Sub-4 Marathon Group

March 2013 (Read 56 times)

mdawg87

Shocked lol - i'm not sure what "hot yoga" exactly is so i think i'll just stick to training in cold weather for now -

LOL - hahah !!

It's called Bikram yoga after the founder.  It's hatha style yoga performed in a heated studio (100 or so degrees) in order to increase flexibility And range of motion.  You sweat your ass off.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Docket_Rocket

Do one has to look hot while doing it?

Morning!  Woke up after 9 hours of sleep with a headache.  But I had not slept more than 3 hours a night in the last three weeks so I'm glad.  I did 6.50 miles to and from the hospital last night and I'm back to coughing so either a short run tonight or an SRD to get rid of the last of the asthma.  Trixie is still in the hospital but the vet said she is happy.  I am going to see her later today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Sprinkles:  That is terrible. I hope it isn't as bad as you think, and that you feel better!

Docket:  Or just a hot mess?

Me:  LR this morning.  39F and cloudy.  The wind picked up on the last 3d, so it got pretty uncomfortable for the last couple of miles because I was soggy.  15.9 @ 8:40.  That makes 54.8 for the week, and only the fourth week ever that I have broken 50 miles.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

White Lightning

Sprinkles - Hope its not as bad as you think

Flinders - nice week and pace for today's run

Me - Legs a bit stiff.  Will try to get out for 6 recovery miles later this afternoon when it warms up a bit.  Rearing to go for the second half of Pfitz and to get back on track after a really crummy training week.  Temps look great starting tomorrow so hopefully the winter running is over.  Rewarded myself with pizza and wings last night so pretty sluggish this morning.

Play the Game Hard!

Docket_Rocket

onemile is done with her HM.  Waiting for her to post her results!!!!!  Jenny, where are you?????

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

1:43:58.  The wind was rough.  This was a little slower than I was hoping for but I just couldn't run it any faster.  A 2.5 minute PR though.

Will be back to catch up with everyone later!

Ball of Fury

Bout damn time woman!!  I even stalked the results to see how all the Jennifer's did...lol!  Great job..especially with the conditions!

1:43:58.  The wind was rough.  This was a little slower than I was hoping for but I just couldn't run it any faster.  A 2.5 minute PR though.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Fantastic time, onemile!!

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

White Lightning

Great job!!

Play the Game Hard!

Ball of Fury

Oh I guess I forgot to post today...got in 9.25 (was supposed to be 10) in the snow/rain/sleet with winds 15-20 mph!  I got really stubborn and tried my best to finish but somewhere around mile 8.5 I could no longer feel or move my fingers and I was soooo cold and wet, I just headed home!  Just over it all and bummed!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

White Lightning

Oh I guess I forgot to post today...got in 9.25 (was supposed to be 10) in the snow/rain/sleet with winds 15-20 mph!  I got really stubborn and tried my best to finish but somewhere around mile 8.5 I could no longer feel or move my fingers and I was soooo cold and wet, I just headed home!  Just over it all and bummed!

Well I took the day off again so don't feel too bad, at least you got out there.

Play the Game Hard!

Docket_Rocket

Great job, onemile.  I think you did great considering the conditions.

SRD for me today.  I just got back.  Can this week be fucking over already?  Trixie's results will be ready tomorrow.  HOping for good news.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Onemile - that's awesomeness! PR babbbbyyyyy.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

ap4

Congrats Onemile on an awesome time!

Damaris-Sorry to hear about Trixie.  Chronic vomiting kitties are so hard to figure out.  Even when you have the right diagnosis, it's a challenge finding the right cocktail.  If you feel like you're not getting there fast enough, you can always ask for a referral to an internist.  It's pricey, but sometimes endoscopy or ultrasound is needed to get an answer and determine treatment.

Today 16 miles-2 mile warmup, 6 at MP, 6 at HM + 10-20 sec, then 2 mile cooldown.  70 degrees and sunny out.

Excellent result, Onemile, congratulations!

Good week Flinders!

Nice long run AP4, that's a solid effort.

Almost hit bu a car today, due simply to the driver not paying attention (possibly sending a text message?)

She pulled over and apologised, bright clear conditions, I was running on the paved shoulder of the road three feet from the white line, it was so close the mirror brushed my jacket. If I had not been facing traffic I would be dead, and I am not being dramatic.

Please be safe! Take nothing for granted.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.