. I did as expected. Trails are still snow convered so i had to stick to roads

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

mdawg87

Ami - nice race- was it pretty cold out ? nice job !

Flinders - nice race as well

question for the ladies - do you all run with pony tails ? i have nothing against them but sometimes it bugs me running behind someone with a pony tail for long distances. I always seem to get behind someone who is slightly faster and i have to look at the swinging left and right for miles and miles - lol. Today was the first warmer that normal day so i went out to a park to knock my 10 miler. The pony tails were a swingin ! - lol !!  Smile  Maybe some donuts can be used to weigh em down or something - lol

It was a nice workout for me - i've been running around my house which means interuptions at traffic lights.  Todays run was continuous non stop so there was no cheating. I did as expected. Trails are still snow convered so i had to stick to roads

Ha!  This gave ma a good laugh!  I guess watching a pony tail swing back and forth is like the drip, drip of a faucet.  Yes, DTF, I run with a pony tail.  However, mine is too short to swing back and forth so you would be fine running behind me!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

DetroitTigerFan

Ha!  This gave ma a good laugh!  I guess watching a pony tail swing back and forth is like the drip, drip of a faucet.  Yes, DTF, I run with a pony tail.  However, mine is too short to swing back and forth so you would be fine running behind me!

Mdawg - it's funny - i get that way sometimes. Like today running with a fleece jacket with zipper lining - the zipper handle kept bouncing making a noise - i wanted a piece of tape so bad !

With the pony tail runners, its also funny - most everyone runs this very nice 10K loop around a lake.  Well, when i go there, i veer off on another park road so I can increase my mileage. Anyway, there are pony tails ahead of me on the 10K route whom i slowly pass, but then i go off on my route and come back and sometimes they are roughly in the spot again where i catch up to them - so i see the same people a few times per run sometimes lol Smile

Docket_Rocket

mdawg, nice hilly run.

AmiK, flaming Dr. Pepper?

DTF, my hair is short enough to have a mini ponytail.  I hate the hair if it gets too long.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Ball of Fury

MDawg:  Nice run with hills!!  Yay!

DTF:  Ponytail here....DH has actually told me it annoys him to see me running away from him with my ponytail swinging and my short little steps!!

Docket/MDawg:  Flaming Dr. Pepper is a drink where you take a shot glass of Amaretto topped with Bacardi 151 and light in on fire.  You then drop it into a cup of beer and drink it quickly....tastes like Dr. Pepper!  We used to drink them a lot in college and when the bar we were had them on the menu, I couldn't resist...not a good plan.  Guess it proves I am old!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Rusk Runner

DTF - I ran with a ponytail until right before my second half marathon.  My wife used to braid my hair before a race or before a long motorcycle ride.  Yeah, it was about 6 or 7 inches short of my waist line.  Kept it long for a few years and decided to donate it to locks of love.

Windy and warm day.  17 miles done in a sort of slow progression.  Started at 9:36, finished at 8:40, for an average pace of 9:11.  I hit the last big hills fairly hard but felt good.  I still have some soreness in the left lower leg that needs to be addressed but overall it was a very fun run today.  Only brought 1 gel for mile 9, but I drank every ounce of 30 ounces of water.

Will check out the race reports and be back for more shout outs after I cook dinner for the clan.

DONUTS!

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

I like the pony tail swagger. It's the steak feet that can get to me after 8 or 9 miles. By steak feet I mean the people that seem to slap the ground with their feet on every step. I just wanna say, hey tread lightly and save your joints. But then it passes within a mile or two

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

onemile

Amik - very sweet time on the 10k! Congrats!!!

Jedi - you too - what a good race!

I will try to catch up more later. Just finished 10 in the rain making for 60 for the week.

Happy DST Everyone!  My favorite holiday ever!!

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Happy Sunday, everyone!

Nice running, all.  I woke up with a massive head cold/sinus gunk, so I have spent an absolutely beautiful day on the couch.  Not fun.  But the medicine seems to be working, so hopefully this will be just a minor hiccup.

I ended up with about 42 for the week; I thought I'd be able to run today to get a few more.  On to crash taper for my half next Saturday.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

DetroitTigerFan

I like the pony tail swagger. It's the steak feet that can get to me after 8 or 9 miles. By steak feet I mean the people that seem to slap the ground with their feet on every step. I just wanna say, hey tread lightly and save your joints. But then it passes within a mile or two

LOL - that's funny - i guess we all have our little things. I think pony tails are attractive, but its just a running thing - think of  it like a cat complex with a laser pointer moving around  - lol ! Smile