Sub-4 Marathon Group

March 2013 (Read 56 times)

Ball of Fury

Afternoon Donuts!  Had to force myself out the door but got in a pretty nice 7.15 @ 9:41.  Almost 40 degrees so not bad....supposed to be snow and sleet tomorrow with winds 20-30 mph...really?  Will be back later for shout outs...busy family day!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

DTF: To prep for hot weather, I have taken Bikram yoga - I'm not a fan but it seems to work

Another URD for me.  I can't even run a mile- my calves  HURT.  I have no idea what is going on with them so I'm just not running.  This is so disappointing.  It could be anything from achilles tendonitis (except its not all the way down by my heel) to soleus strains...who knows.  Ugh.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Docket_Rocket

Feel better.

DTF: To prep for hot weather, I have taken Bikram yoga - I'm not a fan but it seems to work

Another URD for me.  I can't even run a mile- my calves  HURT.  I have no idea what is going on with them so I'm just not running.  This is so disappointing.  It could be anything from achilles tendonitis (except its not all the way down by my heel) to soleus strains...who knows.  Ugh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hope everyone's weekend is off to a good start.  Good luck to any racers. There are no bouncy pony tails in Michigan right now - first week of spring is still winter here and was 20 degrees this morning. I need at least 40 degrees to start training on the dirt running in the trails for my half in May. Looks like i'm going to have to train there every weekend in April and May.  Will try to post more later - i had 2 questions for now:

- is there anyway reasonable way to simulate running in humidity ? (my race in May always ends up being the first humid day of the year - lol and was just curious if there were training techniques to do when it stilll flipping 25 degrees and dry here - lol)

- when you upload you data and asks to rate quality by 10 stars, how do you measure that ?

In other words, let's say you run a 10 mile route - it is flat and fast and clear, but you have a bad day running.  Is that a 10 star quality since its a good course or is it low star since the quality of how you feel your workout went was poor ? (i think its the latter but please let me know how you interpret that metric)

thanks and more later  !

an old friend of mine used to run with a garbage bag as a shirt to simulate heat and humidity. Lots of water if doing so.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

White Lightning

Garmin time was 1:47:06 and chip time should be very close to that, clock said 1:47:16 when I crossed the mat.  I am never running in the cold again.  Will type up a race report after I thaw out

Play the Game Hard!

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Sprinkles:  Hope you feel better!

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Garmin time was 1:47:06 and chip time should be very close to that, clock said 1:47:16 when I crossed the mat.  I am never running in the cold again.  Will type up a race report after I thaw out

Way to go, Josh!!  Congrats!  I'm looking forward to the RR. (I have to say, I can't imagine trying to run in that sort of cold).

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Docket_Rocket

Congrats!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Josh- Congrats.  I hear ya on the cold...its miserable after awhile.

Docket & Flinders- Thanks.  I'll be icing and spinning this week. THe elliptical doesn't feel so awesome either.

Smashy!!!

Donuts Josh! Look forward to your RR.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Strider24

Run Strider Run!

Well done Josh!

PR:  47:52 (10K), 1:48:17 (HM), 4:01:42 (FM)

Ball of Fury

Josh:  Nice job despite the cold!

Sprinkles:  Hope you feel better soon!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

mdawg87

WTG Josh!  Can't wait for the race report.  I can only imagine how cold you must've been.

Sprinkles:  I wouldn't mess around with that.  Maybe go back to the sports doc?  Hope the calves feel better soon.

DTF:  Docket's correct on the dewpoint being the key issue.  I'm not really sure there's a good way to purposely overheat while running.  I'd go with Sprinkle's Hot Yoga suggestion.

Lots of nice runs for the donuts today!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

DetroitTigerFan

DTF:  Docket's correct on the dewpoint being the key issue.  I'm not really sure there's a good way to purposely overheat while running.  I'd go with Hot Yoga suggestion. 

Shocked lol - i'm not sure what "hot yoga" exactly is so i think i'll just stick to training in cold weather for now -

LOL - hahah !!

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Mdawg: I don't have a sports doc, so I'm sticking with Graston.  My teammates recommended acupuncture, but for $120 a pop that seems like a huge gamble.

Pretty sure this is AT- woke up and the achilles above the ankle is stiff and tight and painful, so not dong anything today- needless to say this is pretty miserable, and its about to be exhausting because the classes for Bikram and spin are not particularly convenient to get to, meaning early wakeup calls.  Pretty depressed about this happening now, since it happened literally overnight and deteriorated within one run, meaning I went from 13.1 pain free awesome miles to not being able to run to the street corner.  I think my marathon this spring is likely over as is the rest of my season :/