Sub-4 Marathon Group

March 2013 (Read 56 times)

Rusk Runner

Extra sleep?  You can do that?  Ive got a better one.  Lets see if we can get the amount of hours in a day raised.

I have been assigned to cook a big pot of authentic and oh so delicious chicken and andoulle gumbo for my Father in Laws birthday dinner tonight.  I will try to get my 5 recovery miles in during the first simmer.  I promised the daughter that I would buy her a new Skylander character this morning while I am at the store for gumbo ingredients.  I have to figure out what I am going to eat since gumbo is out of the question.  I actually need to load up on carbs tonight.  Tomorrow is my last long GMP run of the schedule (18 w/14).  I think I am going to run 5 mile laps by the house so the hills are relatively small.

Docket - good job following docs orders.

Onemile - get some sleep for me while youre at it.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning Donuts! Just back from 8.4m w/4m@goal HMP on course. Splits of 7:27, 7:22, 7:19, and 7:07. I am so rdy for next week. Very happy with the run today. Busy day with kid bday parties. Good Luck Roll and great running everyone!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Thanks Jedi, nice splits. You're gonna smoke next weeks race with those times.

Sinus infection in Roll's head (dont you love when people speak about themselves in the third person) Unusual for me, I don't normally get that far into an illness. No worries, it's temporary, taking a page out of cmb's book of being positive.

how are you starting your roux?

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

onemile

Morning guys.

Indi  - will add in some extra sleep for you.  Really it has made me feel so much better.  Your dinner sounds awesome.  And good luck on your 18 w/ 14 at MP tomorrow. That is a tough workout.

jedi - awesome job on the HMP miles. Very speedy!  How did it feel?  Last fall, I did 4 at HMP just to get a feel for if I thought I could do it and it was super hard. But race day magic made it happen for 13.1.  I love race day magic.  That is why time trials just don't work. I am guessing you agree with me on that point.  Wink

rollcast - hope the sinus stuff clears up. yuck.

I'm going to try to do my 16 LR today because with everything I have going on tomorrow fitting it in will be tough. Wish me luck!

mdawg87

Good morning!  Eating my eggs and toast after another 6ish mile TM run.  Still battling the stiff healing tissue in this dang calf.  Just gotta keep working on it until it heals fully and I can get it loosened up.   I have to say I'm glad I didn't run outside this morning.  Windy and still not out of the 30s.  That's cold for Atlanta!  DH is much more brave than me.  He went on a 40 mile ride with his triathlon buddies.  Brrrr...

jedi:  Nice run!  Can't wait to see how you do in the race.  You are uber prepared.

roll:  I too channeled some  of cmb's "positivity" (there's another good word for you!) this morning when trying to loosen up my calf during the run.  I could be in a lot worse shape.  

Cbus:  Hope you are feeling better and can get some rest.  One mile's extra sleep tip is good advice.  I also like indi's idea of adding more hours to each day.

indi:  Send some gumbo my way.  That sounds delicious!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Rusk Runner

onemile - good luck!

Jedi - Blistering fast as usual!

Mdawg - that is cold for Atlanta, normal for us folks.

Roll -  sorry bout the sinus infection. Indi uses oil and flour in enamel coated cast iron and adds a hint of bacon fat.  When I was drinking, I never cooked a roux without having a bourbon and coke in my hand.  Generally speaking, two drinks equalled a dark mahogony colored roux.  Now I just drink water and watch the color very carefully.

Just Run!!!

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Indy: The gumbo sounds good. I might get inspired to make some; I have been working through my soup and stew repertoire this winter and need some new additions.

Roll: sorry to hear about the sinus infection.  Hope you feel better!

onemile:  Good luck with your LR!

jedi:  nice run!  Also, I wanted to mention that I might be running Frederick in May.  I ran it last year and thought it a solid race, but I might have a conflict that weekend this year.

Docket:  Hi!

Cbus:  I think you are showing signs of over training.  Take a rest day or two and back off the quality work and just run easy until you get your mojo back.  I second onemile's suggestion of more sleep if that is possible.  As I have pushed up my mileage, I have found that I need more rest, and have also tried my best to get an extra half hour to hour per night during the week.

Me: I enjoyed the three pages of chatter from yesterday.  It got me through part of an excruciatingly boring, two hour ethics CLE panel yesterday afternoon.  Sadly my phone didn't want to let me post, so when I was finished reading I had to go back to pretending to pay attention and not sticking a pen in my eye for entertainment.

I skipped a run yesterday; I just wasn't feeling it, and we were having a front blow in so it was falling back into the 30s.

Race this morning.  I was inspired by our ribbing of Cbus to sign up for a  5K, and was able to find one that was close by and cheap.  I raced it.  I PR'd, and now I don't have to race another 5K again for at least six months. The ball is now in your court, CbusSmile It hurt like hell, but I didn't see spots or hurl, but I was queasy for the last half mile.  The return on the out-and-back course was cruel because we had a headwind.  I don't think I got as much benefit from the tailwind going out as the headwind took away on the way back. One of the competitive local clubs was out in force today, so the overall winner ran a 15:16 and the women's winner a 17:36. I think I finished somewhere about 50th or so overall.

Finished in 20:46, according to the watch, or 6:40 average pace.  Close to a full minute PR from the one I set in September.

Run to the race was 3.1 miles @ 8:46; Run home was 3.1 miles @ 9:06.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Ball of Fury

Indy:  That sounds yummy...and I don't even eat gumbo!  Hope your recovery run goes well and good luck with the tough run tomorrow!

Jedi:  Very nice run....you are gonna smoke that HM!

Roll:  Sorry about the sinus infection...feel better!  I had no idea what the hell a roux was until Indy answered your question!

Onemile:  Good luck with your run today!  And I am with you on the sleep...twice this week I was in bed before 8PM!

MDawg:  Nice TM run but sorry you are still battling the tightness!  And quit being  a wimp...40s is heaven!

Flinders:  Nice job on the 5K....congrats on the PR!  And wow, at the winning times...only in my wildest dreams....no wait, not even then, could I run that fast!

So, I had a terrible, terrible attitude about my run this morning.  It was 25 and windy and I just didn't want to go out there.  To add insult to injury, as soon as I laced up my shoes, it started snowing!  I seriously almost just said, "forget it!" but of course, I didn't.  I did 6 easy miles and it was actually a pretty good run!  Average was 9:23/mile, which is pretty good for an easy effort the day after my tempo!  Was feeling great when I got home, so I also did Ab Ripper X, 50 push-ups, and 50 tricep dips!  Since Sunday, I have worked 67 hours and run 40.2 miles so feeling pretty good about that.  If only I could find a way to switch those 2 numbers around!  Have an awesome day donuts...it's my first weekend off in 4 weeks so gonna spend some time with the family!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Did 16 in South Beach and the weather was great for that type of run.

jedi, nice run.

indiana, hmmm, gumbo.

Roll, may the Roll feels better soon.

onemile, good luck!

mdawg, hope the calf behaves.

Flinders, awesome 5K race!  Congrats on the new PR.  Cbus will remind you of the bikini pics....

AmiK, keep that attitude and you'll prevail.  Great run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

You's guys crack the roll up! Thanks for the well wishes. Getting anxious.

Indi - yum on the gumbo.

Jedi - nice

onemile - youve got this.

Mdawg - vacation hangover ? that's cold anywhere btw

flinders - PR BABY!!!!!  I bet the run home was a breeze.

AmiK - using the positivity that mdawg channeled thru cmb

docket - walk in the park for ya

Cbus - talk to me brother! How are you feeling?

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

onemile

Flinders - SWEET job on the 5k! Congrats!!

Amik - nice job on the 6 today.  I think forcing yourself out there when you don't feel like it is all part of the mental toughness. Glad it went ok afterall!

Damaris - nice job on the 16!

My first Hansons 16 miler is in the books!  It was pretty awesome. I can tell my legs have gotten much stronger and it felt so easy even though I was running a 9mm pace the whole way. I definitely felt like I could have kept going for awhile.

Rusk Runner

Got the 5 done at a good, mellow, easy breathing 10:00 pace.  Felt good when I was done.  Gumbo was cancelled due to a serious illness with DW's grandmother.  Took the kids out for lunch and got them some new skylanders and I am going to relax for the rest of the day.

Flinders - U da MAN!  Way to run!  I hope to pull a 5K that fast one day.  Congrats!

Amik - Your mental toughness continues.

Concerned about cbus.  No word from him lately which I hope means he is getting some rest.

Just Run!!!

onemile

Oh I hope Cbus is ok. I feel bad for pushing him Sad

Docket_Rocket

I was thinking the same thing!  Cbus, please report!  Hope you're OK.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ball of Fury

Was also thinking about him earlier!  Don't feel bad though One mile....we are hear to support one another, but that doesn't mean everything we have to say is always positive!  Part of supporting one another is telling the truth and I think this group really appreciates honesty!  Having said that, I hope he is ok and got some rest!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15